• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! I/we really do appreciate all of you so much!!! Thanks for the pledges and the shares and the tweets!!!

I look at it this way. We have 379 backers . . . If all those folks who want to see this game share the kickstarter page with their networks, and we get even 10 of their friends to back us OR share with their friends then this thing goes viral with a bullet. 379 X 10 friends is now 3,799 people talking about the Bad Planet Video Game. Even as it trickles out we're reaching a helluva lot of people. So yes, donating is important and we need all of you who back us with real dollars! But just as important is spreading the word. We're an independent!

We don't have the clout and name recognition as Marvel does with The Punisher, or DC does with Batman, we're the little guys!

And it doesn't matter that we have a bona fide awesome actor in the Captain's chair. It's not the Thomas Jane VG we're making ;) It's Bad PLANET!

So while we have a leg-up over a lot of independent brothers and sisters in arms, we still don't have the visibility a big established IP has.

The only way this happens is if we raise awareness. There are thousands of Sci-Fi, Adventure, horror fans out there who want a cool game in this genre.

We can give it to them, but first they have to know something like this exists!

There are also a lot of folks out there who DON'T play games, like Sunshine, but who are willing to support that independent spirit!

Spreading the word is backing us.

We just need to show a small part of the world what Bad Planet is. Share that page, share that update. Tweet about it, post about it, sing from the rooftops! And get your friends to help you help us!

We have a fucking incredible announcement to make on Monday. A huge update that could be a game-changer.

Tom did The Nerdist Podcast last week and plugged BP VG on KS huge. That should be available soon and that will help.

Tom will also be on this week's telecast of XPlay, on G4! That exposure will be hitting our exact target audience.

So stay tuned. WE don't recognize the word quit.

It's bleak - 3% funded with only 18 days left.

But who's to say we couldn't pull off the impossible, buck the expectations and actually pull this off.

Stranger shit has happened, but we can't do it without each and every one of you!

This is a call to arms.

Thanks to the brothers and sisters - TB

Anyone who has backed via the KS page, please feel free to leave a comment there. The game designers see all of that, and we take all suggestions and ideas to heart.

We have such a great opportunity to elevate the Bad Planet material in the video game format and that's something we're extremely excited about!

With KS we put the power of that creation in the hands of John Q Public, it's YOU who will give us the autonomy to create something new and different.

Stand by for a major announcement tomorrow!

- TB

Awesome! I/we really do appreciate all of you so much!!! Thanks for the pledges and the shares and the tweets!!!

I look at it this way. We have 379 backers . . . If all those folks who want to see this game share the kickstarter page with their networks, and we get even 10 of their friends to back us OR share with their friends then this thing goes viral with a bullet. 379 X 10 friends is now 3,799 people talking about the Bad Planet Video Game. Even as it trickles out we're reaching a helluva lot of people. So yes, donating is important and we need all of you who back us with real dollars! But just as important is spreading the word. We're an independent!

We don't have the clout and name recognition as Marvel does with The Punisher, or DC does with Batman, we're the little guys!

And it doesn't matter that we have a bona fide awesome actor in the Captain's chair. It's not the Thomas Jane VG we're making ;) It's Bad PLANET!

So while we have a leg-up over a lot of independent brothers and sisters in arms, we still don't have the visibility a big established IP has.

The only way this happens is if we raise awareness. There are thousands of Sci-Fi, Adventure, horror fans out there who want a cool game in this genre.

We can give it to them, but first they have to know something like this exists!

There are also a lot of folks out there who DON'T play games, like Sunshine, but who are willing to support that independent spirit!

Spreading the word is backing us.

We just need to show a small part of the world what Bad Planet is. Share that page, share that update. Tweet about it, post about it, sing from the rooftops! And get your friends to help you help us!

We have a fucking incredible announcement to make on Monday. A huge update that could be a game-changer.

Tom did The Nerdist Podcast last week and plugged BP VG on KS huge. That should be available soon and that will help.

Tom will also be on this week's telecast of XPlay, on G4! That exposure will be hitting our exact target audience.

So stay tuned. WE don't recognize the word quit.

It's bleak - 3% funded with only 18 days left.

But who's to say we couldn't pull off the impossible, buck the expectations and actually pull this off.

Stranger shit has happened, but we can't do it without each and every one of you!

This is a call to arms.

Thanks to the brothers and sisters - TB

I am like sunshine to. I really don't play video games, but I believe in what you guys are doing and I think it is a worthy cause. You guys have excellent ideas in everything you do.

Trying to get Dan Borth to post a little vid on Youtube - the vid is one he sent to us that shows Dan panning around the Convict 3D sculpt in ZBrush.

It's a simple little vid but it's so cool! Hope to show it soon!

- tb

Quick question for you are you allowed to donate more then one time? Just asking.

Yes - Under normal circumstances if you'd made your donation through the page you have the option to 'manage' your pledge.

We've already had a lot of folks who had pledged prior to Friday's update, pledge more on top of their initial donation based on what they saw in the video.

For many it answered some nagging questions and compelled them to increase their pledge. I'm thinking to go on there right now and pledge 4 additional bucks to my pledge so I can round up those accursed numbers! ;)

We flatlined today at $18,556.00, likely after RAW brother in arms, Fred Doss made his pledge. I keep checking it hoping to break $19,000.00 before we make our big announcement tomorrow.

I'm thinking of letting the cat out of the bag here early cause you all deserve a sneak peek. So stay tuned. I may be PRE-announcing our announcement right HERE before I hit the hay.

Thanks for the question, Joyce.

- TB

It's a ghost town tonight. Guess that's what late Sunday is.

For reason's too long to go into, I likely won't pre-announce our announcement ;(

Waiting for vital intel and I don't think I'll get it tonight.

Not sure when we're making the update on Monday but if I can, I'll break the news here first.

See you on the other side ;)

- TB

Current Pledge Amount Total: $19, 071

Still BIG announcement day, right?

I HOPE so. Still working out some details, dotting I's, crossing T's, etc . . .

You just can't rush out and blab the cool shit until your ass is legally covered ;)

We're working on it as we speak. So as Stephen Maturin would say "With the blessing", we'll be announcing today.

I'll keep ya's posted!

- TB

Yes - Under normal circumstances if you'd made your donation through the page you have the option to 'manage' your pledge.

We've already had a lot of folks who had pledged prior to Friday's update, pledge more on top of their initial donation based on what they saw in the video.

For many it answered some nagging questions and compelled them to increase their pledge. I'm thinking to go on there right now and pledge 4 additional bucks to my pledge so I can round up those accursed numbers! ;)

We flatlined today at $18,556.00, likely after RAW brother in arms, Fred Doss made his pledge. I keep checking it hoping to break $19,000.00 before we make our big announcement tomorrow.

I'm thinking of letting the cat out of the bag here early cause you all deserve a sneak peek. So stay tuned. I may be PRE-announcing our announcement right HERE before I hit the hay.

Thanks for the question, Joyce.

- TB

If I want to send more can I still send it to you. Or not.

Of course you may, Joyce ;)

Any time. Thank you !

- TB

Your very welcome sir.

I was just reading a article on tom and the bad planet video game and the backing he is trying to get. Well I saw some feedback from some people and some of the comments just totally pissed me off. But I guess there are just some stupid people in this world. :angry:

Unfortunatly for Tom, doing anything, especially outside the acting arena, is going to attrack a lot of stupid people trying to put him down. What they don't realize is that Tom is not just another bored actor trying something else just because they can. The man has passion and the work shows (Same for Tim. Don't want to forget Tim!).

Unfortunatly for Tom, doing anything, especially outside the acting arena, is going to attrack a lot of stupid people trying to put him down. What they don't realize is that Tom is not just another bored actor trying something else just because they can. The man has passion and the work shows (Same for Tim. Don't want to forget Tim!).

Your right they don't realize that him and tim both have a passion for what they do. They are both very smart and they know what there doing. It just makes me mad that they think they have the right to judge someone when they don't even know him. People just can't think outside the box so to speak.

Well, let's face it . . . There are opinionated morons everywhere. And opinionated morons love to be heard

It's OK to have an opinion, but generally you want to have your facts straight first. Morons don't care about facts.

Morons love the sound of their own voice, and the sound their fingers make on the keboard while they're spitting their vitriol.

Actually, generalizing these philistines as morons is pretty much just an insult to morons world-wide.

Other more descriptive expletives come to mind, but I wouldn't want to expend the energy here on their behalf.

It's easy to hate on something from the comfort of your basement while mom is preparing a nutritious dinner.

It's ever so much more easy than actually putting your energy into the creation of something worthwhile.

- tb

OK, with that diatribe on the word's moronic contingent out of the way, who's up for a look at something that took effort and heart to create?

That's what I thought!

Check out this amazing illustration from BPV2 by Greg Staples - Colors by the sickly talented Grant Goleash (neither of whom are morons).

BP2Issue2pg22REDUXcolorsml.jpg

The cure for what ails ya ;)

- TB

OK, with that diatribe on the word's moronic contingent out of the way, who's up for a look at something that took effort and heart to create?

That's what I thought!

Check out this amazing illustration from BPV2 by Greg Staples - Colors by the sickly talented Grant Goleash (neither of whom are morons).

BP2Issue2pg22REDUXcolorsml.jpg

The cure for what ails ya ;)

- TB

I love it. That is really really cool and that did cure me.

Well, let's face it . . . There are opinionated morons everywhere. And opinionated morons love to be heard

It's OK to have an opinion, but generally you want to have your facts straight first. Morons don't care about facts.

Morons love the sound of their own voice, and the sound their fingers make on the keboard while they're spitting their vitriol.

Actually, generalizing these philistines as morons is pretty much just an insult to morons world-wide.

Other more descriptive expletives come to mind, but I wouldn't want to expend the energy here on their behalf.

It's easy to hate on something from the comfort of your basement while mom is preparing a nutritious dinner.

It's ever so much more easy than actually putting your energy into the creation of something worthwhile.

- tb

I almost put a really and I mean really nasty comment on there but I was a good girl and I kept my mouth shut plus I didn't want to drop to there level.

Oh, also - We've run across a lot of lazy journalism lately with folks covering the BP VG on Kickstarter.

We're not hard to find, and I'm thinking fact-checking is something that is normally smiled upon when reporting on something.

One major site had our last issue of BP coming out in 2008! Hey folks, we're slow, but we ain't THAT kind of molasses!

Another site reports (and I quote) "Jane and Bradstreet have (unfortunately) teamed with Red Fly Studios to make the Bad Planet game, the studio that's probably best known for last year's Thor: God of Thunder. But everyone deserves a second chance, right?"

Egads! The tenor is arrogant AND it's just sloppy journalism. Had this fella done even the slightest bit of homework he'd have discovered that Red Fly Studio didn't make the terrible Thor game for the 360 and PS3 (which he's referring to). They ARE responsible for the Wii and 3DS versions, BOTH of which scored monumentally higher than their next gen counterparts.

The bitter pill to this is that people are gonna take this cat at his word and dismiss our game based on erroneous blather.

So please, don't believe everything you read. It's a darn shame that when you're shouting from the internet pulpit you can't be bothered with little things like accuracy and accountability.

That's it for the bitch session. Now onto more positive posting ;)

- TB

- tb

My sentiments, exactly.

And today's (not-so) secret word is….”Morons!” Ahhhhh!!! ;)

I don’t like when people post their opinions disrespectfully. Most of the negative comments online would never be said in person by the ones who post them in the first place. There just isn’t enough time in the day to correct every ignorant statement posted by anonymous naysayers. We know better.

I almost put a really and I mean really nasty comment on there but I was a good girl and I kept my mouth shut plus I didn't want to drop to there level.

Good for you, Joyce! :) Though, you could just post your own opinion on there in a mature way without getting into a debate with anyone. That way, your voice gets heard.

Oh, also - We've run across a lot of lazy journalism lately with folks covering the BP VG on Kickstarter.

We're not hard to find, and I'm thinking fact-checking is something that is normally smiled upon when reporting on something.

One major site had our last issue of BP coming out in 2008! Hey folks, we're slow, but we ain't THAT kind of molasses!

Another site reports (and I quote) "Jane and Bradstreet have (unfortunately) teamed with Red Fly Studios to make the Bad Planet game, the studio that's probably best known for last year's Thor: God of Thunder. But everyone deserves a second chance, right?"

Egads! The tenor is arrogant AND it's just sloppy journalism. Had this fella done even the slightest bit of homework he'd have discovered that Red Fly Studio didn't make the terrible Thor game for the 360 and PS3 (which he's referring to). They ARE responsible for the Wii and 3DS versions, BOTH of which scored monumentally higher than their next gen counterparts.

The bitter pill to this is that people are gonna take this cat at his word and dismiss our game based on erroneous blather.

So please, don't believe everything you read. It's a darn shame that when you're shouting from the internet pulpit you can't be bothered with little things like accuracy and accountability.

That's it for the bitch session. Now onto more positive posting ;)

- TB

Ugh! So, the journalist criticizes a game based on false info? How unprofessional. He should’ve done his homework.