27 days to go. It’s pretty early in the game. You still have a shot. :D

Maybe you & Tom should add the Kickstarter page’s link to your Twitter bios. That way, when you’re not tweeting it, it’s still at the top of your page & easy to locate.

Starting the campaign during SDCC was perfect timing. It’s great you guys managed to get press for it.

I would've called this video Interview with Thomas Jane & Tim Bradstreet!!! (SDCC 2012).

RAW Street Studios -- I like it! ;)

I’ll try sending a message to MACHINIMA to politely ask if they could post the link to the Kickstarter page on that video.

Crowd-funding a movie? I’ll start saving up some money for it just in case.

Tom jumping “Pick me! Pick me!” :lol:

When Tom starts talking about his not wearing shoes, I think of the JJ Casuals “Shoes That Look Like Feet” video on SNL.

Yeah I know awhile back the media was ragging on him about not wearing shoes. To me it is to each his own. If he don't like wearing shoes so be it. It is none of anybodies business but his. And I started laughing when he was jumping up and down saying pick me pick me. He is funny.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm slammed. Doing 100 things at once can be murder on one's organizational skills ;)

Replied to PM so we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

- TB

I just wanted to let you know I completely understand. :rolleyes:

I was on your facebook page tom and I noticed that you said there is a update on the video game. But I can't get on to kickstarter and I was just wondering what the update is. I know I am being a pain in the ass sorry.

The update will be a video that describes the gameplay, and also shows some untextured, rough animated renders. You'll get an idea of the game mechanics.

We'll also be announcing the addition of some talent to the project, namely, one of the most well-known, sought-after concept guys in the biz - Won't spoil who that is here . . . yet.

Very exciting, and we got lots more in store!

We're falling behind and it's going to be tough but we still have some aces up our sleeve.

- TB

Tim is there a backup plan if the kickstarter don't hit the number?..excited about the potential of this game,A good episodic shooter is sorely needed on XBLA so many of the titles on there now are lackluster too say the least..You must be on XBL gotta gamertag you want too share?

Tim is there a backup plan if the kickstarter don't hit the number?..excited about the potential of this game,A good episodic shooter is sorely needed on XBLA so many of the titles on there now are lackluster too say the least..You must be on XBL gotta gamertag you want too share?

Definitely have a back-up plan. If we fall short we'll regroup and relaunch, likely give Kickstarter one more chance with a lower ask and with a lot learned, all of which we'll apply to relaunch.

If KS fails us then there is another crowd funding option. We have other options too, but the bottom line is, we're committed to making this game wether we're crowd-funded or not.

OBVIOUSLY we want to make this happen through crowd funding so WE can call ALL the shots and make the game we want to.

Not sure about gamer tag as I've been out of that world during the gaming revolution that exists online, etc . . . I'm more old school and finger not on pulse - though I'm attempting to catch up as fast as I can ;)

Will see if I can get Dan Borth from Red Fly to head over hear and answer all sorts of questions.

Also - Thanks for sharing that link dkwookie - I've been posting it here and there but forgot to drop it on our own thread!

- tb

The update will be a video that describes the gameplay, and also shows some untextured, rough animated renders. You'll get an idea of the game mechanics.

We'll also be announcing the addition of some talent to the project, namely, one of the most well-known, sought-after concept guys in the biz - Won't spoil who that is here . . . yet.

Very exciting, and we got lots more in store!

We're falling behind and it's going to be tough but we still have some aces up our sleeve.

- TB

Thank you for answering me. I really appreciate it. :rolleyes:

Great news concerning game so stand by for the update that will be happening Friday.

Also, Tom will be on G4's show, X-Play talking up the game and our project here.

Will drop all the info on where and when as soon as I have concrete lock on times.

Also, got a serious ace card we wanna drop on everyone but we're keeping all close to the vest, just want you all to know so you stick around and pay attention. Gonna be BIG.

X - tB

Update will be on Friday -- got it! Thanks for that update about the...umm...well update. ;)

Oh, you always have our attention, Tim. *sitting on the edge of my seat*

Great news concerning game so stand by for the update that will be happening Friday.

Also, Tom will be on G4's show, X-Play talking up the game and our project here.

Will drop all the info on where and when as soon as I have concrete lock on times.

Also, got a serious ace card we wanna drop on everyone but we're keeping all close to the vest, just want you all to know so you stick around and pay attention. Gonna be BIG.

X - tB

Can't wait to find out. :rolleyes:

If you fall short (which I hope not), and you give Kickstarter another go, who decides the length of the the plege? I ask, because the last project I backed had 48 days to reach their goal of $16,000.

I see the last few days it's been moving a bit faster. Fingers crossed the momentum keeps up.

There are pros and cons to going with 44 or 60 days. Red Fly did the research and found that most of the projects like ours were funded in the 30-day corridor.

We asked the same question, but the thing is, if it doesn't catch fire with momentum building day by day, it's not likely you'll reach your ask.

Now we do still have those aces. Took some time to sort all that out. The mistake we made was attempting to launch during Comicon.

Sounded good on paper, sounded GREAT in fact. But when Dirty Laundry took off like a bat outta hell it also kind of stole a little thunder from our announcement.

But don't mistake, it's not the fault of Dirty Laundry! The slow run is the result of a lot of things we could have done better.

Sure, we did the PR, we hit the websites, did interviews, but we also took over two weeks to make a big update - the fruit of which you'll see TOMORROW at 6AM CST.

The gamers want to know what kind of game it is that they're being asked to back. We gave them a glimpse but not enough. A lot are on the fence.

We'll give everyone a better idea Friday morning.

We also thought we had the prize thing figured out but in truth there are some issues there. If our update gives us a backer spike then we'll be adding new donation tiers and new prizes that kick ass.

Like granting backers access to a special forum where their ideas will be heard, they'll interact with me, Tom, and Red Fly. They'll be a part of it.

Then there is original art. Original pages from Bad Planet by me and Jim Daly, signed by the artists and by Tom.

Not sure what the prize amounts will be on that stuff - Still working it out.

So if we do see that spike this weekend we have another update planned for MONDAY that will be HUGE!!!! I mean effing HUGE.

Then another update and TJ on XPlay next Friday.

So there is still a chance, but a fire must be lit. It ain't over yet.

And if we fall short then we go to plan B and relaunch having learned a shitload.

So stay tuned - More to come!

And PLZ spread the word!

- TB

Xplay should definately help get the word out,Being an avid gamer my dvr is set too always record that show and I never miss it..Yeah Tim gamers are very specific they want too know past 3rd or 1st person,they want weapons customization,they want too know that the A.I. enemies make for a good fight and are'nt lazy in the decision making dept..Personally I've alway's took quality over quantity when it comes too my games..Keep it fresh and don't let it get repetitive I'm sure you guy's know whats up after all thats RAWS baby and you guy's know how too best raise it..I wanna hack some F'n alien spiders!

Hey if some of you haven't given yet give what you can. Every little bit helps. I figure we can try to help these guys out. Since they bust there butts to keep us happy. So lets try to help them out and make them happy. :rolleyes:

The update went live this morning. There's new video from lead designer, Chris Frechette, as he explains the game play.

Also the big announcement that CARLOS HUANTE (Prometheus), has DEMANDED to join our design team!

Carlos is one of THE most sought-after concept designers in the biz and we're tickled to have him onboard.

Also links to interviews from SDCC with TJ and I talking about the game, plus more!

Check out more of Carlos' work here - http://www.carloshuanteart.com/

Check it all here - http://www.kickstart...ad-planet/posts

- TB

The update went live this morning. There's new video from lead designer, Chris Frechette, as he explains the game play.

Also the big announcement that CARLOS HUANTE (Prometheus), has DEMANDED to join our design team!

Carlos is one of THE most sought-after concept designers in the biz and we're tickled to have him onboard.

Also links to interviews from SDCC with TJ and I talking about the game, plus more!

Check out more of Carlos' work here - http://www.carloshuanteart.com/

Check it all here - http://www.kickstart...ad-planet/posts

- TB

Carlos work is really and I mean really good. I like it alot. But as for checking out the annoncement on kickstarter I can't do it. Cuz of my computer but thats okay. I will wait to hear people start talking about it. :)

Well hopefully you can see THIS -

Here is the video portion of the update, swiped from the KS page ;)

THANKS TO OUR SUPPORTERS!

Our First update is long overdue. We've been trying to line up an amazing amount of talent and information for this update - so thanks for your patience.

We have a great update for you as our Lead Designer Chris Frechette explains the game in detail,Thomas Jane and Tim Bradstreet work the Press at Comic Con, and master creature designer Carlos Huante DEMANDS to join our team!

Chris does a great job explaining the unique game play systems of Bad Planet in the updated video. CHECK IT OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSlOjBxPs6Q&feature=player_embedded

Joyce - Wanted you to know I made your donation along with one of my own about 5 minutes ago.

Congratulations! You are now a Bad Planet VG backer!

VERY much appreciated.

I'll have a cool prize for you if we hit our mark.

If we don't hit the mark the first time, we will the second time.

IF we can't raise the dough through crowd-funding then I'll return the donation.

THANKS - TB

Truthfully I am not a video game player... But I will do this for RAW... I'm a backer upper as we speak (lol)...

Good Luck guys -- I hope you achieve your goal! :)

Cheers!

Paola

Joyce - Wanted you to know I made your donation along with one of my own about 5 minutes ago.

Congratulations! You are now a Bad Planet VG backer!

VERY much appreciated.

I'll have a cool prize for you if we hit our mark.

If we don't hit the mark the first time, we will the second time.

IF we can't raise the dough through crowd-funding then I'll return the donation.

THANKS - TB

I am praying to god you make your money. But if some reason you don't keep my donation and put it toward your favorite charity or tom's favorite charity okay. And thank you for letting me know you got it.

Well hopefully you can see THIS -

Here is the video portion of the update, swiped from the KS page ;)

THANKS TO OUR SUPPORTERS!

Our First update is long overdue. We've been trying to line up an amazing amount of talent and information for this update - so thanks for your patience.

We have a great update for you as our Lead Designer Chris Frechette explains the game in detail,Thomas Jane and Tim Bradstreet work the Press at Comic Con, and master creature designer Carlos Huante DEMANDS to join our team!

Chris does a great job explaining the unique game play systems of Bad Planet in the updated video. CHECK IT OUT!

Tim you didn't really have to do this but thank you. And the game looks like it is going to be totally awsome. Thanks again.

You jumped from almost $12,000 to nearly $18,000 -- Well done! Perhaps the awesome update gave the boost. Just gotta keep the numbers growing.

There's a Kickstarter project that I thought wasn’t going to get funded. It wasn’t even halfway funded. Then, it got down to 4 days left, and more money started coming in. At the end of the campaign, the group raised a little over $1,000 more than they needed. ANYTHING can happen. ;)

You jumped from almost $12,000 to nearly $18,000 -- Well done! Perhaps the awesome update gave the boost. Just gotta keep the numbers growing.

There's a Kickstarter project that I thought wasn’t going to get funded. It wasn’t even halfway funded. Then, it got down to 4 days left, and more money started coming in. At the end of the campaign, the group raised a little over $1,000 more than they needed. ANYTHING can happen. ;)

Thats right anything can happen gotta keep the faith. :)