Sign in to follow this  
Arsh

The Dark Knight

I guess it might work if done right. The make-up aspect of it is the key element next to the actor's presence - in this case his height. DeVito's Penguin was perfect because, Burton wanted a circus freak with a mastermind as his villain. A creepy fucker that lives in the sewer, scheming on how to destroy the society that threw him away. PERFECT follow up to Jack Nicholson's gangster turned lunatic. If Nolan devises a plan for the Penguin's persona as he did for Ledger's Joker - then it could be yet another success.

WHO is Anthony Michael Hall in the Dark Knight???

-TL

Yes. I believe it could work. We can only hope and pray.

Yes I'm pretty sure he plays a reporter.

JO

Nolan has stated that he won't use Penguin or Robin in any of his movies. Penguin's too outlandish and Robin's in a crib somewhere.

Guest FADoss

I think that IF they get around to introducing a new villain it should be The Riddler. Though with the pressure off to introduce more villains (look at the disaster of the last Batman series) I really think we could stick with the Joker, Two Face, Scarecrow and Ras Al Ghul. So many storylines right there.

Its true to say that THERE IS enough material from just those 4 characters to conceive at least 2 more Nolan Batman films, BUT - the golden rule of the comic book movie genre is to keep bringing out the new faces. Nolan coulda just done a Joker/Scarecrow film, but HAD to bring in Two Face - who's appearance in the film was cheered by those at this year's Comic con. The Riddler should pop up at some point, but I ain't nutting myself to see him.

The multiple villain front, I don't believe led to the downfall of the last franchise. Tim Burton's films were very successful, grossing more than twice of what they cost to be made and breaking the $150 million mark. It was Burton's departure (and Keaton's) that led to the fall of Batman in the mid 90s. Batman Forever and Batman & Robin don't even apply to the stories told by Burton. They tried to make it so, but no-one bought it. Warner shut down Tim Burton's idea to go REALLY dark in a third installment and brought in Schumaker to make fuckin kids films. I was a kid when Batman Forever came out and I fuckin hated it. I didn't fall for that bullshit. Burton coulda put 3 villains in his Batman 3 - and it woulda been great. The guy's a visionary genius.

I feel we deserved 4 Burton Batman movies and not 2.

-TL

I've been watchin a fuckload of Heath Ledger films these last couple of days, and NONE are pre-cursors to what he has become in The Dark Knight. I find that compelling and have gained massive respect for the young actor (he's not even 30). I recommend Ned Kelly, 10 Things I Hate About You, Monster's Ball, Casanova, and The Four Feathers. The Order was ok but not to my full delight. Next on my to watch list are Candy, and that new movie about Bob Dylan.

This is going to be his most iconic role.

heathledgerisjoker17zr3.jpg

-TL

I've been watchin a fuckload of Heath Ledger films these last couple of days. Some good, some shit. And NONE are pre-cursors to what he has become in Dark Knight. I find that compelling and have gained massive respect for the young actor (he's not even 30). I recommend Ned Kelly, 10 Things I Hate About You, Monster's Ball, Casanova, and The Four Feathers. The Order was ok but not to my full delight. Hated A Knight's Tale and his role in The Patriot. Next on my to watch list are Candy, and that new movie about Bob Dylan.

This is going to be his most iconic role.

heathledgerisjoker17zr3.jpg

-TL

I hated Monster's Ball. The best part of the film was Heath. His final scene was so fuckin' chilling when I saw it. He really nailed it but he's only in the film like 15 minutes.

Casanova was good. I love The Order. It's a guilty pleasure of mine & I like the lovely Shannyn Sossamon.

The Four Feathers was pretty good as was the original. Ned Kelly was fairly good but got shit reviews. Too bad.

Candy is the film to watch. That film is so damn good and Heath & Abbie's performances are so fuckin' crazed, chilling, haunting & raw. You'll be amazed man. Watch Lords Of Dogtown. He really embodies his character in that film. Different speech patterns, hair, stance and he's unrecognizable.

JO

Guest AdminGuyX

Well, I think it's clear that any villian Nolan brings into the fray will be a more twisted and darker version than we've seen before. And I say, have at it. I'd love to see a disturbingly sexual catwoman, or a truly demented and psychotic riddler.

The Penguin character would obviously not be a genetic freak as much as someone who has altered themselves in some way, much like Joker. Imagine a batman story that takes place in a slushy winter time Gotham. Blood in the snow, a serial killer who attacks kids (as they attacked him when he was young) and leaves toy penguins behind.

I can see it working.

I'll head to Blockbuster in search of Lords of Dogtown.

And you sure Heath was the ONLY good thing about Monster's Ball? Don't make me post a pic Mr. Bradstreet will have to remove out of respect for our female crowd...

HA!

-TL

I'll head to Blockbuster in search of Lords of Dogtown.

And you sure Heath was the ONLY good thing about Monster's Ball? Don't make me post a pic Mr. Bradstreet will have to remove out of respect for our female crowd...

HA!

-TL

Haha, I'm sayin' acting wise. I'm not a big Halle Berry fan and I really don't like Billy Bob but Heath was the force that made the film work. And have Diddy in there was just BS. This is just my opinion though. I just think that Heath's little segment was the thing that made the film the most disturbing, ya know?

JO

Well, I think it's clear that any villian Nolan brings into the fray will be a more twisted and darker version than we've seen before. And I say, have at it. I'd love to see a disturbingly sexual catwoman, or a truly demented and psychotic riddler.

The Penguin character would obviously not be a genetic freak as much as someone who has altered themselves in some way, much like Joker. Imagine a batman story that takes place in a slushy winter time Gotham. Blood in the snow, a serial killer who attacks kids (as they attacked him when he was young) and leaves toy penguins behind.

I can see it working.

That's exactly right. The Penguin would be fuckin' scary and a damn lunatic.

The problem with getting Catwoman would be to get someone who was just as beautiful and who nailed it like Michelle did. She has some pretty big shoes to fill.

I wonder if Joker & Two Face will go at it in the film. I mean Joker obviously doesn't like Dent.

That would be something to see.

joker1.jpg

JO

Yes, I would love to see that Penguin scenario. That would be so dark, moody, chilling and haunting that it would be something else entirely. The Penguin would be a damn maniac and I can only imagine what the rest of his people would look like. That would be amazing.

JO

My pick for Catwoman...

Evan Rachel Wood

evanrachelwoodce4.jpg

She blew me away in Across the Universe, Down in the Valley, Running with Scissors and King of California.

-TL

My pick for Catwoman...

Evan Rachel Wood

evanrachelwoodce4.jpg

She blew me away in Across the Universe, Down in the Valley, Running with Scissors and King of California.

-TL

Yes! I love that girl. She's brilliant and she has the attitude. She'd be good. Another possbile would be Isla Fischer. She would be pretty good. Or no no no TL you'll recognize this beautiful woman. My Ultimate choice would be Carla Gugino.

10205_Carla699_d2b_gugino2_122_546l.jpg

JO

Guest AdminGuyX

Well, I've had a mad crush on Carla Gugino since forever, so I'm very biased about that suggestion. I do think she'd do well in the role.

Evan Rachel Wood would bring a whole other set of skills to the table, but she could do it too.

I'd also be interested if Kiera Knightly was cast:

KN.jpg

Or even my personal choice. A total wildcard (not unlike Ledger) in the role. Evangeline Lily.

lily.jpg

Well, I've had a mad crush on Carla Gugino since forever, so I'm very biased about that suggestion. I do think she'd do well in the role.

Evan Rachel Wood would bring a whole other set of skills to the table, but she could do it too.

I'd also be interested if Kiera Knightly was cast:

KN.jpg

Or even my personal choice. A total wildcard (not unlike Ledger) in the role. Evangeline Lily.

lily.jpg

Oh Shit. I forgot about Keira. How the hell could I possibly do that?

And Evangeline Lily would be good also. But Keira would have the same charisma and sexuality as that of Michelle Pfeiffer. So I think she'd do really well.

JO

Guest FADoss

What about?

Charlize Theron

Kate Beckinsale

Milla Jovovich

And when i think sensuality...

Angelina Jolie

What about?

Charlize Theron

Kate Beckinsale

Milla Jovovich

And when i think sensuality...

Angelina Jolie

No No No If they put Angelina in this fuckin' movie I wouldn't see it. She's way overated in my book & I don't see the film goin' smooth with her being on board. Not the right caliber. She keeps getting movies because of the way she looks and not the way she acts. We need someone that's got beauty, brains and charisma. Someone who is still a bit unknown amongst the people. Kate Beckinsale would be really good, her and Christian Bale have good chemistry just look at Laurel Canyon. Charlize Theron would be another good pick but I can't see her being involved in this film.

JO

James that is the HOTTEST photo of Carla I have seen. I'm jealous of your myspace bro. Alotta people aren't familiar with her, but they should be. She's fuckin terrific in everything she does - even the Pauly Shore movie. I agree with you on her being an ULTIMATE choice for Catwoman.

Milla is total HOTNESS, but I don't see her lickin herself. Charlize is too tall for Christian Bale (his height) so that could be a prob. And Mrs. Pitt needs to get into food. You know the stuff that keeps us alive? Kate Beckinsale on the other hand, has those sensual feline eyes...

Noeland, Keira would be pretty interesting. I recently saw Atonement, her "follow up" to Pride & Prejudice and its Oscar worthy. She's really going places with roles like these. The girl is hot but I don't feel is curvy enough to don the black leather dominatrix outfit that Pffeifer is remembered for. Keira's got that model body I could carry with one arm, which is sexy - yet not athletic enough for Catwoman in my opinion. Evangeline is another good choice.

evanrachelwood2nz3.jpg

Evan just seems like the right choice for alotta reasons. That pic above is just one of them.

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Charlize Theron is a great choice, I'm kind of sad I didn't suggest that. :(

Yep, Kate Beckinsale could do it, but I'm not sure she'd look too different than she does in Underworld. Hmmm. Not that that's a bad thing . . .

Milla, definately could see it.

I think Jolie could do it, but I don't think she would become the character. I think she's too high profile and you'd never see catwoman, you'd only see "Angelina Jolie playing catwoman".

In the mean time I would like to add the Maggie Gylenhall as Rachel Dawes is - IMHO - a good choice. I'm so happy the recast the role!!!

Njc-----------

Maggie's a wild woman. My kinda woman. Just watch her in Secretary and Sherrybaby. She makes Katie Holmes look like a 10 year old boy.

heathledgerisjoker2nv5.jpgheathledgerisjoker5ta9.jpg

And Noeland you gotta admit Angie looked WAY better 5 years ago and 30 pounds ago...

angelinalx7.jpg

-TL

James that is the HOTTEST photo of Carla I have seen. I'm jealous of your myspace bro. Alotta people aren't familiar with her, but they should be. She's fuckin terrific in everything she does - even the Pauly Shore movie. I agree with you on her being an ULTIMATE choice for Catwoman.

-TL

Haha I knew you'd like that choice. She is the ULTIMATE.

JO