Sign in to follow this  
Arsh

The Dark Knight

Guest FADoss

AWESOME FIND! Heath was taking a lot of flack for this role. Morons who can't get over the fact that Nicholson is too old to play the role. You can't even TELL that it's Heath Ledger in there.

These Batman films are going to be truly phenomenal as long as they continue with the current trend of same great Director and Batman. I think the change from Kate to Maggie is going to be positive as well.

I AM STOKED FOR MORE BATMAN!!!

Guest AdminGuyX

I think their both channelling Cesar Romero in a very dark way. Romero defined that laugh, Nicholson refined it, and now Ledger is making it truly maniacal, like an evil kid set loose on the world.

I think this is going to be a damn fine film, and I'm so glad it's called simple: THE DARK KNIGHT.

Awesome. Cool. all those kinds of words.

Also reading up on how Heath got into character for the film is fuckin' crazy. He made a Joker notebook/diary of things that he found funny and would make little messages, cut outs, drawings, etc. How he would get so absorbed that he would forget to eat, makin' him very lanky. How he changed speech patterns, mannerisms, everything. He also studied The Killing Joke inside and out. He has become the embodiment of the Joker. It's goin' to be one hellova a ride.

JO

Guest FADoss

Killing Joke is one of THE DEFININITIVE Joker books out there. I'm so happy he picked that one.

THIS LOOKS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!! XD yay the joker! *w00t* theses batman movies are great!!!!

GREAT!

A few more shots. Also the slits leading from the mouth reminds me of Kakihara in the film Ichi The Killer by Takashi Miike which if you haven't seen it is a very intense, bloody, sick, horrific movie. Worth a look.

tdk1.jpg

normal_Joker_05.jpg

Joker_06.jpg

new20joker20image.jpg

JO

Wow, thanks for the pics, EVERYTHING looks awsome for this flick man!

Joker is way better than I had imagined him looking. Somebody else had posted that they could never have thought of Heath Ledger as the JOKER, I agree. But now after seeing him I am floored...man he has this bad boy nailed in appearance and it looks like he got the attitude as well. Can't wait to catch this flick.

I think this film proves that DC can fuck up MARVEL when necessary.

Next year Marvel will lose the battle against DC:

-Iron Man (May 2)

-The Incredible Hulk (June 13)

I am POSITIVE that both of the films combined WILL NOT take The Dark Knight at the box office. The same thing happened back in '05, when Batman Begins made more money than Fantastic 4 and Elektra combined. Nolan's Batman is just TOO fucking impressive, too bad too see Superman crash and burn due to Bryan Singer's obsession with Reeve.

But once again, the man below will UPSTAGE The Dark Knight...

"People WILL die! Starting tonight. I'm a man of my word..."

heathledgerisjoker3xg6.jpg

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, that's a safe bet. Batman will be king of the mountain, though I think Iron Man will be a big hit too. I have a strong feeling about that one.

The publisher rivalry, well, it's had it's ups and down.

:)

Yeah, I think Iron Man will do very well, but I have to agree with TL on the fact that it won't do as well as the Dark knight.

Iron Man was the darling of the San Diego comic con and that is usually a promising sign for a comic/movie production. Plus I think they nailed Toney Stark by sticking with his asshole early self and not trying to "nice" him up any.

We'll see, I can't wait, I'll be in the seat watching them both.

Yeah, I think Iron Man will do very well, but I have to agree with TL on the fact that it won't do as well as the Dark knight.

Iron Man was the darling of the San Diego comic con and that is usually a promising sign for a comic/movie production. Plus I think they nailed Toney Stark by sticking with his asshole early self and not trying to "nice" him up any.

We'll see, I can't wait, I'll be in the seat watching them both.

Yeah, I still think Robert Downey Jr. was perfect. I love that guy.

JO

According to the footage shown at this year's comic con, Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) WILL become Two face in The Dark Knight.

Who do you guys think oughtta be the PRIMARY villain in Batman III aka The Dark Knight Returns (that title would rock!)???

I'm hoping Dent will be unleashed in the next one, so Heath can get wild with enough screen time in this one.

As to any "new" additions - I got nothin.

-TL

According to the footage shown at this year's comic con, Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) WILL become Two face in Dark Knight.

Who do you guys think oughtta be the PRIMARY villain in Batman III aka The Dark Knight Returns (that title would rock!)???

I'm hoping Dent will be unleashed in the next one, so Heath can get wild with enough screen time in this one.

As to any "new" additions - I got nothin.

-TL

Well I've heard that Heath is goin' to be in the next film as well. Dent and Joker would be pretty kick ass. As far as new villians I want one that is not the typical villian. I was always fascinated with 3 main villains. Joker, Two Face & Penguin. I'd love to see Catwoman also but I don't consider her much of a villian and to me hands down Michelle Pfeiffer nailed it so I'm not ready for people to fuck with that seeing as the Halle Berry film fucked it up majorly in the so called Catwoman movie. So I'm thinkin' the penguin should be next. I'd be interested to see how the penguin & Two Face would look under the care of Nolan seein' as The Dark Knight & The Joker are phenomnal.

JO

I've already watched the trailer 5000 times in between trips to the gym and the supermarket!

I feel 2 villains can be fun but there's always a main villain - in Batman Returns, Penguin is clearly the villain as Catwoman was stuck in the middle of good and bad.

Catwoman CAN be re-invented by Nolan (and no-one else). I'm terrified for the Penguin though. How many Danny DeVito's are there? Or better yet, how many actors under 5 feet do we have that are Oscar worthy?

I think The Riddler BLOWS DICK. He's not worthy of Batman's time. I think Bats could fuck him up while playing Tennis. I really like Clayface (which Ron Perlman voiced in the cartoon 10 years ago) but I don't think Nolan should go sci-fi at all. That's what Marvel is for. Batman should stay grounded in my opinion.

That's what we'll be doing at the end of The Dark Knight...

heathledgerisjoker14og8.jpg

-TL

I'm game for Heath being in III. I've already watched the trailer 5000 times in between trips to the gym and the supermarket. I just feel, 2 villains can be fun but there's always a main villain - in Batman Returns, Penguin is clearly the villain as Catwoman was stuck in the middle of good and bad.

Catwoman CAN be re-invented by Nolan (and no-one else). I'm terrified for the Penguin though. How many Danny DeVito's are there? Or better yet, how many actors under 5 feet do we have that are Oscar worthy?

I think the Riddler BLOWS DICK. He's not worthy of Batman's time. I think Bats could fuck him up while playing Tennis. I really like Clayface (which Ron Perlman voiced in the cartoon 10 years ago) but I don't think Nolan should go sci-fi at all. That's what Marvel is for. Batman should stay grounded in my opinion.

That's what we'll be doing at the end of Dark Knight...

heathledgerisjoker14og8.jpg

-TL

TL, 3 words. Phillip Seymour Hoffman. He is the only one I can think of to do it. He'd be great. Don't you agree?

Clayface = badass

He kicked ass man but I agree. No sci fi.

JO

Hoffman would be an interesting choice, but here's the prob Jim: 5'9".

I tell ya, this character is fucking hard to cast. They might stay away from him just cause of that.

Here's another thing: NO ROBIN!!! They need to keep Robin the fuck out of this franchise. No Nightwing garbage, No Batgirl dumbassness. JUST the Batman. Tim Burton will always be on my good graces for shutting down Robin twice.

-TL

Hoffman would be an interesting choice, but here's the prob Jim: 5'9".

I tell ya, this character is fucking hard to cast. They might stay away from him just cause of that.

Here's another thing: NO ROBIN!!! They need to keep Robin the fuck out of this franchise. No Nightwing garbage, No Batgirl dumbassness. JUST the Batman. Tim Burton will always be on my good graces for shutting down Robin twice.

-TL

Well Nolan was into talks with Hoffman. They were going to make him smaller by certain camera angles and doubles. He would still be the best.

No Robin, nightwing, batgirl no no no

JO

I guess it might work if done right. The make-up aspect of it is the key element next to the actor's presence - in this case his height. DeVito's Penguin was perfect because, Burton wanted a circus freak with a mastermind as his villain. A creepy fucker that lives in the sewer, scheming on how to destroy the society that threw him away. PERFECT follow up to Jack Nicholson's gangster turned lunatic. If Nolan devises a plan for the Penguin's persona as he did for Ledger's Joker - then it could be yet another success.

WHO is Anthony Michael Hall in The Dark Knight???

-TL