-=Sci=-

The official G.I. JOE movie thread!

I was actually planning on seeing it this weekend, shit came up and today I was feeling really shitty. Most things I've read seem to make it out to be this big retarded live action cartoon, and considering how ridiculous the source material tended to be, I can actually get behind that.

That said, Sommers will probably never top Deep Rising.

Now that's just downright silly ;)

Vinnie Jones on the clarinet solo. Rock on.

- tb

I didn't even recognize him until I saw the cast list. I would have TOTALLY paid big bucks to see Rollins as Duke.

Saw the movie this weekend.

As Check your mind @ the door entertainment, it did pretty good.

I did however find the first half WAY better than the second half. Just way too much god awful CG in the 2nd half.

For those that saw the movie, did anyone else catch the connectable sword and suddenly think "That was Ray Park's thing in Star Wars Epsiode I."

As a faithful GI Joe enthusiast movie, -2.0 of 10 stars. As a pure entertainment action movie, 6.0 outta 10.0 stars.

Too much cardboard character usage and way too much bad CG.

One of the biggest things that bothered me about the whole movie was the transforming deflector from the front of the SUV in the France chase sequence. I mean. I coulda sworn I even heard the Transformers sound effects for the deployment of a HUGE unfolding toothed Bulldozer-like blade.

Yeah I know, out of all the nitpicking I could do, that was the one that stuck out most. Second was Snake Eye's lips. I mean WTF???

I was dragged there against my will and actually had a good time. Didn't read the comics or watch the toon so I went in blind and didn't shoot myself before it was over. Oh, yeah.....I LOVE Scarlet! lol

Fred, I love ya but I can't go see Joe at the theater.

I can't do it to myself. But I promise to rent it or illegally download it after theatrical run!

Kidding about that last bit ;)

Anyway, You know i love ya, this is more about Sommers than anything else.

'Sides, sounds like box office is treating Joe right so you don't need me anyway.

Glad you got to do your thing and I hope you loved it!

Way to go buddy!

- TB

But what did you think of the Apaches? :)

Laugh. Yes I love the Apaches :) Nice spectacular way to die. Squished like an accordian. Ouchie...

So were the apache close ups done in a mock up or an actual cockpit?

Oh I was kinda surprised at the cameo by Brendan Fraser.

Kinda humorous interview with him about his Character on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPhKdvcEiYg

The filming was done in actual Apaches at Ft. Hood in Kileen TX. Two pilots, Buzz Covington and Ron Thompson were in it along with actor Ken Thomas. Filmed over the period of one day. Sommers was on set and it was a blast of a day. Here are a couple picks.

6011_1183538983290_1072693783_573756_5750121_n.jpg

Left to Right: Ken, Buzz, me and Ron

5976_135209933427_710493427_3317354_7823242_n.jpg

In the cockpit

5976_135209943427_710493427_3317355_5879645_n.jpg

In the gear

Saw GI JOE today. It was okay. That's all I really have to say.... too much futuristic shit in it.

Doss - As I saw you I nudged my friend and was like "that's my buddy Fred!" :D

-Raf

Congrats Fred!

I liked the film a bunch. I went with my best bud and nephew.

It was a heck allot better than I thought. Sure I wish it was more adult oriented. But overall a great fun film!

5976_135209943427_710493427_3317355_5879645_n.jpg

In the gear

I didn't realize that the tracking helmet was so damed big.

Saw GI JOE today. It was okay. That's all I really have to say.... too much futuristic shit in it.

Doss - As I saw you I nudged my friend and was like "that's my buddy Fred!" :D

-Raf

Yeah, but come on "too much futuristic shit in it" do you not remember the cartoon?

I didn't realize that the tracking helmet was so damed big.

No sir, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again sir.

No sir, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again sir.

There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry.

Yeah, but come on "too much futuristic shit in it" do you not remember the cartoon?

Yes I remember the cartoon but the futuristic stuff isn't why I thought the movie was only okay. I HATEDDDD Channing Tatum as Duke. I still see the "ghetto" character in him if that makes sense. It's almost like seeing Eminem as Duke. I hated it. He's a girly man anyways. I would have been MUCH more satisfied with Worthington, Wahlberg, or Jane.

Scarlett is fuckin hott though. I will do anything to that woman. Jesus. Fuck it I want Scarlett and Baroness together..... you know what, I'm gonna stop myself before I get kicked off the boards. Plus, I need a new pair of pants now.

Snake Eyes was the man but I wanted to see more of him.... Storm Shadow shouldn't have gotten "killed" if that's what actually happened. His face shouldn't have been exposed as much either.

-Raffi

Snake Eyes was the man but I wanted to see more of him.... Storm Shadow shouldn't have gotten "killed" if that's what actually happened. His face shouldn't have been exposed as much either.

-Raffi

You know he'll be back as a cyborg ninja assassin.

Raffi, the "Ballad of GI Joe" cast Henry Rollins as Duke. That would have been AWESOME!!!!

Also, Zach Galifianakis as Snow Job, is pretty fuckin perfect too.

-Raffi

If they'd covered SS's face more then the horde of Koreans seeing it solely to see Byung-hun Lee wouldn't go and it wouldn't be doing nearly as well in the Asian Market. It's like when Green Hornet was marketed as "The Kato Show starring Bruce Lee".

Early on most of the intel I had about this film came from my wife telling me about the media blitz in Korea surrounding Byung-Hun Lee's involvement. Same thing with Ninja Assassin. From the day they cast Bi (aka Rain) my wife has been watching interview after interview in which Bi talks about everything from how hard the training was to the time he had an orgasm from eating a grain of salt.

Raffi, the "Ballad of GI Joe" cast Henry Rollins as Duke. That would have been AWESOME!!!!

Lol yeah I saw that, had he been a little younger and taller it would have been Awesome.

You know he'll be back as a cyborg ninja assassin.

Yes of course, but I would have liked the straight up Snake Eyes - Storm Shadow rivalry to go on a bit longer.

Yo Joe.

Well, this movie was clearly for the 12 and under demographic. I had fun watching things blow up and they were smart to never let up on the action. Marlon Wayans was actually fun to watch here and quite good in the movie, where Channing Tatum is still the stiffest, least charismatic human actor in cinema. I wished there was more scenes with Joseph Gordon Levitt, who is a fracking amazing actor...but we get very little.

Despite the obvious kid-centric, toyetic vibe here...I think the film lacked a main character. Snake Eyes would hav been the choice for me, or Scarlett...but it really just bouncees all over the place. The underwater scenes were extremely cartoony, but fun to watch.

Favorite part of the movie is the young Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow kicking each others ass in the kitchen. lol. Those kids were like 12 year old black belts! So cool.

I saw Fred get blown up in the first few minutes, so that's the highlight of the experience for me! ;)

--jim

I saw Fred get blown up in the first few minutes, so that's the highlight of the experience for me! ;)

--jim

Thanks...I think. :)

Yes of course, but I would have liked the straight up Snake Eyes - Storm Shadow rivalry to go on a bit longer.

Their rivalry is beyond, BEYOND I say, death.