Sign in to follow this  
origin1950

MAX PAYNE

When I first saw that poster I thought to myself..."damn this looks familiar"...Now I know what I was thinking about...As for the movie, I still might see it just because I tend to enjoy movies other people hate, but I'm extremely cautious right now...

That poster is cool though, love the smoke, love the pose, love the lighting, love the urban nighttime color palette.

I also like that black and white fan poster you guys were discussing earlier.

Would have made a cool theatrical one-sheet. Just re-shoot all the swiped pix and boom.

- TB

The thing with The Fighter is it might be a longer before production on that starts. Brad Pitt just dropped out of it, this is second time he's done that with Aronofsky.

Seems like they've changed the script a bunch of times too...At first it was gonna be a movie about his trilogy with Arturo Gatti and Matt Damon was supposed to be Gatti...But now it's a movie about Ward's life and his close bond with his brother...Sounds cool either way.

Can anyone who has played the game and seen the movie make a list about the things that were changed?

I remember when the trailers came out and everyone was talking about how it was going to be amazing. Funny how life works.

Los Angeles (E! Online) – John McCain and Barack Obama should be happy they're not running against a video-game hero.

As expected, Max Payne, the Mark Wahlberg, action/gamer movie, easily won the weekend box office, and, as expected, defeated Oliver Stone's hot-button W., which bowed in fourth place, but met expectations with a $10.6 million debut.

For Payne, the question wasn't whether it would unseat incumbent Beverly Hills Chihuahua, but how high it would go.

Story continues:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20081019/e...pIvPwGVq78wFxkF

I predict bad word of mouth might kill this film in the next couple of weeks...im actually surprised it got no.1 though..A lof of people I know didnt even know the movie was coming out until the last week or so when there were tons of tv spots.

I saw this movie on Friday - knowing it was amde by Fox, I fully expcected it to be crap, but I at least hoped it would be entertaining. It wasn't. It is actually the second worst movie I've seen all year, second only to 10,000 BC.

Such a shame, what a wasted opportunity. Wahlberg is awesome, and they could have made such a kick ass movie with the greatest of ease.

Damn, I hate Fox. To think they went from making great movies like Predator and Alien to sodomizing their properties, filmmakers and fans like they're doing right now.

Damn you, Fox.

Guest AdminGuyX

I wonder why somebody like Wahlberg, who has his choice of ANY project he wants, in any genre he wants, would make something so aweful?

I wonder why somebody like Wahlberg, who has his choice of ANY project he wants, in any genre he wants, would make something so aweful?

What amazes me is the predictability of the script. Wahlbergs been in action flicks, he's seen action flicks, he had to know what was on the next page of the script before he turned it.

The big suprise to me was seeing Chris O'Donnell in such a turd, and having a turd role as well...yeesh how far has this guy fallen?

O'Donnell's best movie was The Chamber with Gene Hackman.

Everything else he's done has been very generic.

Mark just dropped the ball this year, he'll be back when Aronofsky gets to him.

-TL

All of the reviews of this film have been horrible, which is too bad. I was looking forward to it, but I'll wait for dvd now.

I know this is kind of late, but my dream casting for a max payne movie would be Dean Winters as Max. He looks just like him, and he has a naturally, tough voice. For Mona, I would have went with Carrie Ann Moss. Mona just reminded me of her the most, she seems mature and tough.

Guest AdminGuyX

I wonder if FX is considering turning any of those, including Max Payne, into Shield style TV shows.

I wonder if FX is considering turning any of those, including Max Payne, into Shield style TV shows.

That would be up to the studio, if they wanted to do a Max Payne TV series not FX.

That would be up to the studio, if they wanted to do a Max Payne TV series not FX.

A "Shield" style Max Payne show would be fuckin brilliant!