Sign in to follow this  
origin1950

MAX PAYNE

I like it. Good choice. Mark's a bad motherfucker. I met him and he's equally bad-ass in person.

shooterwq2.jpg

Top 5 Markie-Mark films:

#1: Boogie Nights

#2: Shooter

#3: The Departed

#4: The Big Hit

#5: I Heart Huckabees

-TL

"Can you feel it baby?" Yes I can! :P

Let's hope FOX don't wuzz out, like it looks like they're doing with Hitman.

Sexy Soviet Native Mila Kunis will be playing Mona Sax...

milakunisxt1.jpg

Most only know Mila from That 70s Show, but I saw her in a little movie that I had fun watching on video,

milakunisinamericanpsycqt9.jpg

John Moore (Liev Schreiber's The Omen, Flight of the Phoenix, Behind Enemy Lines) is directing the picture and the supporting cast isn't lookin bad:

-Chris O'Donnell as Jason Colvin

-Beau Bridges as BB Hensley

-Donal Logue as Alex Balder

MARK WAHLBERG IS

MAX PAYNE

OCTOBER 17

-TL

I found this picture.

mark-wahlberg-as-max-payne-2007110903501

He looks like Max to me.

Actually, Eric Mabius is a dead ringer for Max. Hell, it looks like Max Payne was modeled from EM.

And he's got the physical part nailed.

Good actor, and he's primed for something like this.

Wahlberg certainly makes sense from a proven popcorn seller standpoint, but I'd have liked to have seen Mabius.

mark-wahlberg-as-max-payne-20071109.jpg

- TB

"Can you feel it baby?" Yes I can! :P

Let's hope FOX don't wuzz out, like it looks like they're doing with Hitman.

Hey ReCoil, love your avatar. Way of the Gun was a good f*ckin' film, have to watch it again. The score kicked ass too. And didn't know if you knew this but the names used for the two main characters played by Ryan and Benicio were actually the real names of Butch & Sundance and the ending was a direct homage to them. Pretty damn cool.

Back on topic, as far as Mark is concerned, some films he is good but he really can't get solid roles, if you understand what I mean. But I have to say that when I first saw him in Fear it scared the hell outta me. He was good in Boogie Nights but in that film Tom stole the show and then in Shooter, the film wasn't what I really liked but his performance was good. The Departed is my favorite film he has been in, I'm hoping he's like fine wine and gets better with age so here's to hopin' this film is bad ass.

JO

Guest FADoss

"Way of the Gun" was a brilliant flick if you can stomach Juliette Lewis. For some reason I hate her with a passion. I don't think she's a bad actress or anything I just dislike her. My wife used to feel the same way about Uma Thurman. I've even like Juliette in a few movies...well "Natural Born Killers" at least.

Fred

"Way of the Gun" was a brilliant flick if you can stomach Juliette Lewis. For some reason I hate her with a passion. I don't think she's a bad actress or anything I just dislike her. My wife used to feel the same way about Uma Thurman. I've even like Juliette in a few movies...well "Natural Born Killers" at least.

Fred

I agree, something about her rubs me the wrong way. In my opinion, she was the only bad thing about the remake of Cape Fear.

JO

I like Wahlberg in this role. It bodes well with me. Since we're talking about a video game movie, I like the idea of Kurt Wimmer writing Metal Gear Solid. Anyone else agree? I also want Tom Jane to take on the role of Snake..... Tim you think you can convince him to take an interest in the role? ;)

-Raffi

The only Snake Tom is interested in playing is Snake Plisskin if they get that remake of Escape From NY off the ground.

They had it going with Gerard Butler but then he dropped out. Jane has made it known that he'd love to step in.

Now if they get a real director for Metal Gear I wouldn't rule out interest from Tom.

But the script would have to be top notch.

- TB

Really? no one seeing the likeness between Mabius and Max except for me huh?

Go ahead, have yer Wahlberg party then. :blink:

;)

The only Snake Tom is interested in playing is Snake Plisskin if they get that remake of Escape From NY off the ground.

They had it going with Gerard Butler but then he dropped out. Jane has made it known that he'd love to step in.

Now if they get a real director for Metal Gear I wouldn't rule out interest from Tom.

But the script would have to be top notch.

- TB

Go ahead, have yer Wahlberg party then. :blink:

;)

Hey Tim, I do see the likeness. Mabius just doesn't get many roles and his talent isn't being shown. He'd be great in the part but nobody (Most of America unless they've seen Lawn Dogs or The Crow: Salvation) really knows who he is so the film would probably bomb. Sad to say.

JO

Sad to say indeed, but I'm not lobbying for Mabius to get the role ;)

I'm strictly talking likeness to Max. I think it's uncanny.

I'm not a huge Wahlberg fan. It's going to take a few more real good performances to make me forget about Planet Of The Apes, Rockstar, among others.

I'd still like to find out who cast him in the Apes remake. I'd like to strangle that person with Thomas Logan's bare hands ;) Then I'd like to strangle Burton for making such a suckfest.

Hey, just my opinion. Maybe I'm a victim of my generation and I can't get past the Marky Mark shit. I much prefer his brother Don as an actor.

I wasn't on the bandwagon for The Italian Job remake either. To me he's cardboard more often than not.

I think he was PERFECTLY cast in Boogie Nights (though no real stretch). I thought he was directed well in Fear. I can watch him in Three Kings cause the movie itself is so good. He did very well in The Departed and I thought Shooter was a decent film. He gets most of his positive points from me for producing Entourage. I have to give him credit for that. I think he's grown as an actor recently and I'm not nearly as hard on him as I used to be.

Max Payne is a game I've never played and a character I know nothing about.

So I'm not out of sorts over this casting.

Not sure it's the best career move but the jury is still out on that.

In spite of my personal feelings concerning MW as an actor, I'm sure he's a good guy.

When he's cast right, he's proven lately that he can go the distance.

It's no secret that he has box office appeal to young males and females.

It's a smart (safe) move to cast him in this.

- tb

Hey Tim, I do see the likeness. Mabius just doesn't get many roles and his talent isn't being shown. He'd be great in the part but nobody (Most of America unless they've seen Lawn Dogs or The Crow: Salvation) really knows who he is so the film would probably bomb. Sad to say.

JO

He may be too tied up with Ugly Betty to have the chunk of time needed to be in a movie.

Tim - I think Mabius has the perfect Max Payne look but I haven't seen him really.... so this is why I didn't have much to say in regards to him in the role really. Any suggestions of what films I should watch with him?

I think McTiernan would be a bad ass choice to direct Metal Gear. Maybe Jane would do it then considering "Run" being John's film.

Tim - I think Mabius has the perfect Max Payne look but I haven't seen him really.... so this is why I didn't have much to say in regards to him in the role really.

Again, I wasn't asking for folks to embrace him as the star of Max Payne, I just think the likeness is startling.

My comment was a humorous jab at the rest of ya's, wondering if anyone actually looked at the "side by side" since no one had anything to say on the subject.

Das all -

- tb

Gotchya. It is a startling resemblance.

Guest AdminGuyX

OK, OK. You can't just throw out Tom Jane playing Snake Plissken in the middle of a Max Payne thread and then not talk about it again.

You CAN'T do that!! :)

That casting works. And now that the idea is stuck in my brainpan I can't imagine why they would cast anyone else as Snake. It's perfect casting.

Lets just hope they don't hire Brett Ratner or Len Wiseman to direct it.

On the Mark Walberg subject, I am not a fan. I generally avoid his movies if I can, with a few small exceptions. 4 brothers being one of them. I enjoyed the film because he was part of a larger cast and the film didn't focus on him too much.

I too love Entourage. Just a great show.

I think his casting as Max Payne is OK. I've never played the game but I have noticed that he never seems to look quite the same from ad to ad, or game to game.