Sign in to follow this  
Lord Dubu

So Comic Art Commissions hates my name

Just had a rather frustrating experience with these guys. I found their site because Tim was promoting it on FB. But I gotta say I'm really disappointed by the fact that they banned me because the legal name i use as an artist is d.Forrest. Basically Terry, the guy who runs the site demanded that:

1) I use my real name.

2) I capitalize D and use it as a middle name.

I tried explaining that d.Forrest is a LEGAL name but I got banned. Seems a rather arbitrary requirement. Regardless, looks like I won't be using that site.

Just had a rather frustrating experience with these guys. I found their site because Tim was promoting it on FB. But I gotta say I'm really disappointed by the fact that they banned me because the legal name i use as an artist is d.Forrest. Basically Terry, the guy who runs the site demanded that:

1) I use my real name.

2) I capitalize D and use it as a middle name.

I tried explaining that d.Forrest is a LEGAL name but I got banned. Seems a rather arbitrary requirement. Regardless, looks like I won't be using that site.

Sorry to hear that! I have an odd last name that I've battled all life with (de Dufour). Try explaining to your elementary teachers that NO, my last name does NOT begin with a capitol "D" but a little "d", much less Karyn with a y. So I feel for ya, d.Forrest. And if they can't find a way for you in their system, it's a system you don't want to be in...

Sorry to hear that! I have an odd last name that I've battled all life with (de Dufour). Try explaining to your elementary teachers that NO, my last name does NOT begin with a capitol "D" but a little "d", much less Karyn with a y. So I feel for ya, d.Forrest. And if they can't find a way for you in their system, it's a system you don't want to be in...

Thanks Karyn. On a side note one of my most favoritest people in the whole entire world spells her name Karyn.