Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Walter Hill

Who knows, maybe if Headshot is a hit Marvel will revive The Punisher films with Tom starring and Walter Hill directing.

I can dream can't I? ;)

Internet campaign. Never works out, but internet campaign. They can't ignore the numbers!

This is not related to the film but to something Tom mentioned during the Podcast. Something about a project to he was talking to Liam Sharp to do the art on. Liam is a super cool guy. Lots of passion on the page when given the chance and more than most even when not. Would love to see Liam do something in the Raw camp. When left to his devices Liam can get way in there. And he's a hell of a writer as well. But I can't remember what Project it was. War Dogs?

One of my favorite words is ALACRITY.

I use it all the time ;)

- tb

HA! Perhaps we learned it from the Greaseman of DC101 fame?

Sorry for aside, back to the conversation....

It's for the Lycan comic.

Thanks.

http://www.moviehole.net/201140789-the-syn...h-thats-correct

details of abridged synopsis (contains some minor spoilers I think) just just posting the link rather than direct in case anyone doesnt want to know.

What a load of crap. Do they not realize without Jane there was no Hill. I hope to God that Hill and Stallone tell Joel Silver to stuff it and disband the project all together if Jane has to leave. I would think that Sly has some pull yet, the last few films he's done have been on the cheap end and have grossed big.

Hell, get Hill to direct Expendables 2 with Sly and Jane, and then lets see what the suits have to say.

No Jane, no money out of my wallet. F you Joel Silver. (yes, I'm a bit pissed at the news ;) )

It is true: http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=28480

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/

This is bullshit of the highest order.

This news is very sad; I could just cry. Would a boycott be too dramatic? This movie will be lame without Thomas Jane! Since he’s not in it, I’m not going to watch it. I wouldn’t enjoy the movie. I’d be thinking, “That could’ve been Tom,” the whole time.

This is so disrespectful to both Tom & audiences. I was really looking forward to watching a Thomas Jane movie in theaters. Such a shame. :(

Anyone have an e-mail for Dark Castle so we can e-mail them, letting them know what a mistake they are making?

Though, this formula they speak of, I'm not sure how it works? Looking at domestic grosses for Dark Castle, I'd say they don't either: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Castle_E...ifetime_grosses

Go with Jane, Sly and Hill. Break out of this slump, Dark Castle. Break out of the formula, have some "edge".

The other lead having to be more ethnic is horseshit. You take something that had absolutely nothing to do with race and make it about race. Aren't we over this at this point in life?

Looks like Tom is poking fun at the ordeal via his Twitter:

"Why, oh why did I have to be born white."

"Why is it so hard to find white racist jokes? Because being white is bad enough."

"Why shouldn't white people go swimming? Cause crackers get soggy when wet."

Guest AdminGuyX

Dark Castle is owned by Warner Brothers. I suspect it's WB doing it.

What a load of crap. Do they not realize without Jane there was no Hill. I hope to God that Hill and Stallone tell Joel Silver to stuff it and disband the project all together if Jane has to leave. I would think that Sly has some pull yet, the last few films he's done have been on the cheap end and have grossed big.

Hell, get Hill to direct Expendables 2 with Sly and Jane, and then lets see what the suits have to say.

No Jane, no money out of my wallet. F you Joel Silver. (yes, I'm a bit pissed at the news ;) )

My feelings exactly. What a load of shit.

I understand this is a money making industry. That's, unfortunatly, what drives it but christ, it's going to do the same money with Jane as it is with some ethnic actor. Who are they going to get ? Will Smith? That kind of money's not being thrown around here. Fuck Silver.

Honestly, I thought Stallone was flava enough ... I mean, he can play it as ethnic or straight man as you want it.

Can Jane do an Irish accent?!? Probably ... Does he really need to be South African again, just to make suits happy? Crissakes.

Whatever, I just wanted to see two grown men with different acting styles playing two different grown a$$ characters adapting to working together.

That should be dramatic payola enough for any freakin' movie.

Sheesh ...

Well, that sucks. And for the shittiest of reasons too. Hopefully this isn't true. Or at least Hill and Stallone can persuade the suits to change their mind.

Now I get why Thomas was making all the "white" jokes on his Twitter and FB pages. Damn.

Thomas Jane makes any film better in my opinion. Literally anything he touches!

I was so looking forward to this film..

because of these 3 men (Stallone/Jane & Hill) getting together - knowing it wouldn't be a typical hollywood production.

Their loss!!!! Now that the word is out and everyone is aware of this discrimination...I am sure no one will go see this film!

It's a shame Mr. Jane but things happen for a reason...

I feel another wicked project will be offered to you very soon that will even top that one.

As the saying goes ~ "when one door closes, another door opens"

p.s I know it sucks royally

This was one of my most anticipated flicks for sometime. Even more so than The Expendables II with my unofficial life coach, Jean-Claude Van Damme, supposedly locked to play one of the villains. There was just something retro yet innovative about two actors who could pull off action and drama being directed by one of the most old school, macho directors of the last quarter century.

When I first started reading backwards on other forum boards, I figured Hill jumped ship after clashing with Stallone. Let's face it, Hill isn't a player anymore and is too rich and old to put up with the rumored difficult Stallone. I never thought it would be The Jane being possibly replaced!

The whole "more ethnic" reason is just such marketing and business BS. Sure, Joel Silver had success pairing rappers with action heroes but that cycle petered out with Cradle 2 the Grave. We hardly live in a "movie star" system anymore so unless it's Denzel Washington or Will Smith up there, it's not going to really matter. Idril Elba and Chiwetel Ejiofor are great actors but what would they bring anything more to the project than Mr. Jane? I suppose they could go after a guy like Benecio Del Toro which would be interesting but again, the simple notion of Rambo and The Punisher directed by Hard Times/The Warriors/48 Hours guy is a conceptual package that sells itself.

Joel Silver's career took off thanks to Walter Hill. If he's truly the one pursuing this change, I hope Silver will reconsider and show some respect to Hill and not kick out da' Jane. But hey, Silver is the guy who took over Richard Donner's office suite on the WB lot after riding his back on the Lethal Weapon franchise, so loyalty is not really his forte.

If things don't work out for our guy on Headshot, I hope The Jane goes after securing a part in Paul Thomas Anderson's new movie and shows off his dramatic chops.

Not sure why this went on so long but it was just a shock that seemed very contrite. What was once in theory a kickass, badass flick has turned into a product of the mediocre Hollywood machine.

No word from management as yet, but I think (like everyone else) that this is one of the worst casting decissions that has ever been made.

If shooting is still to commence on June 4th that the production team are out of time and I dont think that Sly will be happy in the knoeck on effect from Headshot stops the Expendables 2 going out on time.