Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Walter Hill

I would hope so. The big thing lacking for Expendables (not including Tom Jane!) was a decent poster. They were more worried about getting all the names on a sheet than a good solid image for the film. I'd love to see what Tim would do with that.

I would hope so. The big thing lacking for Expendables (not including Tom Jane!) was a decent poster. They were more worried about getting all the names on a sheet than a good solid image for the film. I'd love to see what Tim would do with that.

They had the one which had all the actor's kill counts from their other films that was pretty cool.

We're working the poster angle . . . Here's hoping!

You all will be the first to know.

Be a while though.

Glad you all are jacked for this.

Stay tuned.

- TB

Hill is a comic book fan from way back. Personally, I don't think there is any doubt that Tim will be doing the posters for this, and I would not be surprised to see Stallone using Tim after this either. Can you see a Bradstreet Expendables 2 poster? I can.

:)

Fucking cool.

Please let this happen, please let this happen, please let this happen...I'm gonna be upset if this don't happen...

In case ya ain't checked it yet, Kristyn and I teamed up for a facelift of the announcement on the RAW site -

http://rawstudios.typepad.com/

I'm all jacked. Gonna go hang out with TJ in New Orleans and meet two of my film idols.

Gonna ROOOOOOOOOOOCK.

- tb

That's some serious badass. I'm all testosteroned just reading it.

That's some serious badass. I'm all testosteroned just reading it.

Love the profile pic ;)

Wish I could spend a week watching you work some Joe Landsdale magic.

Would be legendary.

- tb

There's no bigger fan of Walter Hill than me. As you may remember, we went in to Lions Gate to pitch his version of Punisher II - and when they turned us down that's what prompted me to walk.

I’ve been trying to get this film or that film together with Hill for a long time - I'm thrilled to be finally working with him now! We're in the hands of the master. The man made the mould with 48 Hrs. No one gets that magic combination of action, character & dry humor. His leading men are tough in the real way, not the 'action guy' Hollywood way. When Sly said 'black comedy' -- that's what he was getting at. 48 hrs, not 'Rush Hour.' And Sly is at his best when he plays down to earth, no nonsense, dare I say self-depreciating characters like Rambo & Balboa. The script is awesome. There’s humor, but it comes out of the situation, no ‘gags’ here. I look at the story as ‘old guard meets new guard.’ Legend vs. Reality. I can’t wait to go toe to toe with with the legend!

There's no bigger fan of Walter Hill than me. As you may remember, we went in to Lions Gate to pitch his version of Punisher II - and when they turned us down that's what prompted me to walk.

I’ve been trying to get this film or that film together with Hill for a long time - I'm thrilled to be finally working with him now! We're in the hands of the master. The man made the mould with 48 Hrs. No one gets that magic combination of action, character & dry humor. His leading men are tough in the real way, not the 'action guy' Hollywood way. When Sly said 'black comedy' -- that's what he was getting at. 48 hrs, not 'Rush Hour.' And Sly is at his best when he plays down to earth, no nonsense, dare I say self-depreciating characters like Rambo & Balboa. The script is awesome. There’s humor, but it comes out of the situation, no ‘gags’ here. I look at the story as ‘old guard meets new guard.’ Legend vs. Reality. I can’t wait to go toe to toe with with the legend!

Well Mr J, I think its safe to say that everyone is pumped for this one...

Tom I haven't been this excited for a film in a long time buddy. This is fucking great. Can't wait for you guys to start shooting. It'd be sweet if you can be in the Expendibles 2 after this one ;)

-Raffi

yes, now i can see a movie with Tom in theatre. great :)

Right on. Nice clarification.

Too many peeps on the internet get the wrong idea when they hear "black comedy".

They only really hear the "comedy" part. BLACK humor is something else entirely.

I'm not privy to the details of the script but it sounds like something more in the vein of a PAYBACK, though maybe not quite so twisted ;)

In the extremely capable hands of Walter Hill this sounds like a line-up and a concept that is food for the Gods.

And we're starving ;)

- TB

Love the profile pic ;)

Wish I could spend a week watching you work some Joe Landsdale magic.

Would be legendary.

- tb

I wish you were there too, bud. I'm going to take that watered down sub-genre and blast it up a notch. Otherwise, one day we'll all join hands and do something legendary together. And then people will write books and make movies about it, you know the cycle.

Here's the podcast that broke the news: http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=27748

Wonderful interview! Ok. I can seriously listen to Tom talk about his passions all day long. Everyday. For the rest of my life. ;) TJ is beyond brilliant! Extremely excited to see this one as well as every other upcoming project mentioned.

We're working the poster angle . . . Here's hoping!

You all will be the first to know.

Be a while though.

Glad you all are jacked for this.

Stay tuned.

- TB

Everyone, fingers crossed for a Headshot poster w/ the Bradstreet touch! B)

I love that you get to work with people you admire, Tom. Hope you guys have a blast filming it!

I've listened to that Podcast a few times. Those guys are cool but this one was great. Tom got me psyched about all the stuff he was talking about.

Tom- There was a part you put the phone down. A buddy of mine and I have a bet: you drove by a cop?

The comedy comment made me pause but I thought, Hill, Jane, Stallone, 48 hrs., fuck it, put those three on icarly and I'll tune in.

In the extremely capable hands of Walter Hill this sounds like a line-up and a concept that is food for the Gods.

And we're starving ;)

- TB

Nicely said, right on!

Maybe it's a strange question, but i dare.

How did Tom get the role?

Did he auditioned or was he called by Walter Hill :) ?

Holy crap! This is amazing news, on so many levels.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all comes together smoothly and hits the theatre with some alacrity. (How's that for a f**kd up 10 cent word!)

Maybe it's a strange question, but i dare.

How did Tom get the role?

Did he auditioned or was he called by Walter Hill :) ?

Tom'd really be the one to answer this, but my understanding is that Tom was in negotiations for the project before Wayne Kramer was let go. Don't think there was an audition.

After Wayne was out of the picture, I believe it was Tom who turned Sly onto the idea of Walter directing, just as he'd attempted to do with Lion's Gate and Punisher Warzone, sadly to no avail.

Sly loved the idea and . . . BAM!

I hate to think back and wonder at what could have been with the Punisher franchise had Walter Hill been given the opportunity to lead the project.

We'd probably be anticipating TJ's 3rd go-round as Frank Castle as we speak.

- tb

I hate to think back and wonder at what could have been with the Punisher franchise had Walter Hill been given the opportunity to lead the project.

- tb

Who knows, maybe if Headshot is a hit Marvel will revive The Punisher films with Tom starring and Walter Hill directing.

I can dream can't I? ;)

Who knows, maybe if Headshot is a hit Marvel will revive The Punisher films with Tom starring and Walter Hill directing.

I can dream can't I? ;)

My thoughts exactly brother

- tb

You got a real nice way of talking.