Sign in to follow this  
sidewaysgaze

68th Annual Golden Globe Awards

As I mentioned, in more detail, in the Thomas Jane section, Tom was there, nominated for Best Male Actor in Drama TV for Hung, and he was shown at least 3 times during the broadcast.

He looked sharp and cool -I just wish they'd shown him more! :lol:

As far as the red carpet fashions go, in my opinion, :lol: Tom was the best dressed guy and Scarlett Johanssen (?) was best dress gal, at least for her dress. Well, that's my opinion at this moment at least. I think her dress was good for her; maybe not on someone else.

Best shoes hands down was Olivia Wilde and her gold 'n' glittering confections that were actually hidden by her dress unless she raised her hem!

Weirdest shoes go to Helena Bonham-Carter who wore 2 different colors of the same type of shoe, but she's just great and I love a lot of her "looks" even though they

re a bit out there.

January Jones had the wow factor with her red Versace (I think) dress that showed her off a lot.

Justin Beiber looked cute as a button. :lol:

I generally like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, but they seem too "tame" and coiffed at these types of events and don't seem themselves; like plasticized versions with dazed expressions and smiles... From the footage taken of them, Angelina seemed to be "mommying" Brad, fixing his tie, watching him a lot, etc...

Did anyone else watch the show, or the red carpet? Any faves or worsts?

Jen

As I mentioned, in more detail, in the Thomas Jane section, Tom was there, nominated for Best Male Actor in Drama TV for Hung, and he was shown at least 3 times during the broadcast.

He looked sharp and cool -I just wish they'd shown him more! :lol:

I generally like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, but they seem too "tame" and coiffed at these types of events and don't seem themselves; like plasticized versions with dazed expressions and smiles... From the footage taken of them, Angelina seemed to be "mommying" Brad, fixing his tie, watching him a lot, etc...

Did anyone else watch the show, or the red carpet? Any faves or worsts?

Jen

Tom definitely wins best dressed!!! Tom was up for Best Actor Comedy, wasn't he?

Olivia Wilde's dress would have to be my favorite.

Didn't care for Julianne Moore's. I'm fine with the hot pink, just not the style of it.

Also didn't like Angelina Jolie's dress. Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on Angelina's mothering affection towards Brad; he must be the seventh child in the family. The cameras cut to them way too much.

Ricky Gervais was hilarious! I laughed at everything he said. Boy, was he fearless! :lol:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/17/golden...joke-at-a-time/

Not sure if he'll be invited back, though.

Oh, jeez, yeah, I keep writing Drama instead of Comedy because of the overall dire straits of the characters on the show! :lol:

I didn't look at the article link yet you posted on RickyG. , but from what I've read it sounds like they yanked him off for the last half of the show, and that he's not welcome to host it anymore. That's the gossip online anyway.

I wonder if Tom will be on E! Fashion Police show... I started watching it this morning, but so far no Tom sightings... He should be Best Dressed guy!!

Yes, I like Olivia Wilde's dress too.

It was great to see Michael Douglass and Catherine Zeta-Jones out 'n' about, looking stellar.

Most peeps looked good; nothing too outrageous or awful. Oh, there was Heidi Klum in a too-casual dress. Why was she even there?

Jen

Guest AdminGuyX

I didn't watch the show, but I've watch Gervais' jokes on youtube, and laughed my ass off.

I didn't watch the show, but I've watch Gervais' jokes on youtube, and laughed my ass off.

There was some tension in the room for some of his jokes, and Robert Downey Jr. got a bit snippy after he got zinged by Mr. Gervais...

Jen