Sign in to follow this  
johnpweber

Jennifer Blood

Tim, feel free to change what you want with this post, but I found some images and they were too cool not to share.

Jennifer Blood is the new Garth Ennis series with none other than Tim on covers! So glad to see you two together again.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/11/11/gar...jennifer-blood/

By the way, is that Jane with the handle bar stache?

This cover hasn't been publicly released yet, but I figure it's all in the family here.

The concept I had in mind for this cover is kind of a "caught between her two worlds" type of thing.

In my head, she's just getting prepped for a night of assassinations, al-la The Punisher, except Castle does not lead a double life.

Jennifer's style of justice is a little more complicated as she has to balance husband, kids, and a normal day-time life with her escapades as a vigilante by-night.

Here she's a bit caught in the act. Garth had a great idea where we see her husband walking into the bedroom, surprising Jennifer as she's getting decked out (from the ground up), cleaning her Baretta, etc . . .

Thus, she's covering the situation and likely giving her husband some impromptu cover story to get him out of the room, anything to distract him from discovering her secret.

This is what we'd refer to as "A compromising situation" ;)

Don't want to spill all the beans on how Jennifer works the subterfuge on her family while also being a cold-blooded killer. I say 'cold-blooded' but this works the same way as Punisher . . .

She's not evil, she's a good guy that wears a black hat (or perhaps black lingerie in this analogy ;) She's taking justice into her own hands WHILE trying to hold onto a normal life.

It's a wonderfully intriguing concept that Garth has going here.

Anyway, I took a shot at adding the husband into this concept but Jennifer's bod takes up so much room I didn't really have the space to pull that off in a way that felt right.

Working with Garth is great because he gives me the freedom to make these concepts work for ME.

Since I was forced to abandon the husband element I decided upon a more editorial juxtaposition - to surround the dangerous shot of Jennifer with elements of her soccer mom life -

The flowery wallpaper, the child's drawing, and my favorite part, a shopping list of innocuous items, ie, milk, coffee, then combined with a shopping list of destructive goodies that might be on a shopping list for a gun-nut ;)

I got the idea for that a few weeks ago while at a 7-11. There was this gorgeous woman, about 28-33 years old, just a very handsome chica . . .

I'm behind her in line. I notice she's buying a carton of milk, sure enough, I ACTUALLY notice that she has the word "MILK" written on her hand in ballpoint between thumb and index finger.

Then I thought to myself, how differently I'd be taking in this scene if below the word "Milk", she had also written ".38 wadcutters", or some other similarly shocking item ;)

And that made me grin a bit.

That all led me to the ironical shopping list. I should have just called Noeland to see what types of things I should have on that list, but I'd just been speaking with my pal David J. Schow, and he's a guy who is very deep into gun culture. I just gave him a quick call, explained what I needed and he promptly send me back a short list. This is my favorite cover in the series so far.

Jennifer Blood - Issue #3

JenniferBlood3F1.jpg

- TB

By the way, is that Jane with the handle bar stache?

Nope! That's our very own, Mike Powell!

The other two guys, from left to right are, Adam Johnson, formerly of The Punisher.com

And Adam Gilbert, of The Punisher Archives fame.

All three of these fellas made cameos on Punisher Max covers.

Gilbert is the dude pistol-whipping Castle on the cover of Max #39, and Johnson+Powell cameoed on Max #37, acting as henchmen for the Russian General dude.

- TB

Amazing covers! Great story! I'm really looking forward to the release of it.

I can't wait for this to be released. Tim could you let us know whether this is a limited series or whether this is a new ongoing?

Miguel -

My understanding is that the first arc of story is planned as a 6 issue mini-series, with subsequent story arc series' to follow should sales numbers and fan support warrant it.

It's not unlike the same model used by Dark Horse with The Cal MacDonald - Criminal Macabre sets.

My hope is that this character will latch hold of a fan base and we'll continue to do more and more. Only time and support will tell ;)

- TB

This looks like a lot of fun. I hope it gains momentum. Dynamite is pretty good to Garth on promoting his other books, at least they are at the end of The Boys issues.

Nope! That's our very own, Mike Powell!

The other two guys, from left to right are, Adam Johnson, formerly of The Punisher.com

And Adam Gilbert, of The Punisher Archives fame.

All three of these fellas made cameos on Punisher Max covers.

Gilbert is the dude pistol-whipping Castle on the cover of Max #39, and Johnson+Powell cameoed on Max #37, acting as henchmen for the Russian General dude.

- TB

And for the record, that's not me on the cover of #3, although sometimes I wonder how different my life would be if it were.

Guest AdminGuyX
That all led me to the ironical shopping list. I should have just called Noeland to see what types of things I should have on that list, but I'd just been speaking with my pal David J. Schow, and he's a guy who is very deep into gun culture. I just gave him a quick call, explained what I needed and he promptly send me back a short list. This is my favorite cover in the series so far.

OH, I see how it is. You just wait until I have a few award winning novels under my belt and you come calling about guns. You just see what I have to say pal.

That cover for #3 is terrible Tim. It's JUST awful. I mean I don't even see a list on there, you don't even know your own work!

;)

Dude, I'd of called Schow too. Like you're going to go wrong with his advice.

Jennifer's style of justice is a little more complicated as she has to balance husband, kids, and a normal day-time life with her escapades as a vigilante by-night.

Hey, have you guys been secretly watching me? :P

I can't wait to see what Jennifer will do to the jackass soccer coach or the lech at the gas station!