sidewaysgaze

Interviews with Tom online

33 minutes ago, Geoff said:

http://hikaritakano.co/index.php/video-interviews/thomas-jane-interview

Here: 

image.png

If you see on the screen grab there is a yellow arrow that appears on the player (half way up right hand side) , if you hover over it, it opens the menu on the right hand side that has the other 3 parts.

Geoff you’re a bloody marvel!!! 😁

Thank you Geoff!

Geoff - just off the back of this interview, can you confirm or deny that TJ and Rusty Blades are one and the same?  I know Tom’s stuck to his story of discovering Rusty busking in New Orleans but having listened to some of the tracks I can def hear Tom’s voice there.  I know this is old stuff (and probably cross-threading again!) but since it’s mentioned from time to time I thought I’d ask.  And apologies if this is some common knowledge that I’ve completely missed!!

41 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Geoff - just off the back of this interview, can you confirm or deny that TJ and Rusty Blades are one and the same?  I know Tom’s stuck to his story of discovering Rusty busking in New Orleans but having listened to some of the tracks I can def hear Tom’s voice there.  I know this is old stuff (and probably cross-threading again!) but since it’s mentioned from time to time I thought I’d ask.  And apologies if this is some common knowledge that I’ve completely missed!!

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of one and the same person, or different persons. Any evidence or DNA is subject to interpretation. Couldn't swear to it for certain guvn'r, tie me down and waterboard me I dont know I swear it. 

That being said Ive never seen them in the same room together, or have I?. Cant be sure, too much Jack Daniels. 

This is not an interview, it’s a dictated biography!

Love it. So intimate. I can say I know Thomas Jane much better now, and not really because of the things he said he’s done, but by the way he said things... I didn’t expect him to be that kind of guy, it was a pleasant surprise.

Thank you so much for the link!! 😘😘😘

On to watching Part 4 now, borderline exhausting to watch the whole marathon in one go! Thomas looks pretty cooked up too by around the end of part 2! 😆 So sweet he got through it till the end. 😍

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of one and the same person, or different persons. Any evidence or DNA is subject to interpretation. Couldn't swear to it for certain guvn'r, tie me down and waterboard me I dont know I swear it. 

That being said Ive never seen them in the same room together, or have I?. Cant be sure, too much Jack Daniels. 

Ah, the curse of the booze addled administrator (I think we have some of those at my work!!). So, Mr Mysterioso, would they be seen in the same room together..............if there was a mirror?????  Is there any photographic evidence anywhere, or would you maintain that must have been (ahem) doctored?  The plot does indeed thicken 🤔

7 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

Ah, the curse of the booze addled administrator (I think we have some of those at my work!!). So, Mr Mysterioso, would they be seen in the same room together..............if there was a mirror?????  Is there any photographic evidence anywhere, or would you maintain that must have been (ahem) doctored?  The plot does indeed thicken 🤔

There were some eye witness accounts (that were later redacted or out right destroyed) that said that Mr Blades didn't even have a reflection in the mirror. 

30 minutes ago, Geoff said:

There were some eye witness accounts (that were later redacted or out right destroyed) that said that Mr Blades didn't even have a reflection in the mirror. 

Hope it wasn’t the eye witnesses themselves that were destroyed!!!! 🥺

7 minutes ago, Gail Bentley said:

Hope it wasn’t the eye witnesses themselves that were destroyed!!!! 🥺

I heard some were. Others turned to stone from looking at him....So I hear. 

Okay, so part way through P3 of this interview (having to barter for computer time with the other half unless anyone knows how to get it on ipad!) and so far loving every minute.  Thomas is clearly a natural storyteller and nothing that he says feels like a 'pity me' hard luck story when he talks about his earlier years, or bragging about his successes.  He's obviously a fully paid, bona fide movie star but most certainly NOT a 'celebrity', he just loves his job and enjoys conveying a story.  This makes me so glad I found this forum - it feels a bit like an exclusive club, but it's a revelation to anyone who takes the trouble to join and engage with it.  I'm a couple of wines in, so forgive me, but thanks to all the people I've interacted with so far - Rosella and your creative genius, Ariane with your deep insights, Anna Clara who is def on my level (not sure if that's good or bad, sorry!) and an especially big 'Thank You' to Geoff for holding all this together and providing information, images and insight that we wouldn't otherwise get to see.  And anyone else I haven't chatted with, but have posted comments that I've greatly enjoyed reading, it's a pleasure to share this space with you all. xx

5 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

Okay, so part way through P3 of this interview (having to barter for computer time with the other half unless anyone knows how to get it on ipad!)

🙄 had the same issue here.

When Cat's on screen I have to admit I get furrily and softly distracted. You'll discover how the interview ends 😉

it's a revelation to anyone who takes the trouble to join and engage with it.

That's for sure! I discovered recently the daily diary written by Tim during the Dark Country shooting. I recommend it to you too. Needed several days to go through it, it's so fully packed with information, anecdotes, personal insights. I still have to come back to it one day. It is so well written you can feel the tension, the long discussions at night, the exhaustion, the successes and the cold. I learned a lot about techniques. I wish I could understand more.

I'm learning and having fun here, it's great! 

thanks to all the people I've interacted with so far

😍 feel the same way. It was a milestone for me to meet Chris Sue and Al. I've the feeling we will meet again at some point. And my current dream would be to meet you, Geoff and maybe some others during the Lycan signing in Europe. Be it Paris or London.

Here it is: (do I need to say there are spoilers in it?)

All lovely things to read. The forum doesn't exist without the fans. 

5 hours ago, Enaira said:

Here it is: (do I need to say there are spoilers in it?)

Wow!! This is some piece of work! Fascinating insight into the process and great that Tim took the time to keep RAW so fully informed. Will work my way through it.......btw, where is Tim and what is he up to these days?

There is so much good material to go through on this forum. It’s a true TJ goldmine. I like to know that if I’m ever in a TJ withdrawal I can get a top up on these pages. So thank you to the people who contributed over the years...

Glad to know that someone else shares the same viewpoint Gail! Isn’t Cat a Bengal beauty? Has she got a name?!

How realistic is Tom coming to London in the near future?

14 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

Okay, so part way through P3 

Wait n see when he so genuinely winks and blows a kiss to Cat...

Feels like a arrow through your heart, LOL!

8 minutes ago, Anna Clara said:

There is so much good material to go through on this forum. It’s a true TJ goldmine. I like to know that if I’m ever in a TJ withdrawal I can get a top up on these pages. So thank you to the people who contributed over the years...

Glad to know that someone else shares the same viewpoint Gail! Isn’t Cat a Bengal beauty? Has she got a name?!

Yep, same here, quick look on here makes everything okay!

Cat is so beautiful (and almost as adorable as TJ!), not sure about a name though, he referred to her as just 'Cat' when he mentioned her in Q & A.  I do recall pics of kitten Jojo on IG (Tom said she was a Savannah?) and she appeared with him in a video interview once but don't know if they're the same cutie. Look kinda similar but hard to tell.

As for Tom coming to the UK, I think Geoff would be the man to answer that but I wouldn't hold your breath!!  Sounds like he's pretty fully booked for the foreseeable future.

17 minutes ago, Anna Clara said:

Wait n see when he so genuinely winks and blows a kiss to Cat...

Feels like a arrow through your heart, LOL!

OMG - think I might have to drug my other half to get him off the computer now!!!  

On a more serious note, the Hikari Takano interview is the best I’ve seen so far (mind u I haven’t seen loads of them yet). I felt he was pressing TJ at times and was a bit sorry for Tom for having to endure through the hours (I found myself wondering if it weren’t time for lunch or dinner) but I’m glad he did, so that now we have a long piece of intimate personal account over the major events of his life.

I particularly enjoyed hearing about his early years because I can relate to that a little. I went through some hard but fun times too when I first landed in London from Italy a couple of decades ago. It was a similar scene. I’ve grown up with wannabe rockers and wannabe actors. Maybe that’s also why I love TJ over other “celebrities”, he feels like home to me, a little.

I’m watching Hung at the mo, damn it’s hilarious! Xx

3 hours ago, Anna Clara said:

Oh right,  you're also from UK. I didn't remembered that. So I guess a good place for a RAWunion would be London 🙂

I truly love being in UK, so I'll use you all as an excuse 👍🏻

On 6/1/2019 at 10:50 PM, Enaira said:

Just posted the link on Instagram as a comment to TJ's podcast picture.

I saw someone was asking for the movie list in Twitter: could someone with an account please post the link there as well? Thanks!

Hello "all you need is ... pie" @lsiltari_,

don't know if you're lurking around here. I would like to thank you for answering this question on Twitter and pointing at the RAWsome forum. Maybe this will help one more person.

I have started my "film noir retrospective" now. Watched "Le doulos" first, as planned. Unsurprisingly it was fantastic. TJ said he wouldn't reveal the twist, it would be "criminal to do so". I thank him for that, but actually there were several twists (I also don't want to reveal them or even write here their real amount... I just wish to make you all needy). It is indeed gorgeous and I'll stop here because there's nothing TJ hasn't said already.

Looking forward to see the next crime movies in the pipeline.

Glad everyone enjoyed the video. Some questions in the posts so Ill try and answer:

16 hours ago, Anna Clara said:

Cat a Bengal beauty? Has she got a name?!

16 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

Cat is so beautiful (and almost as adorable as TJ!), not sure about a name though, he referred to her as just 'Cat' when he mentioned her in Q & A.

Yes she is and her name is in fact "Cat" 

16 hours ago, Anna Clara said:

He'll be here at some point. He loves Europe and is often over our side of the world when on vacation. From memory Im sure the new artist we have lined up for The Lycan is Spanish so Tom will be there at points in the near future. The premier for Warning will likely take place in Poland (place of shooting) so no doubt Thomas will be invited there too and of course we are hoping that Aftershock promote The Lycan across Europe on its release so we should have more opportunities then too. 

20 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

where is Tim and what is he up to these days?

Tim is on a well earned break but still drawing and creating. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Yes she is and her name is in fact "Cat" 

Hmm, not too imaginative there TJ - then again he could call me ‘Person’ if it meant I could drape myself across his lap and snuggle up whenever I felt like it 😌  Which would be all the time!! 😁