sidewaysgaze

A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand

Got some good news . . . .

A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand is currently in the arms of someone trying to get us money to make it ;)

I gotta tell ya, it's one of the best scripts I've ever read.

Great story with riveting characters. Some larger than life ;)

This is one we'd all be working on at RAW. Completely developed by Tom thus far (with a little help from his friends).

As of now, Tom plans to direct.

But TJ ain't dumb. If Frank Darabont or someone like him decides he/she wants in, TJ will likely step aside and only PRODUCE like a director.

Honestly though, I see this film as a great choice for Tom to direct. I think he could really shine here.

Wish us luck on gettin' the dough to make it!

More as this unfolds.

- TB

Whoa, baby! That’s so cool! Best of luck w/ getting the necessary financing you want!

I don’t want to picture anyone but TJ directing this one; he really would be beyond amazing.

I still love that it’s called A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand -- With a title like that, it has to be good. ;)

Hey Raw fans,

As the screenwriter and creator of MAGNIFICENT DEATH I feel I should chime in. When I brought the script (my dream of creating my own Sergio Leone-style western) to Thomas I had no idea he'd fall for it as hard as he did. 3 weeks after I sent it to him, I get an email that Tom wants to meet and discuss the film. Well, it's been about two years now and we're close to finalizing the option agreement between us.

I am excited to have Tom on board. I practically wrote the lead for him, and the fact that he wants to direct it just makes so much sense to me because he really is a fount of knowledge and loves the same gritty westerns that I dig.While his taste seems to swing more toward John Ford, than Leone, we both see eye to eye on the fact that we want to make a genre-defining western. My goal was to do for westerns what SCREAM did for slashers. Finger's crossed on that!

Stay tuned for more info...this one's gonna be a bloody one!

PS: Glad you guys are so pumped for it!

-Jose Prendes

dogeatdogmovie.com

Got some good news . . . .

A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand is currently in the arms of someone trying to get us money to make it ;)

I gotta tell ya, it's one of the best scripts I've ever read.

Great story with riveting characters. Some larger than life ;)

This is one we'd all be working on at RAW. Completely developed by Tom thus far (with a little help from his friends).

As of now, Tom plans to direct.

But TJ ain't dumb. If Frank Darabont or someone like him decides he/she wants in, TJ will likely step aside and only PRODUCE like a director.

Honestly though, I see this film as a great choice for Tom to direct. I think he could really shine here.

Wish us luck on gettin' the dough to make it!

More as this unfolds.

- TB

TIM! Thank you for the kinds words, sir! I really appreciate that. "It's one of the best scripts" you've ever read? Fantastic!

Great to hear. And fuck, the idea of someone like Darabont doing a western, there are no words.

Welcome aboard, Jose. It's always a treat to hear from people involved with Tim and Tom's projects, especially the screenwriters!

TIM! Thank you for the kinds words, sir! I really appreciate that. "It's one of the best scripts" you've ever read? Fantastic!

Cheers, Jose!!

Working hard on this.

- tb

Hey Raw fans,

As the screenwriter and creator of MAGNIFICENT DEATH I feel I should chime in. When I brought the script (my dream of creating my own Sergio Leone-style western) to Thomas I had no idea he'd fall for it as hard as he did. 3 weeks after I sent it to him, I get an email that Tom wants to meet and discuss the film. Well, it's been about two years now and we're close to finalizing the option agreement between us.

I am excited to have Tom on board. I practically wrote the lead for him, and the fact that he wants to direct it just makes so much sense to me because he really is a fount of knowledge and loves the same gritty westerns that I dig.While his taste seems to swing more toward John Ford, than Leone, we both see eye to eye on the fact that we want to make a genre-defining western. My goal was to do for westerns what SCREAM did for slashers. Finger's crossed on that!

Stay tuned for more info...this one's gonna be a bloody one!

PS: Glad you guys are so pumped for it!

-Jose Prendes

dogeatdogmovie.com

Welcome, Jose!

It's so nice of you to join us. :D

Great things take time, and I'm already looking forward to seeing how this film unfolds. Can't wait to read more about it!

Things are still cooking.

We have one of our favorite actors reading it now and we are really hoping he comes on board.

More soon.

- TB

Yep. Gotta Agree. Likely thee most Gothic Western I can think of.

Siegel had something dialed in on that, a vibe with the setting and direction, the way it was shot, the story, everything coming together.

I'd say Magnificent Death is Gothic on a different level in terms of story scope, but the tone could be close all the same.

There is allegory too and the mythic undertones make it a much different animal than Beguiled, on the page, least ways ;)

AMDFASH is not nearly so closed-in and claustrophobic, which is a strong element of that Gothic sensibility . . .

Good snag though, GC.

- TB

That favorite actor I mentioned above?

Uhhhh, he LOVED the script.

Keep your fingers crossed.

- tB

- tB

Any cryptic clues? :)

Any cryptic clues? :)

I'm too superstitious and filmmaking is too infamous for actor's coming and going to comment further yet . . .

Just had to share my excitement, as vague as it is.

If we get this guy, financing just got a whole lot easier ;)

- TB

Things have been moving along and Magnificent Death is beginning to turn into what we hoped it would turn into.

While I have to continue to be vague I just wanted our brothers and sisters here at Rumor Control to know that this project continues to move forward and is building some sweet momentum.

- TB

QUOTE (Geoff Woody @ Apr 4 2011, 09:29 AM)

That concept sounds awesome and Tom did shuch a good job with "GUN" that a full on move in that sort of style would be awesome.

yes i'm hard at work on the rewrite right now. i'm really excited about how this baby is turning out! its definitely a 'GOTHIC WESTERN.'

question: are there any other Gothic Westerns out there? i'm drawing a blank. but there has to be at least ONE...

Is this the western that nick nolte is gonna be in with you. Cuz if it is this is gonna be awsome. Especially if your directing it.

Prendes (whose next project is the western feature A Magnificent Death From A Shattered Hand which he will write and produce this fall, along with actor Thomas Jane who will direct, produce and star)...

Woo hoo it is happening... Looking forward it...the title alone...can't wait!

- tB

Are you talking about Jeremy Irons? It's so cool you guys got him. I love his voice.

Are you talking about Jeremy Irons? It's so cool you guys got him. I love his voice.

Been a fan of his since his Dead Ringer/Damage days (love his indie flicks)..he's an excellent choice to star in this. Can so see it!

Yes, I love his voice too...

Link to brief update on Mag. Death, as well as Tom's possible move from actor to director in the future.

"I'm not even sure if I'm going to continue with the acting thing too much longer. I guess my spirit's been moving into the direction of creating my own stuff for a number of years now, with RAW Studios, writing, and creating my own comic books." Later on Jane elaborated, saying, "They just don't make the movies I'd be good in.""

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/thomas-janes-a-magnificent-death-from-a-shattered-hand-nick-nolte-jeremy-irons-jgiro.php

Jen