sidewaysgaze

A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand

Again, this info is from a recent interview of Tom's at UInterivew:

"Q: What other projects do you have coming up? - eloise

A: Well, I’m writing a western. It’s called A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand."

http://www.uinterview.com/uqa/thomas-jane

Anyone know any more about this?

Jen

My podcast buddy Rene talked to filmmaker Jose Prendes and actress Stephanie Greco for the upcoming revenge thriller "Dog Eat Dog" and they also discussed "A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand" (Jose wrote the script):

http://moviefeature.podspot.de/files/Jose_...o_Interview.mp3

The part about Shattered Hand starts at the 20:30 mark ;)

That concept sounds awesome and Tom did shuch a good job with "GUN" that a full on move in that sort of style would be awesome.

That concept sounds awesome and Tom did shuch a good job with "GUN" that a full on move in that sort of style would be awesome.

yes i'm hard at work on the rewrite right now. i'm really excited about how this baby is turning out! its definitely a 'GOTHIC WESTERN.'

question: are there any other Gothic Westerns out there? i'm drawing a blank. but there has to be at least ONE...

yes i'm hard at work on the rewrite right now. i'm really excited about how this baby is turning out! its definitely a 'GOTHIC WESTERN.'

question: are there any other Gothic Westerns out there? i'm drawing a blank. but there has to be at least ONE...

I guess High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider would qualify. They're a rare breed though.

Maybe it could fall in line with your idea of:

MAN TURNS UP.

90 MINS OF GUN PLAY AND 2000 ROUNDS OF AMMO LATER

MAN DIES

Us fans would be queing around the block!

I'm not 100% sure how do you define a Gothic Western, but there certainly are a couple of Westerns out there with some elements of Gothic fiction...

Blueberry

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276830/

The Burrowers

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445939/

The Proposition

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421238/

Plus some of the Eastwood Westerns that Padre mentioned.

I'm not 100% sure how do you define a Gothic Western, but there certainly are a couple of Westerns out there with some elements of Gothic fiction...

Blueberry

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276830/

The Burrowers

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445939/

The Proposition

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421238/

Plus some of the Eastwood Westerns that Padre mentioned.

I'll have to check out the other 2, but I totally enjoyed THE BORROWERS>

QUOTE (Thomas Jane @ Apr 21 2011, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cool I'll check it out! gotta check the Borrowers, never heard of it...

The Burrowers is pretty good. Best frame of reference would be it's The Searchers meets Tremors.

And it's got a cool cast with Clancy Brown and Doug Hutchison ;)

Apropos Clancy Brown... HBO's Carnivàle also kind of has a "Gothic Western" feel to it, even though it's set in the 1930's.

cool I'll check it out! gotta check the Borrowers, never heard of it...

The Burrowers is a really great film. I highly recommend it! :D

And it's got a cool cast with Clancy Brown and Doug Hutchison ;)

Apropos Clancy Brown... HBO's Carnivàle also kind of has a "Gothic Western" feel to it, even though it's set in the 1930's.

Bought the movie because the idea of William Mapother, Clancy Brown, and Doug Hutchison together in a Horror Western seemed too incredible to pass up.

If anyone's interested, here's The Burrowers trailer:

I'll have to check out the other 2, but I totally enjoyed THE BORROWERS>

The Burrowers is effective. Great cast. The director (JT) is a talented guy. And a good enough guy to know and be okay knowing that we were filming a movie in his apartment, with a shower scene that involved my character... pleasuring himself.

There's a lil bonus trivia nugget for ya!

The Burrowers is effective. Great cast. The director (JT) is a talented guy. And a good enough guy to know and be okay knowing that we were filming a movie in his apartment, with a shower scene that involved my character... pleasuring himself.

There's a lil bonus trivia nugget for ya!

What the?!

Scandalous nugget, indeed! ;)

But I digress from a Shattered Hand, sorry ...

What the?!

Scandalous nugget, indeed! ;)

But I digress from a Shattered Hand, sorry ...

Right, yes, focus. Shattered Hand! I wish for it to be.

Guest AdminGuyX

John Ford. It does my old soul good to hear you invoke the name of John Ford. I wish I'd of known that at I-Con. I'd of engaged you in some discussion about John Ford films. I LOVE his films.

I know Tim Burton tried to make a movie of the novel The Hawkline Monster a few years back, and I seem to remember Eastwood being "attached" to it. Never happened obviously. I have a dirt old paperback of it, even says "gothic western" on the thing.

Love the idea of a gothic western (still gutted Deadwood was canceled in it's prime), but seriously, that's one hell of a title to try market (remember how few people went to see The Shawshank Redemption because of the title, despite the fact that it's one of the best movies ever!

Besides, is it just me or does the title sound more like the name of a 1970's kung fu movie?

Well, I was really looking forward to this before but with the recent headshot news here's hoping we'll see this sooner. We need maybe three more Tom Jane's to get all the cool stuff he's got cooking to make it all the way to our monitors and screens!

Any more news on this TJ?

Got some good news . . . .

A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand is currently in the arms of someone trying to get us money to make it ;)

I gotta tell ya, it's one of the best scripts I've ever read.

Great story with riveting characters. Some larger than life ;)

This is one we'd all be working on at RAW. Completely developed by Tom thus far (with a little help from his friends).

As of now, Tom plans to direct.

But TJ ain't dumb. If Frank Darabont or someone like him decides he/she wants in, TJ will likely step aside and only PRODUCE like a director.

Honestly though, I see this film as a great choice for Tom to direct. I think he could really shine here.

Wish us luck on gettin' the dough to make it!

More as this unfolds.

- TB

A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand is currently in the arms of someone trying to get us money to make it ;)

This is one we'd all be working on at RAW. Completely developed by Tom thus far (with a little help from his friends).

But TJ ain't dumb. If Frank Darabont or someone like him decides he/she wants in, TJ will likely step aside and only PRODUCE like a director.

Honestly though, I see this film as a great choice for Tom to direct. I think he could really shine here.

More as this unfolds.

- TB

Oh that is just FUCKING AWESOME......

More as this unfolds.

- TB

GOOD LUCK! Got my fingers crossed (and other stuff as well! :blink: ) that you get the Pesos together for this one. And if you are casting any old scruffy western types with long hair, bald heads and a fully developed handsome beard??? Then I'd love a crack at an audition!....Good luck! There ain't never enough westerns!