sidewaysgaze

I Melt With You

Here's the info; not sure what the official word is. If anyone has the real scoop, please post:

"INDUSTRY BITS: With "Entourage" and "Hung" production wrapping for their respective seasons, stars Jeremy Piven and Thomas Jane are gearing up for filmmaker Mark Pellington's "I Melt With You" — and what a movie it sounds like it is bound to be.

Pellington, who is known for his work with bands from U2 and Nine Inch Nails to Bruce Springsteen, is also the director of such spine-tingling fare as Richard Gere's "The Mothman Prophecy" and the Jeff Bridges-Tim Robbins suspense thriller, "Arlington Road."

His latest foray into the big-screen scene is being described as "an exciting low budget artistic, almost experimental film" and also as "an explosive dark ugly piece of work about men and a promise made and fulfilled.""

http://www.jaxobserver.com/2010/07/09/lind...me-says-expert/

Jen

This sounds great.

I really love Jeremy Piven. It would be interesting seeing him play off of our man Tom.

The link takes me to an article about Lindsay Lohan. :)

The part about TJ is at the bottom of the page. You have to scroll down to it.

The part about TJ is at the bottom of the page. You have to scroll down to it.

I thought I was in the wrong place until I realized I had to scroll down to get to it. Tom's part should've been at the top.

According to Hollywood.com, TJ is an executive producer on this movie. That's cool.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Jeremy_Piven...ith_You/7013305

That is very awesome. Plus, I love how they're making it for under a million. That always impresses me.

Here's another article:

http://screenrant.com/thomas-jane-jeremy-p...ou-niall-68602/

I am really getting excited for this movie.

Rob Lowe joins the cast. Yay!

http://www.thewrap.com/deal-central/column...-thriller-19370

Definitely looking forward to this. Great cast and a capable director. Nice to see Mr. Jane involved in something more dramatic and not action/sci-fi oriented (even though I loved Dark Country, Mutant Chronicles and Give'em Hell Malone!).

Wow! That was intense! Thanks for sharing that. Definitely looks interesting. And darker than anything we've ever seen TJ in. Can't wait to see it.

HOT DAMN! That clip was excellent. I'm feeling REALLY good about this one. Let's keep our fingers crossed that shooting goes well, post-production doesn't get screwed, and that distribution is fair & equitable. Would love to see this get good reviews @ Sundance and other prominent festivals.

http://vimeo.com/9419441

A little video preview here.

Thanks for finding that. Man, oh man. That clip is sooooooooooooo great! I really love seeing Tom have that look. This movie has officially topped my Must-See list. Tom deserves many, many awards just for that clip alone! I hope he gets them, too. I could definitely see I Melt With You receiving all sorts of acclaim from the film festivals; I'd love to have this movie be the next big thing on the Indie scene.

I actually hadn't watched it yet when I posted that (which I would love to lie and say I searched tirelessly for, but I found it as a link in one of the other links here).

I highly recommend anybody to watch The Mothman Prophecies, one of my favourite supernatural thrillers, to see what Mark Pellington is capable of doing. I'll be eagerly waiting to see any new updates on the film.

I really liked Henry Poole Is Here, but that's the only Mark Pellington film I've seen. I wanted to see U2 3D, but it never played in any theaters near me.

I really liked Henry Poole Is Here, but that's the only Mark Pellington film I've seen. I wanted to see U2 3D, but it never played in any theaters near me.

I liked Henry Poole Is Here as well, and was sorry to see it described as little seen.

I liked Henry Poole Is Here as well, and was sorry to see it described as little seen.

I know. A lot of great movies go unnoticed. I'm really hoping the same won't be said about this one.

That clip knocked me on my ass. Awesome. It's moving and the split screen, IMO, really amplifies the dialogue. Tom knocks it out of the park. Looking forward to it. Even though Jeremy Piven is in it.

Here's some new news. Sasha Grey might be joining the cast.

Also, according to the article the movie is going to deal with, "Four college friends reuniting because of a death/murder pact". Interesting, if true.

Here's some new news. Sasha Grey might be joining the cast.

Also, according to the article the movie is going to deal with, "Four college friends reuniting because of a death/murder pact". Interesting, if true.

According to a write-up of the RAW Studios panel at SDCC, it looks like the plot is correct. In the article, Tom is quoted as saying: " "That last bit, 'I Melt With You,' is a film we're going to shoot in a few months about four college buddies who decide to kill each other." Not a comedy for the whole family, as Jane described it. "

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27588

Jen