Sign in to follow this  
ReCoil

Thomas Jane playing Miley Cyrus's father in LOL

Source

and now I'm going to get the stink-eye from people, when they see me going to a Miley Cyrus movie. <_<

ps. Ashley Green. Hawt.

I bet that makes Harlow happy.

It doesn't sound like he has a very big role, but maybe he'll have two or three good scenes.

Just so long as he doesn't wear his hair like Billy Ray.

I wasn't happy when I found out about it. Come on, Tom! Seriously? Why?

Harlow is the only reason I can think of. I was hoping I could avoid all of Miley Cyrus's movies. Guess not.

I'll see it for Tom. But I still think he has some explaining to do. ;)

I wasn't happy when I found out about it. Come on, Tom! Seriously? Why?

Harlow is the only reason I can think of. I was hoping I could avoid all of Miley Cyrus's movies. Guess not.

I'll see it for Tom. But I still think he has some explaining to do. ;)

Really?

I think it's a great idea. A whole new audience will be exposed to his screen presence. His last two flicks have gone straight to video and he's on a show on HBO that I haven't seen yet because I don't get HBO. HBO may be peachy, but it is a limited audience. A project with a more diverse audience is wonderful. Don't forget that a lot of those girls that see the movie will be going with their Moms. Gotta give the Mom something worth the ticket price. :)

Really?

I think it's a great idea. A whole new audience will be exposed to his screen presence. His last two flicks have gone straight to video and he's on a show on HBO that I haven't seen yet because I don't get HBO. HBO may be peachy, but it is a limited audience. A project with a more diverse audience is wonderful. Don't forget that a lot of those girls that see the movie will be going with their Moms. Gotta give the Mom something worth the ticket price. :)

I know. I know. I'm all for Tom getting a new audience. But at the same time, is that really an audience he wants?

Do you think parents will ask, "Who played Miley's father?" I don't know. It could be good. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

I can already picture a young girl approaching Tom and saying, "You're from that Miley movie."

I know. I know. I'm all for Tom getting a new audience. But at the same time, is that really an audience he wants?

Do you think parents will ask, "Who played Miley's father?" I don't know. It could be good. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

I can already picture a young girl approaching Tom and saying, "You're from that Miley movie."

I'm guessing pretty much ANY audience is a wanted audience.

Let me make it clear that I am not a Miley fan, but she is a small part of the entertainment establishment in Nashville. I'm not much into Country music, but since I live just outside of Nashville, it's difficult to avoid hearing about it in the news. If TJ is still interested in doing the Glen Sherley biopic, being in the Miley-sphere, could be helpful.

And whether you like it or not, this flick will be on a big screen near you.

aw gawd...I pride myself for never having seen 1 second of anything Miley has ever done...I wonder if I can time going to take dumps and popcorn calls to her on screen appearences...maybe my wife can text me...nope, I don't text...shit, I got to sort this out...

Supposedly the source for this is The Hollywood Reporter, which has been known to get things wrong many a time, and supposedly Tom is "in talks" for this U.S. remake of the French film LOL (What's with all the U.S.remakes of almost always superior original films?!), so who knows if Tom will even end up being in this movie... The casting for this sounds pretty craz-ee:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...f33fd1c1652a7f8

and

"... Jane will be Cyrus' father."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100630/ten-u...ne-5fdf947.html

and

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/30/ashley-g...ley-cyrus-film/

Jen

I'm not a Miley fan, but I don't hate her, either.

I just don't think it will feel like a Tom Jane movie. Then, again, I love when actors go out of their element. Some even pull it off, and I know Tom can.

I'm glad to hear it isn't official, though. But if it happens, I'll go see it without a question.

At least, Tom isn't being cast in a new Twilight movie. ;)

I think most of us are in agreement about Miley, however, I'm sure if this goes through, TJ will be able to play it right. If you read the imdb page on the French version, it looks like the mom is having an affair w/ the ex - so that would mean Tom & Demi in lots of scenes together. That can't be bad for publicity & Demi is pretty shrewd in that dept.

What I'm stuck on is a proper analogy. I'm trying to think of any other viable (read: hot-for-their-time) male actors who were cast as Dads in kid/teen films and survived. Paper Moon, perhaps? Parent Trap w/ Haley Mills & Brian Keith? There's also Patrick McGoohan who played the dad in Three Lives of Thomasina, he went on to do the Prisoner.

But then again, none of these films were marketed to the deep fare-the-well that you know a Miley product will be. Exposure is a double-edged sword but that's why agents are often lawyers.

TJ told me that he IS really doing this one for Harlowe, she's a huge Miley fan, she's 6 or 7 so ya can't blame her ;)

They are shooting in Detroit like mucho pronto.

Demi Moore is playing Tom's wife and we LOVE her for another of our projects so let's hope Tom can work the magic ;)

- tB

Since Tom's doing it for his daughter, then that's sweet. Now, I'm all for it.

Tom should have no problem winning Demi over. But I bet Ashton Kutcher is jealous. B)

Tom should play Ashton's father in a film Since Demi is playing Jane's wife :lol:

I shouldn't be cracking such jokes, I prefer to date older women actually

TJ told me that he IS really doing this one for Harlowe, she's a huge Miley fan, she's 6 or 7 so ya can't blame her ;)

They are shooting in Detroit like mucho pronto.

Demi Moore is playing Tom's wife and we LOVE her for another of our projects so let's hope Tom can work the magic ;)

- tB

I pretty much figured that, well that or the script was really, really funny.

ok...but I'm gonna wear sunglasses a big brimmed hat and some of that nasty spray-on hair color so no one will know it's me when I go....

ok...but I'm gonna wear sunglasses a big brimmed hat and some of that nasty spray-on hair color so no one will know it's me when I go....

LOL that is too funny! :lol:

LOL is in production according to this site:

http://ramascreen.com/lol-starts-production/

Jen

Yep, there have been "extras" casting calls posted up on all the Michigan acting sites.