Guest AdminGuyX

Mad Max: Fury Road

Wow. I'm a fan of both Renner and Hardy. But I think Hardy might be too bad ass for the role as Max. He would prolly fit even better as a main villain or something. And then with Renner as Max? Perfect. :)

Cool to see this is finally happening. I kind of hope Mel does come back. It’s an iconic character and it would be interesting to see where Max has ended up after 30 years in the wasteland. I’m slightly hopeful now that Miller hasn’t completely ruled out Gibson’s return to the role like he did a few years ago.

So apparently Mel may be in the movie, Miller has said he hasn't made any definite casting decisions yet, so it's still a possibility.

Doing this film would put Mel back in form. He's been out of the game for too long, he needs something to really cement the fact that he is still a bad MF ;)

I know he's got a few projects in the pipeline, but all I really want is to see Mel back as Max.

So the word going around the web today is that Miller is actually shooting two Mad Max movies over the course of a year.

Hmm Scott is doing two Alien Prequels, they wanna do two Hobbit films and Miller wants two Mad Max sequels/reboot films (if that's true)...

"Better twice than not at all" I guess ^^

Tom Hardy interview:

http://www.collider.com/2010/06/26/tom-har...-george-miller/

Two Mad Max's would be great, but I'm still sold on Hardy as Max. Should've gone with Mel, or at the very least Jermey Renner. As long as it's donw a dirty like the originals, I'm still game. As soon as I see lots of CG, count me out.

Guest AdminGuyX

Well, maybe I'm crazy, but I'm ready to see what Miller has cooked up without Mel. If Mel isn't interested in returning to the role, hey, lets get rolling without him and try to embrace it. That's not the attitude I always have about such things, but it's my feeling here.

It's going to be hard to accept another actor in the the leather and leg brace, but maybe Hardy will make it happen.

Hardy is one of those actors that can transform with each role.

so now everyone has seen the hardy pic as max what do you think? i love it! hope this movie really kicks ass! the only way it could be better is if tom jane was playing max. about ten years ago i wrote a story idea of a movie crossover...mad max vs the terminator! this at the time when either franchise wasn't moving forward. still think it's a great idea...if nothing else one great comicbook!

looking forward to this film.

I just wanna see Tom Hardy... :P No, actually, I've seen all the other films, so I want to see how this one lines up against the others.

Jen

the thing that is pissing me off the most is that there is no promo! is george miller a dick? give the fans something! ya know most of the people in their 20s that i know don't even know what mad max was?! it was almost 30yrs since the last film! start pricking some ears up george and give us a peek!!!

The new Max pic is pretty good. I have to admit, I was hesitant at first. I wanted Mel, but when they passed on him, it came down to Hardy and Jermey Renner. I was pulling for Renner. Hardy looks good though.

they are releasing the first 3 films in a blu ray set this june...why to i think we won't see a fury road teaser/or traier til then.

They've done it in the past (Robert Rodriguez's El Mariachi films) where the older films are re-released with the "First Look" at the new film. I could see that happening. I love my Mad Max dvd, but need to get it on Blu Ray. One of the classics.

Mad Max was one of my early favorites, even with the dubbing.

I will also never forget: Being petite and wrongly assuming she looked younger than I did, my friend shoved me up to the ticket counter to buy our tickets to see The Road Warrior.

A baby-faced fourteen (I think I was decked out in a flower print skirt, semi Laura Ashley mode as well ?!) and stuttering in my braces to say "si-seventeen", nearly saying "sixteen" by mistake, the chick glared at me as she dispensed our tickets.

But we made it. And I loved it.

That's right, never get between me and Max, be-yotch! ;)

(And now I'm really wondering how I got in to sweat through Halloween II .... ? Anywho)

I'm looking very much forward to the future installments of all things Max, especially with George Miller at the helm.

oh my god! where have I been! why didn't anyone tell me about this....that it was out!!! the teaser for the mad max video game! check it out at www.madmaxgame.com.

The site is not coming up for me, but there are a lot of screen shots online already. Now I might have to buckle down and buy an Xbox. I still have a PS2. This is news to me, I thought it was scrapped. The last news I heard was way back when they were still talking of having Mel in Fury Road and that the game would be a bridge, with Mel doing Max's voice. I hope they get him to do the voice in the game.

last word I heard the company making the game bought the rights and there will be a string of games! they will cover all films made and other tales. Gibson doing the voice would be a cherry on top