Guest AdminGuyX

I sincerely doubt they will be snapping batman's spine, or putting Brady in a muscle suit. I certainly hope not anyway. Can't say that would interest me much.

I wonder, given the storyline they went with in Begins, if they will use Bane as the heir to Ra's al Ghul and the league of assassins as they kind of did in the books. They may also follow the story where Bane thinks he and Bruce Wayne have the same father. Heck, maybe both.

I have to admit, I like Hathaway as Selina Kyle. I think that's interesting and inspired casting.

Bane has had a sketchy go of it in the comics. For the most part I like him when he's used intelligently. Hardy is awesome though and I have no doubt, after thinking Heath ledger as the Joker was not exactly inspired casting until I was knocked on my ass, picking my teeth up out of the dirt by his perfomance, that Nolan will pull something great out of him.

As far as Hathaway, well, I think Nolan's on screen portrayals of women could use a little spicing up. And catwoman is, if nothing else, sexy as hell.

Not because of the costume, (but c'mon, it sure helps), but because of her confidence, her sheer boldness to stand up to the Bat on every level, and I don't know if you'll get that out of Hathaway.

I understand he won't want to go for the campy over the topness of Newmar and Eartha Kitt(both of whom I love) but Catwoman has always traditionally been a very Mae West type of character. Not taking any crap from men or society in any way.

I would go with a more cerebral Catwoman, obviously she would have to be his equal on certain levels and she would have to occasionally show she enjoys being his equal and show him, even if in just a subtle way, she knows and enjoys it.

And I've not seen all of Hathaway's performances but from what I have seen there hasn't been anything that leads me to believe she could deliver something like that.

She's certainly a gorgeous girl.

Nolan had Maggie Gyllenhall. in my opinion, not a classicly gorgeous woman but she can certainly be a sexy, interesting, very attractive woman when she wants to be, and we saw none of that in DK. Granted maybe the role didn't call for it, she was following Katie Holmes, maybe there was a continuity thing there I don't know.

Even Scarlet Johanson in Prestige, ok, but not as sexy as we know she could be, and probably should have been in that role.

Regardless, just my opinion, Nolan is awesome. Easily at the top of my list, I'll see anything he does but a little lingering on the ladies in his flicks, for me, would be great.

Leo DiCaprio's crazy chick in Inception was a step up but she was crazy. Crazy is always sexy until the police show up.

I have mixed feelings about Hathaway playing Catwoman. Too early to call her a good or bad choice; I'll say she's an interesting one. But not sure if her name would've even come up had she not been so popular during award season.

The more I think of Bane as the villain the more I like it. When he’s used well in the comics he’s great, and with Tom Hardy you know you’re going to get something special. Plus it’s a character that’s a little outside the box for Nolan, which I like. And it’ll be real interesting to see how they pull him off visually.

Hathaway wouldn’t have been my first pick for Catwoman but she’s done good work in the past, Bride Wars notwithstanding: P

The Bane comics, the titles escape me, but the one's that tell his origin, growing up that prison, those are really good and Bane when he's treated like the driven angry bastard, an almost Dark batman, those books I like. When he's just a muscle head or a goofball, I don't care for him.

News just popped up that Joseph Gordon Levitt will be appearing in the flick. As who? Rumors have bounced around that he could play Robin, Riddler and even The Joker. I don't think any of the above, but who?

I'm more curious in which '80s B-list actor gambit he's going to pull on this one. I mean so far he's had Rutger Hauer, Eric Roberts, Tom Berenger and Anthony Michael Hall in his movies.

he says he weighs 12 stone right now which is only 168 pounds.... gaining another 30 isn't sufficient enough. they shoulda put him in a muscle suit..... not a cheesy muscle suit, but one to make the muscles look real enough

Well, this is going to be Nolan's take on Bane, so I think it's safe to say it's not going to look like Bane from the comics.

Be that as it may be, I hope it's not something that's just like Bane by character name and nothing else you know?

-Raf

Be that as it may be, I hope it's not something that's just like Bane by character name and nothing else you know?

-Raf

I don't really care, it's the performance and the character mythos that matter not that he is roided out. But again, I don't really care for the Bane character.

I always assumed they'd reboot the series after the next film (Bale and Nolan have made it pretty clear they'd only stick around for 3 films) but you'd think WB would at least wait until the film came out before announcing a reboot. The body’s not even cold yet!

For me I think it would be interesting if they waited a few years for Bale to age and then tackled The Dark Knight Returns. That’s a story I’d love to see told on the big screen. But I doubt they’d let the franchise sit still for a decade or so to allow that to happen, which is fair enough too.

It's way too soon! They're going to have people wondering who else can play Batman before Christian Bale gets to even start filming his final.

Guess I better start working on a reboot of the next new reboot. ;)

This one has me really wondering where they are going to go. Nolan has done his fair share of films that don't end on a happy note. It's no secret that the series is getting re-booted. I wonder if they decided this before of after Nolan started working on the script? I could see this not ending well for Batman, and that alone really makes me want to see this. There is an element of real danger. I wonder if WB has the balls to let someone kill off Batman?

This one has me really wondering where they are going to go. Nolan has done his fair share of films that don't end on a happy note. It's no secret that the series is getting re-booted. I wonder if they decided this before of after Nolan started working on the script? I could see this not ending well for Batman, and that alone really makes me want to see this. There is an element of real danger. I wonder if WB has the balls to let someone kill off Batman?

Nolan wrote it as is it were the end of the character, so it's the end in the truest sense of the word.