Sign in to follow this  
mediumfan

Ask Tim

Is there any movement on The Devil's Commandos? I want that movie yesterday.

You and me both, Padre ;)

We haven't gone out with it yet.

We're working on some internal issues.

The minute I can say anything more YOU KNOW I'll bring everyone up to speed.

Thanks for the question.

- Tim

I'm not current on a 3-hour cut. Maybe I was aware of this at one time but the intel has slipped my overburdened gulliver.

I could confirm easily enough with a quick message to Hensleigh or Tom, and will endeavor to.

I've never hear TJ complain about stuff that was left out of the film so I'm not sure the missing footage would be earth-shattering or not.

Let me see what I can discover.

The 2004 film has a solid following so maybe, just maybe one day Hensleigh will get his director's day in court with a definitive director's cut.

He was involved and approved the EXTENDED cut but there still exists no DIRECTOR'S cut on the market.

If nothing's going to happen with the character for a while on film then maybe we'll see a BluRay director's cut in the future.

- TB

Cool, I know it's from IMDb, which is not exactly credible, but I'm interested in finding out if there is any truth to it.

Digg the new Judge Dredd poster!!!

Especially as Dredd is one of two comics (the other being Conan) I possibly enjoy even more than The Punisher, it is really cool to finally see some class Dredd poster art!

Q: Does your contractor want any more images in the future?

For instance one with a certain actor which vague rumours would have it might be attached behind the helmet for the upcoming movie?

Norse!

That one piece is it for now but I have a feeling I'll be doing more ;)

xo - TB

Aw, you remember me!

You'll be glad to know the poster Jeri had you sign for me at comic con is proudly on my wall, where it forever shall remain!

I left all boards where Punisher discussion might come up a week or so prior to the opening of PWZ - as I myself wouldn't see it for a long, long time yet, not being located in the US.

But few things will make me come back here as much as a kickass poster promoting another character I love every bit as much!

Fingers crossed the vague casting rumors I've heard for JD are true, so that for the next poster you'll be using a more familiar model to this board for the jawline...

Fingers crossed the vague casting rumors I’ve hard for JD are true, so that for the next poster you’ll be using a more familiar model to this board for the jawline…

What exactly are those casting rumors? I've found nothing on that front.

What exactly are those casting rumors? I've found nothing on that front.

Those rumors are hard to find because they only appeared where hardcore Dredd fans fare, and they are also very hearsay in nature and should as such be taken with a massive grain of salt. I'd rather not say too much for fear of spreading rumors that may not have any credibility to them (but I sure hope they do, cause he'd be awesome in the role). But if you read between the lines of my above posts...

what are you currently working on is there anything coming out soon that you have callaborated on?

especially enjoyed your punisher work thomas jane as nick fury was genius thats a film i would definetly like to see.

Here's a question for you, Tim- how do you go about starting a story and/or drawing it? Do you write it out first and develop the characters/backstory, etc.? Or do you just start drawing? Do you have an idea and just start drawing it? I have a kind of crazy idea for a comic and am wondering how to begin to work it out as I've never tried it before.

I have a question for you. Were can I get one of those t-shirts that I saw Mr. Jane wearing that says Who Are All these weirdos.

Mr. Bradstreet I was wondering if you could do me a favor. There is a guy on tom's fan facebook page that posted a very disturbing photo and it was very upsetting to look at. It was a photo of a little boy who was shot and killed by the Israili military. I was very shocked and very upset to see this. Can you possibly let tom know about this. :( :(

Hi Tim, is it true you're working on a cover for John Carpenter's Asylum? And if so, did you get to meet the great man himself?

Tim,

What are your thoughts on the fact that HELLBLAZER, sadly, is officially gone. And has been rebooted in a younger form? I've been a fan for quite awhile, and have read the NEW 52 bits. They're aren't too bad. I... Vampire has a true spark to it, especially with how Constantine is intertwined. It just isn't the same.

Jim

Joyce - It's been a while since you posted, I looked around on TJ's page and didn't see it. If it's still there somewhere let me know.

PADRE! - It is true ;) I did meet the man, albeit briefly at dinner. John's lady, Sandy King Carpenter is one of my pals and favorite peeps. I was supposed to do a cover for #1 but had some family issues and fallout from all that has pushed my issue or issues back to after issue 3. Stay tuned!! Very excited about this. Hooked Sandy up with Leo Manco, my former partner in crime on HELLBLAZER to do interior art and it's AMAZING. Awesome book with story by Thomas Ian Griffith, Sandy King Carpenter, with script by our own BRUCE JONES!!!

JAMES!! - Dude! Good to see you here! Hellblazer won't be the same (which is to say a book worth checking out) until we get the snarky sonovabitch back to VERTIGO, or back to his 'ol self, anyways.

Not sure WHAT DC's angle on doing what they're doing to him must have been, but it ain't for me. Only thing I can compare it to is back in the late 80's, Jim Shooter wanted to take Shang Chi and turn him into a super-hero Ninja . . . Consequently, the great talent they had on the book got the fuck out (Doug Moench and Gene Day), jumped ship to DC to take over DETECTIVE. Sadly, Gene Day passed away before he got an issue in - at the age of 32.

Part of me still blames Shooter. So yeah, YUCK.

;)

- TB

Joyce - It's been a while since you posted, I looked around on TJ's page and didn't see it. If it's still there somewhere let me know.

PADRE! - It is true ;) I did meet the man, albeit briefly at dinner. John's lady, Sandy King Carpenter is one of my pals and favorite peeps. I was supposed to do a cover for #1 but had some family issues and fallout from all that has pushed my issue or issues back to after issue 3. Stay tuned!! Very excited about this. Hooked Sandy up with Leo Manco, my former partner in crime on HELLBLAZER to do interior art and it's AMAZING. Awesome book with story by Thomas Ian Griffith, Sandy King Carpenter, with script by our own BRUCE JONES!!!

JAMES!! - Dude! Good to see you here! Hellblazer won't be the same (which is to say a book worth checking out) until we get the snarky sonovabitch back to VERTIGO, or back to his 'ol self, anyways.

Not sure WHAT DC's angle on doing what they're doing to him must have been, but it ain't for me. Only thing I can compare it to is back in the late 80's, Jim Shooter wanted to take Shang Chi and turn him into a super-hero Ninja . . . Consequently, the great talent they had on the book got the fuck out (Doug Moench and Gene Day), jumped ship to DC to take over DETECTIVE. Sadly, Gene Day passed away before he got an issue in - at the age of 32.

;)

- TB

Never mind it is not there any more. But thanks. And yes I know I wasn't on here for a little awhile but I had to have surgery done to remove 2 kidney stones lodged in my tubes and it took me some time to recover. And I am glad you are back. :)

Glad you're OK!

I just meant your post was a while ago and I've been off-line and under the radar since March so because I was tardy in answering the question I figured the offensive pic may have been taken down a while ago.

Thanks for letting us know!

Even though I missed seeing your post initially there are folks here who would get word to us through other means when it concerns stuff like that.

So I figure word got to TJ somehow ;)

Kidney Stones! AHHG!

;)

- tb

Glad you're OK!

I just meant your post was a while ago and I've been off-line and under the radar since March so because I was tardy in answering the question I figured the offensive pic may have been taken down a while ago.

Thanks for letting us know!

Even though I missed seeing your post initially there are folks here who would get word to us through other means when it concerns stuff like that.

So I figure word got to TJ somehow ;)

Kidney Stones! AHHG!

;)

- tb

Thanks Tim, And ahhg is not the word for it more like I thought I was dying. Never want to feel that kind of pain again. :)

Very cool :). I'd love to meet him myself someday. I picked up the first issue of Asylum a few weeks back. It has some interesting characters and really beautiful artwork. The only thing missing was a new Carpenter score.

Indeed! We'll try and get him rolling on that. I agree. That book needs it's own score - Limited edition CD's pressed into the TRADE EDITION ;)

- TB

Hey Tim have a question for ya. Is Tom ever going to come back on the forum, Kind of miss seeing his posts on here. I understand he is busy but it would be nice to hear from him on here once in awhile. And no I am not complaining just saying. :rolleyes:

;)

- TB

I haven't read the new CONSTANTINE comics brought on by THE NEW 52. Though, I have checked out JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, and all I can truly say is that making JOHN CONSTANTINE a young chap with a lot of snazzy dialogue mixed with magic has me coming back to see what happens next. This is mainly due to the fact that they have an ensemble cast in the mix for him to interact with. It is worth a look if not for the artwork alone.

Alright, another question. I might have asked it before, but I've always been a big fan of the people you get to model for your covers (I've always wanted to be involved in that) and was wondering how one goes about getting that gig. How do you pick the people, and is it like a right place/right time sort of thing? Because if that is the case then name the time/place and I am most certainly there. :D

-JIM