Rosella

What Do You Do???

I know many RAW members have introduced themselves already, however I don't know what all of your jobs are.

I want to know what RAW members do as a profession. What are your careers? Or what are you wanting your careers to be?

I work LONG hard hrs and don't get paid near enough for it....I call it working for the Air Force. LOL

I'm a nightclub bouncer and have 3 certifications in personal training that I do not make use of. I'm also an actor trying to be a great success in the industry.

I miserably go to school majoring in Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice and I will likely have nothing to do with this degree.... it's my forth major. It's also probably gonna take me about 7 years to get this damn associates cuz I hate it. Pathetic aint it? lol

What do the rest of you guys and gals do? Indieflick wat about u?

-Raf

I was a plant manager/production manager in the manufacturing industry here in Michigan...since there s no longer a manufacturing industry here in Michigan, I have since tried my hand as a small business owner (did I mention how business is here in michigan?) I am making some cash but barely hanging on to the small business. I have had to pick up some extra work so I went back to my 1st job, I ever had when I got out of high school in 1975. Working with developementally disabled adults. I am currently the home manager for a group home in Washington township. The work is amazing, I love it more than anything I've ever done. But the hours are long and the pay is crap...so I have worked very hard at trying to make some extra cash with art work...it's kinda funny, I never thought, (still don't) that my stuff was really good enough to make some cash...but I am...It's an amazing world.

I cook at my family's restaurant (Mason's Steakhouse), while attempting to get a foot in the door of the comic industry.

I'm currently working on adapting my crazy Abraham Lincoln character, cowriting it with Justin Woolley. I also do gag strips with my friend John See. I'm also attempting to convince another friend of mine into letting me adapt one of her short stories into a graphic novel. That's an attempt to show I can do serious subject matters with character development, instead of just talking cakes and wacko Lincoln.

Indieflick wat about u?

-Raf

I'm working on becoming an actress, writer, and director of my own films. (Isn't everyone?) I'm currently working on 18 scripts. After I finish them, I'm going to do a film school program.

Raffi, I wish you luck in becoming a successful actor. Have you had any acting jobs, yet?

Thanks indieflick - this is a good idea!

I'm an archaeologist/techno-geek for the state of Nevada. I've worked in a lot of museums with artifacts, bones, & paper but I always preferred working w/ technology - mapping equipment, remote sensing tools, databases, etc. I did my time out in the field, excavating in Israel, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Georgia & New Mexico.

The life of a non-academic archaeologist is not all that romantic, especially now that I work in a state office - lot of bureaucracy. But my office strives to do a public good, nominating buildings and sites to the National Register, saving archaeological sites when we can, & generally reminding the public of our shared history. Even though I have a furlough day once a month and know that more furlough days are looming ahead, I'm grateful to have a steady job.

If any of the RAW family is ever planning a visit to Nevada and is looking for cool, unusual things to do (i.e. NOT gambling or getting blitzed out of your mind) get in touch w/ me.

Raffi, I wish you luck in becoming a successful actor. Have you had any acting jobs, yet?

I've had some jobs to put on a resume. A webisodic series being one of them. I recently have been cast in a supporting role for an independent feature film that the producer is trying to have picked up by a major television channel (Lifetime, ABC, UPN).... it's got a dramatic storyline similar to that of many Lifetime movies you would see.

I have an audition for a short film tomorrow and I will have other auditions coming up. Hugh Jackman has a film coming here to Detroit and I'm going to try and get an audition for that. I also had an audition for Days of Our Lives but there were hundreds of males and females auditioning and only one role was cast.

Thanks for wishing me luck. Good luck to you as well darlin!

gag strips with my friend John See.

I love the name of your series, Banana Vs. Apple. Very clever. Opey the Warhead looks a lot like something else. Makes me think you should create a character called Carmine the Condom!! :lol:

Thanks indieflick - this is a good idea!

You're most welcome. I thought it'd be fun and interesting.

I recently have been cast in a supporting role for an independent feature film that the producer is trying to have picked up by a major television channel (Lifetime, ABC, UPN).... it's got a dramatic storyline similar to that of many Lifetime movies you would see.

I have an audition for a short film tomorrow

Thanks for wishing me luck. Good luck to you as well darlin!

If the show gets picked up, I'll watch it. As for your audition you have for the short film, I hope you get the part.

And thanks for wishing me luck as well. :)

I am a lifelong Martial Artist. My Father taught and he started teaching me when I was Five. I started with tang Soo Do, recieved my Black Belt at the age of thirteen, at a time when kids were not being handed Black Belts like they're happy meals and the only protective gear we wore was a cup.

At odds with my Father I went on to train in Ninjutsu (the teenage thing to do at the time.), Wing Chun (thank you for the inspiration Bruce and Shaw Bros.), Jeet Kune Do (Bruce again, and the dudes who trained there were just badass'), Shaolin Kempo Kung Fu (in which I recieved another black belt in), Boxing, Krav Maga (Israeli Military Fighting. I trained under many different teachers in many different schools.). I am currently still training in Krav Maga (Haganah style) and Jeet Kune Do (Inosanto lineage).

I Started teaching about 17 yrs ago (shit has it been that long?!).

I taught professionally at a number of schools but don't like being taken advantage of, (The head instructor can't pay me enough for even gas to get back and fourth because he and his family need to go to Disney World 4x a year. 4X! Sometimes I wouldnt get paid for months!), or pyramid schemes (some Krav Maga schools I've trained at. "Your certified! By the way, now you'll have to pay us 300.00 a month in order to use our name in your advertising.") so I teach at local Rec centers, a few friends schools, and my own private studio at home.

I also have a personal trainer certification that has done me very little professional good but taught me an awful lot.

In the past I've written for local scene magazines, (CD and show reviews, band interviews and photos. Blind Melon, Motorhead, Wasp, Tesla, Peter Wolf, etc.) and played in a bunch of bands with musical styles ranging from Metal to classic rock and Blues.

My overactive sinus' and allergies and lack of paitence with all my wonderful but wasted friends put an end to my singing days. I still write songs all the time though and still have some friends in the biz.

I tried my hand at acting a few years ago in a NO BUDGET action/ Martial Arts film a friend wrote, directed, starred in, and catered himself. It was a great learning experience and I'll leave it at that.

The film is available on Netflix and Amazon and led to me being offered a few other roles, as a Knight, and later as a cowboy but the funding for both those films never panned out and I have a family to support.

So by day I toil in a manufacturing shop and by night I teach, train, spend time with my family and when the kids are in bed I write my ass off.

I have a couple comics I've written, finally hooked up with an artist who isnt really raping me for the pages and am getting ready to release a action/ espionage comic (with a Gulacy cover!). It's a Deadly Hands/ Richard Dragon type of thing. No Capes.

And like everyone else I have a bunch of unfinished screenplays (The latest being a Rambo/ Billyjack/ Hurt Locker type thing), and a couple loose peices of a novel I started in a Novel Writing class I took last winter and am continuing to bash and bend into shape. (A murder mystery with a Sons of Anarchy type flavor.)

Holy cow, Esco - you're a busy guy!! Cool stuff though!

What's the name of the movie you were in?

So you interviewed Motorhead and the other bands you mentioned? Are the interviews online anywhere? Those would be cool to read! :D

Jen

I wish. The main mag I wrote for was gone before the online thing really caught on and the others, well the stuff is so old I'm sure they wouldnt bother to archive articles about bands like Motorhead, The Throbs, Law and Order, The Four Horsemen, etc.

I'm terrifed to mention the name of the movie I was in. Someone might see it.

Actually I was so burnt in those days it's most likely a blessing those articles are dust. I must have read like an annoying DJ or something.

The Rock City Angels tore down the Tune Inn Sat. night kids! Ripping through their MTV hit Hard to Hold, smashing your face with the ferocity of Wild Tiger and melting your hearts with the Johnny Depp penned Mary. Rock City Angels have put GNR on notice, they're here to stay!

God I need a drink! Just thinking about it!

LOL Thanks for the info! I don't know - I'd still want to read your interviews...

Speaking of what we all do, I wish I was a *paid* music reviewer/interviewer/etc...

Jen

Oh yeah. I never made a dime. Got to party with rock stars though, which was way more important to me at the time.

I am a S.T.N.A which is a nurses assistant. But right now I am taking care of my elderly mother. I live in Ohio in the country. I am a female who is 44yrs.old and my birthday is May,31, 1967.

I am a former model/actress turned Police Officer, now I am studying law and due to graduate next year.. yay.

I live in outback Western Australia with kangaroos in my front yard (yes really haha).

I am a former model/actress turned Police Officer, now I am studying law and due to graduate next year.. yay.

I live in outback Western Australia with kangaroos in my front yard (yes really haha).

Acting....Modeling......Policing.........Kangaroos?.....What an interesting life you're leading! :) It's very nice to know more about you, Davvi74. Thanks for sharing.

You aren't living, until you are living :) My life is one big action/adventure movie lol. I like my peace and quiet, a girly girl mostly, but have that tom-boy edge !

Grew up as a kid hiding under my blankets reading horror/crime comics (loved tales from the crpyt and a few others of which the titles have escaped me) with a torch on so I wouldn't get busted by my parents... :)

You aren't living, until you are living :) My life is one big action/adventure movie lol. I like my peace and quiet, a girly girl mostly, but have that tom-boy edge !

Grew up as a kid hiding under my blankets reading horror/crime comics (loved tales from the crpyt and a few others of which the titles have escaped me) with a torch on so I wouldn't get busted by my parents... :)

"You aren't living, until you are living." -- Well said. & proven. :)

It's nice to have the balance of calm & excitement in life. & yes, you're life definitely has that movie adventure written all over it. ^_^

I am the N733 Ops Analysis Technical Manager for Undersea War-fighting Development Center. So I am a DoD Federal employee. I manage the development and use of Anti-submarine Warfare reconstruction and analysis systems. I can't really say any more than that of course...

Professionally I feel like a fish out of water around here ... or most anywhere or even when I am not being professional <_<

Mike

I am the N733 Ops Analysis Technical Manager for Undersea War-fighting Development Center. So I am a DoD Federal employee. I manage the development and use of Anti-submarine Warfare reconstruction and analysis systems. I can't really say any more than that of course...

Professionally I feel like a fish out of water around here ... or most anywhere or even when I am not being professional <_<

Mike

Wow. That's awesome, Mike! I respect the secrecy. B)

It's cool that we all do different things but share a lot of the same interests (movies & all things TJ mostly but those count). ;)

Wow, what an interesting and diverse bunch we are!  So many of you have such cool lives going on, I won’t even bother to go into mine as it would probably bore you all rigid!  Suffice to say it mostly involves a steady nine to five that pays the bills, never been blessed with any creative flair but I know what I like.   I know some would call me boring but I like to think I’m a ‘good guy’ despite this, fiercely loyal to those who deserve it but don’t waste my time trying to impress those that don’t!! 😉. Love what I’m seeing on here though 😄. Just seen that I’ve been upgraded to Deathspider Embryo - ironic for probably the world’s biggest arachnophobe! x

Not sure if this was a genuine ‘oops’ or a bit of a Freudian one!  Was just having a bit of a play and seem to have adopted a cute pic of Tom to my profile - love this pic but my question is, is it weird to keep it there?  Don’t want y’all thinking I’m a bit strange!!!  🤪