***Caveat: The info below was based on press releases I found online, which may have incorrect info in them. Check the post below from Frottage, who clears up some details about this, like Tom is producing the play, but it's written by WT Underwood and design and artwork will be done by Tim!***

Okay, this is the 1st I've heard of Tom's new venture. Tom, can you spill some details about this?

The horror sites online are all talking about some actor who's in a movie, and that he's in this play "Suckerfish presented by Thomas Jane"...

"Damian Maffei (The upcoming Joe R. Lansdale’s Mister Weed-Eater, Thomas Jane presents Suckerfish, a stage play set for this summer, Ghost Lake)..."

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news_print.php?id=18813

So I did a little digging, online of course, so I don't get my hands dirty, and this is what I could find:

"(actor) Damian (Maffei) is also taking part in the NYC Fringe festival as Hank, the lead in SUCKERFISH,a play written and produced by Thomas Jane (star of HBO's HUNG, THE PUNISHER, THE MIST)."

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:5nKNx...=clnk&gl=us

and

about Nicole Arlyn:

"Some theatre credits include Strindberg’s Miss Julie, Lanford Wilson’s Home Free, Tennessee Williams’ Orpheus Descending, The Smile, John Patrick Shanley’s Savage in Limbo, Thomas Jane’s Suckerfish..."

http://www.nicolearlyn.com/bio/index.html

Any more info about this play - like where and when it will run, how on earth Tom has the time and energy to create a play, what's it's all about - would be much appreciated! :)

Jen

Now he just needs to release an album. :P

Wow, talk about a busy guy!! And well-rounded too! :D Actor/director/comic book creator/writer and now playwright. Way to go, TJ!! Love to hear more about this. Sounds great.

Is there anything this guy can't do? ;)

You're forgetting comic book cover model.

• 2 weeks later...

That portfolio is somewhat true, as Damian will play the lead in a play called Suckerfish, produced by Thomas Jane. But only produced (although Tom may paint sets). Suckerfish was written by some maniac named WT Underwood, and by only the grace of a higher power has he allowed this play to be put on. The portfolio/presskit or whatever it is has been yanked for having incorrect and unnaproved information (amongst many other errors!)

The thing also does not mention another exciting tidbit, which is that the play's design and artwork will be provided by some guy named Tim Bradstreet.

More information will will thrust out as the thing gets closer to go time.

Ahh, so TJ didn't write it, he's just producing it! Got it! So that presskit was wrong. Not really surprising. But it's still cool that he's venturing out and doing this. And Bradstreet's doing the art design! Awesome!! Wish I could see it. Good luck with this, guys!

I found this link to a director for a production company who is tied to Suckerfish and RAW Entertainment. You can check out the message, which clarifies everyone's involvement, here:

" I was lucky enough to meet Mr. Jane recently and he gave to me a one-act play written by one W.T. Underwood which I have submitted to the Fringe Festival NYC. Should we be accepted to the festival Mr. Jane will co-produce along with Damian and me. Tim Bradstreet, Mr. Jane's partner at RAW Studios, has volunteered his remarkable services as production designer. Damian will star, I will direct and Paul Ranieri, will provide original theme music for the show."

http://bellmojo.com/2010/02/08/big-news-be...th-raw-studios/

Jen

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.