Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

I've got a question for Mr. Jane...Are you a fan of Robert DeNiro? He's one of my favorite actors...If so what are some DeNiro movies you liked?

Hey man-

are you Robert Deniro? you are aren't you?

Ha Ha, that's awsome.

I don't see anybody else here. Then who the fuck Am I talkin to? Am I shizo cause I am basically talking to my computer right now and its giving me the silent treatment.

and besides- you can't be Robert Deniro because I am Robert Deniro.

sveinx

Mr. Jane, i was wondering what your thoughts were on the difference between having a membership to a gym and buying equipment for the home. I'm at wits end with Golds gym, for six months now i try my best to work out there and most of the time i have to wait for certain equipment to open. I have thought about quitting Golds and paying a new membership at a smaller place, but before i do that i was wondering if i should just take that money instead and buy equipment for home. Any thoughts on it, working out at home as to working out in a public place.....heck i dont know really, i just thought you might have a tip on that kind of thing. Any idea would be awesome, before i spend more money...thank you sir...oh and any ideas any of your members might have too would be well listened too. thank you.

Mr. Jane, i was wondering what your thoughts were on the difference between having a membership to a gym and buying equipment for the home. I'm at wits end with Golds gym, for six months now i try my best to work out there and most of the time i have to wait for certain equipment to open. I have thought about quitting Golds and paying a new membership at a smaller place, but before i do that i was wondering if i should just take that money instead and buy equipment for home. Any thoughts on it, working out at home as to working out in a public place.....heck i dont know really, i just thought you might have a tip on that kind of thing. Any idea would be awesome, before i spend more money...thank you sir...oh and any ideas any of your members might have too would be well listened too. thank you.

Well I go to aspen gym and find the times that are the slowest. usually in the early morning and 4-7 is the busiet. When you go talk to gyms, ask them how busy they usually are and what times

Paul - You work out at Golds gym which is a VERRRRY popular gym nationwide so lots of customers are gonna be coming in and out of the place. I would suggested working out at an earlier time or a muchhhh later time at Golds. Usually, the earliest hours and latest hours are the least busy. In other words, what Monster said was spot on.

You can also just find another gym that doesn't have a big name but has a wide variety of cardiorespitory and resistance training (weights) equipment. Usually places with small names have cheaper memberships as well.

As for buying equipment at home, I wouldn't recommend it. Sometimes people buy the machines with the multiple stations and combinations for multiple purposes but realistically, you need much more than that. If you want to work on your chest, you need more than just a bench press. If you want to work on your legs, you need more than just a leg press and blah blah blah. You know what I mean. You see all the shit that Golds has to offer over there. Different types of leg presses, different types of bench presses, different types of squat racks and all that good stuff. So really, I would just go and find another gym or like Monster and myself suggested, go early or really late.

-Raffi

Thanks guys for your advice, my schedule makes it hard for me to go early because i have to be at work at 530am but the later might be a good thing, i mean i know i cant be alone in the grief dept when you go to the gym and your in a groove, you have a good burn going, and you loose it because some guy wants to stare at himself for 20 minutes using the weights you need. and golds does an awesome job of making you give your first born just to get out of thier contract. But i read an article about actors working out at home for roles they have to get ready for, and it made me think, why not me too? Anyways, thanks again for the ideas.

I'm guessing the actors who work out at home can afford to put a GYM in their basement lol ;)

Most actors who workout for a role usually have a personal trainer though so I would assume that they do attend a gym outside of their own home.

Hello Mr Thomas Jane ! :)

I finally decided to log in me on this forum (excuse my English very bad, I am French ...). I've discovered you in 2002, and I love your work ! I find it unfortunate that some of your films do not go out in France ("Stander "...), for "Killshot" and "Mutant Chronicles" (that I wait with impatience), we poor french, will probably have not a cinema release, but only one exit dvd...

To each of your benefits, I am dazzled (and you have this incredible intensity in the eyes ...).

I've loved in particular:

- "Deep Blue See" (better than "Jaws" because more fun !)

- "Dreamcatcher" (definitely, I love to see you in adaptations of Stephen King !)

- "Sweetest Thing" (even if it's not my favorite movie)

- "Under Suspicion" (where you are a great surrounded by two legends of American cinema B) )

- "The Punisher" (what a disappointment not to see you in "Punisher 2 "... :( )

- "The Mist" (I am traumatize by the end ... but what prestation ! You have marked me forever !)

and I loved seeing you in "Medium" !

Being a fan of comics, I would have liked to be able to read in french "Bad Planet". Shame that this is not published in France (if it is the case I never found).....

Will you come to Europe one day ? That would be very fantastic ! :)

A big thank you for everything you do,

Aurelia

Thanks Tom. I think it would be fuckin fantastic to see you in a film with Harrison Ford. You remind me of him. You got the rugged good look, great in action films.... things of that sort.

Raffi

I was going to say that the first time I saw you in a cyperpunk film called Nemisis (I was young and into cyperpunk. What can I say...) and later in Deep Blue Sea, I said to myself that guy looks like a young Harrison Ford.

But recent topics... Mutant Chronicles... First I want to say I've pretty much always liked your stuff but I'm a bit worried about MC. I've talked about this in other threads and forums and thought I'd bring it to "straight" to you.

First off... I am a HUGE pulp fan. Always have been always will be. Same goes for Noir. Everything I could get my hand on. Ever since seeing Buster Crabb from back in the day. So far I've REALLY like the look of MC. The "steampunk", the costumes, the characters. However... I'm simply not a mutant (zombie) fan. Sorry. The slicing and dicing... seen it before. And these themes are constantly popping up nowadays. I can't really comment on the story until it comes out. (I know there's a version out there but i read your belly dancer metaphor... )

But I would really like to see backstories and possibly "what then" stories in comicbook format. It's so apparent that all of these characters have a story to tell. Now that is some serious Pulp worth looking into.

Just a thought.

Pretty Cool that u r on the internets Tom. Ne way, was wondering what kinda books u read. I just finished Feast of Snakes by Harry Crews, and thought if someone optioned this (probably Depp or Penn already have), and gets serious about doing it, you need to be in the fucker. At the very least I'd like to see you in some kind of southern gothic/grotesque kind of film where you can play a seriously fucking flawed bastard who comes unhinged or that could potentially link us back to a not too distant fucking past where sharecropping was the order of the day and homemade whiskey the primary anesthetic.

Also curious as to what's on the turntable at yer place? I've got some Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band -Safe as Milk playin at my place.

This is a psuedo- apology that I felt I had to make to Thomas Jane. I tried p.m'ing him so I didn't have to waste forum space but it's deactivated so I'm putting it here.

Hey-

I'm sorry. not really but you know, a little bit. cause I wasn't insulting your wife. There was a communication gap. maybe you should steer clear of my site afterall. you peek in there- you'll have an aneurism. be rest assured- I am not defaming your wife but rather enlighten people to her. Teaching through her. Albiet with a filthy mouth- but personally I have always found classical teachers boring and ineffective- I am experimenting with something different. It really isn't even about Patricia over there- at least to me personally. She's just a device. A piece of chalk for my chalkboard. There's nothing personal about my expletives. so it's not your wife I'm talking about but rather a piece of chalk. i was presumptious and shouldn't have expected you to get it. so before you get people to shut down that site- I want you to know- I actually respect her- more than you'll ever know.

unfortunately.

sorry it had to go down like this. I had no choice. The only thing I regret is disrupting the vibe of your board and I am truly sorry for that. I shouldn't have expected you to get an inside joke before knowing you were on the inside or not. But then again, how else would I have figured it out?

sveinx

p.s. you ever think of turning films into comics.

Guest FADoss

Sveinx,

Probably best just to drop it. I saw the thread you posted and I thought it was WAY off base. You made fun of Tom. You made fun of his wife and then you called them both assholes. Maybe that is your warped sense of humor, but it just ain't funny to some people.

Again, I don't think a pseudo-apology is going to help. Stick around...keep playing with us and maybe all will be forgotten.

Fred

it's all about commitment. i work out at a smaller gym with a good trainer. i find that someone who really knows their shit is perfect for me - i can ask questions and they have done all the homework. i just show up. having a place to go and a time to be there makes it easy to stay committed. and that's the key. regular, methodical commitment. so if you can keep that at home, then go for it. but a small gym offers you much more than the equipment. it gets you out of the house and into a mindset that is pure physicality. there are people there you can put questions to, and that's ALL they do. they love it. so i say use it. and stay away from big gyms unless you wanna pick up girls. T

it's all about commitment. i work out at a smaller gym with a good trainer. i find that someone who really knows their shit is perfect for me - i can ask questions and they have done all the homework. i just show up. having a place to go and a time to be there makes it easy to stay committed. and that's the key. regular, methodical commitment. so if you can keep that at home, then go for it. but a small gym offers you much more than the equipment. it gets you out of the house and into a mindset that is pure physicality. there are people there you can put questions to, and that's ALL they do. they love it. so i say use it. and stay away from big gyms unless you wanna pick up girls. T

This is some really good advice, I have such a hard time getting a proper workout at bigger gyms because the more people there are the less equipment there is available to use...Thats why i either stay at home and use my home gym or do what TJ says and hit up a smaller gym.

Yeah Jane is right about the big gym thing. Not only because of the equipment and what not, but because of the employees too. I'm a personal trainer at Bally Total Fitness, a nation wide gym. The one thing i dislike doing is bothering customers who are trying to focus on working out because we are required to prospect clients. Who wants to be bothered when they're working out? I know I don't but I needed a job and got myself certified and gotta save up some money to get my ass to California and try to make it in the film business.

Anyways.....

Hallo Tom

Do you know when Killshot will come to Europe especially to Germany?

PS:I've seen "The Mutant Chronicles". You played a really tough guy. I think even more brutal than in "The Punisher".

This scene there you shoot one of two guards whose were letting pass the passengers.

You could instead knock 'em. But I guess it wouldnt be cool then.

PS: Will this year any kind trailer or teaser of "The Dark Country" released.

Thanks Mr. Jane for the comment. Ironically i was able to get out of the golds membership sense i posted that question. I'm still on the lookout for a smaller gym in my area, but i believe your right, because being there and not in the house does get me in that mindset of the workout more. Thanks again and thanks to everyone else for thier input.

Would there ever be any chace you would direct or act with your wife? I could really see you two doing a noir film , between your sensablities of the genre and her being a perfect fit for a femme fatal, it would be killer.

Personally, I'm not going in a gym, I do not like to be watching. so I prefer doing at home (and it's free ... lol).

and the guys are often "heavy" in such places... :P lol

Would there ever be any chace you would direct or act with your wife? I could really see you two doing a noir film , between your sensablities of the genre and her being a perfect fit for a femme fatal, it would be killer.

It would have been good to see them together again in "Killshot." :)

But I like Diane Lane, so it's ok.

Good call, J. That would be an awesome flick to see. Thomas, I am so hoping to see you and your wife work together again. I loved seeing you two together in Medium. Any chance of that happening again, or any idea when?

Hiho Tom!

I'm sorry if this was asked before...

I just watched "Under Suspicion" on TV again, great movie! What was it like working with Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman and Monica Bellucci? Any funny anecdotes? :)

Mr. Jane,who were your childhood hero,when you was growing up?Now that you are not playing the Punisher no more,do you ever think about writing your own gritty/crime/action movie?And what is your favorite movie of all time?