Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

Thomas,

I hate to ask a stupid question when you have serious things going on in your life, but I think you are the only clear route to an answer on this question. My wife of fifteen years this monday, is of very similar build to your wife. (5'1", curvy, AKA chesty with a vengence.) As you probably know, if you ever tried to buy clothes for your wife, it is a challenge to find clothes that woman of this body type will find flattering. My wife is always looking for stuff that is somewhere between schoolmarm and "Here are my boobs, I happened to have tagged along with them." Your wife has been wearing a series of blouses this season that my wife has not so subtly identified as flattering and suggested that they would look good on her. (Yes, after years of marriage my density is penetrable.) Based upon the down to earth vibe of the show, I am betting they are off the shelf. I don't want to put your wife in the spot of "endorsing" a product, but could you find out what brand of blouses they are putting her in this season? I am betting it is a product placement deal, but the end credits in Medium are practically non-existent, at least in the Seattle market. There is a brown top with a horizontal divide between tummy and breast line that my wife particularly likes. She is betting it is from a company called "Avenue". The items in their catalog/stores are very similar, but not a perfect match. Again, I would appreciate any direction you could offer. It will save me a lot, "Do you like this one, or this one?" conversations that I am clueless on contributing to. It will also help a woman named Gidget happier about her wardrobe.

Best regards,

Joe

The wife says most of the clothes on her show come from a Co. called 'Theory.' TJ

The wife says most of the clothes on her show come from a Co. called 'Theory.' TJ

Thomas,

Thank you very much! My wife has already started browsing their line at different retailers. Please extend our thank you to your wife as well.

Beaty Boop,

Thank you for the recommendation, my wife is on that one as well. My wife recommends a place called Fashion Bug that she thinks is up in Canada as well. We are only 100 miles south of the Canadain border and about 115 from central Vancouver, so she has done some shopping up there. (At least before our currencies flipped. ;) ) We are on the three kid plan as well, 13, 3 and 16 months. My wife started "juggie" and things have only gotten better. :) My wife thinks its the kids, I consider it proof of the power of prayer. She can at least buy a bathingsuit she is happy with at Fashion Bug.

Joe

Hi Tom,

What films did you have the most fun working on? It seems like you've gotten to work with some really cool people and I wonder who has been the most "entertaining" person you've worked with so far.

Amy

I think it's really cool that you take the time to chat with your fans. Thank you!

JWeber, check out the links I posted in the Dark Country and 3-D Biz is Booming threads. There is a growing interest in 3-D with a lot of new advances being made in the technology. Also there is a lot of talk about other new movies being made in 3-D, such as James Cameron's Avatar 3-D. It's also been rumored that George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have 3-D have projects in the works. I myself think this is absolutely fantastic and can't wait to see what's ahead. And it seems as if RAW Studios is at the forefront of this trend.

Check out the articles posted in the above threads if you're interested. Sorry to butt in, but I thought you might be interested in reading the articles.

mediumfan

I saw a preview at the movies a few weeks ago for Journey to the Center of the Earth, with Brendon Fraiser it's going to be in 3-D. It looked great! Way better than the old stuff...Can't wait to see some hard core 3-D like RAW might put out. If it's done right it could be interesting and a change of pace from the ordinary...

http://www.journey3dmovie.com/?source=google

Hallo Tom,

With which people whould you like to work?

What do you think about actors like Christian Bale, John Travolta and Ewan McGregor?

PS:Are all your friends celebreties?

Best wishes,

MCEdiu

Hey Tom,

If you could work with any actor/actors in a film, who would they be?

Also - Do you every work out anymore from time to time just for the hell of it?

Cheers,

Raffi

Hey Tom,

If you could work with any actor/actors in a film, who would they be?

Also - Do you every work out anymore from time to time just for the hell of it?

Cheers,

Raffi

i work out 3 times a week with a fantastic woman named chris. she kicks my ass.

i'd kill to work with clint. carol baker is my favorite actress, next to my wife.

Thomas,

Have you ever considered writing or co-writing a script for a film that you may later direct or star in or both? You have some great ideas and have done great work in the comics realm so it was just something I'd been wondering about for a while. Also on another note, I've been a huge Film Noir fan for a few years acctually and when I found out that you were doing 'Dark Country' in a noir style (or perhaps Neo-noir) I got really amped. So I was wondering 1) What is your favorite noir film or at least the one you would most recomend that someone watch? and 2) do you have any plans of coming back to this genre in your future career as a director?

Sorry for asking so many questions in one go. It's great to see you on the boards from time to time. Keep it real.

for great noir, check out 'somewhere in the night' with john hodiak. also 'nightmare alley' and 'raw deal.'

i wrote a script called 'the amateur kind' which i'll direct next year.

Thanks Tom. I think it would be fuckin fantastic to see you in a film with Harrison Ford. You remind me of him. You got the rugged good look, great in action films.... things of that sort.

Raffi

Thanks Tom. I think it would be fuckin fantastic to see you in a film with Harrison Ford. You remind me of him. You got the rugged good look, great in action films.... things of that sort.

Raffi

oh, yeah. Harrison. that would be a dream come true...

Thomas,

How is it to work with Ron Perlman?

Do you both get well with each other?

I'm looking forward to see you and him in Dark Country.

PS: Who is your favourite character you ever played ?

I liked your acting in Thursday, The Punisher and The Mist very much.

Can't wait to see Mutant Chronicles and Killshot

MCEdiu

for great noir, check out 'somewhere in the night' with john hodiak. also 'nightmare alley' and 'raw deal.'

Thanks for the suggestions Tom. I'm currently waiting for them to get here. I'll write my thoughts about them on here for anyone who wants to know more. If I can I would like to make some suggestions for you Tom. 1) Following, directed by Christopher Nolan before he went on to do Memento. 2) I'm not sure if this one counts as a noir but it's my favorite movie, OLDBOY. It's a Korean film that came out about three years ago and is simply amazing. For a couple of good reads I would suggest 100 Bullets by Brain Azzarello (Vertigo Comics) and a great novel by Warren Ellis called Crooked Little Vein. It's great to see you on the boards and talking to your fans Tom. I love your work and I'm out of town on a job right now and the nights are getting very monotanous so your suggestions couldn't have come at a better time.

Thanks again,

Andrew

As a writer I know how close you get to a story that you write, but do you prefer looking for good scripts, or would you rather develop and write your own?

First off, the Punisher was one of my favorite movies. Ive seen it asked on here and I looked at past magazines. What exactly did you do to get in shape for the punisher? I read where you went 2 weeks 10% of your calories came from fat then 30 for the next 6 weeks and I also read you did a liquid diet. Did you do low-carb or switch it up. Not trying to sound gay but you had the best hollywood body in the movie.

Heh you've probally answered this question a dozen too many times... but is it true that you quit The Punisher because the script was toned down (ie a PG rated film)?

Oh and if you got the chance to play another anti-hero (whether it be based on a comic or not) would you?

Heh you've probally answered this question a dozen too many times... but is it true that you quit The Punisher because the script was toned down (ie a PG rated film)?

Oh and if you got the chance to play another anti-hero (whether it be based on a comic or not) would you?

The script I read is laughably over the top (death by lobster).

Yeah I think the lobster death is over the top. Maybe a king crab or some salmon woulda been better. Plus, Salmon has omega 3. It's healthier. ;)

What's next? A homicide caused by a double cheeseburger from the dollar menu?

-Raff

By the way Tom, did you get a chance to see Indy IV yet? If so, what did you think?

-Raffi

I have netflix and I watched Nightmare Alley last week and Somewhere in the Night last night. I don't remember seeing either of these before. If I did it was too long ago for me to remember. I think I like "Somewhere" better than "Nightmare" because it just seemed to be less depressing overall. I listened to the commentary on both of them and found them to be very educational and interesting. I never really thought much about film noir before coming here. Netflix doesn't seem to carry Raw Deal, so I'm not going to worry about that one right now.

The commentators made several suggestions: Out of the Past, Double Indemnity, The Big Sleep, Dark Corner.

Do you recommend, or have an opinion on, any of these flicks?

Also, as a sideways observation, it was sort of creepy to note that both John Hodiak and Tyrone Power had died from heart attacks in their 40's. Are you sure film noir is not dangerous to your health?

Be careful out there.

K-skye

I watched Raw Deal just a little bit ago and I have to say I was amazed. The cinematography by John Alton was amazing. Some of the best shots I have seen in a film noir. Dennis O'Keefe was great in the lead role of fugitive Joe Sullivan and in my opinion Marsha Hunt is one of the most beautiful women to grace the screen. The story is raw (no pun intended) and gritty. It was way ahead of its time in subject matter and execution. The ending could not have been more brilliantly done. The only thing that I felt was a little weak was Raymond Burr's performance as the mob boss but I think that his right-hand man Fantail more than made up for it with some great acting done by John Ireland. I would definitely recomend this movie to anyone looking for a great film noir or just a great movie in general.

P.S. a big thanks to Kwiat Skye for commenting on Nightmare Alley and Somewhere in the Night. I'll try to get those two watched and comment on them here but I think K-skye already did a great job commenting on them.

Also a HUGE thank you to Thomas for recommending these films.

i work out 3 times a week with a fantastic woman named chris. she kicks my ass.

i'd kill to work with clint. carol baker is my favorite actress, next to my wife.

I'd love to see you and Clint in a noirish detective piece, along the lines of "City Heat" (but much better ;) ). That would be fantastic.

Or maybe even a western? How would you feel about that?

Also, any chance of getting Patricia to drop in and answer a question or two now and then. I know she's probably really busy with her work, and she may not have time or even be interested, but I just thought I'd ask. If she doesn't want to, it's cool.

Mediumfan

Hi Thomas-

What website is this? I suspect it is the one mediumfan and I moderate but as you can see she was sneaky about it and flashed the camera her laptop for a split second and stuck her tongue out. The layout of vertical centered photographs look similar but I was told it could also be Facebook. please find out for me. and I'll return the favor somehow. There isn't really anything i can do for you but...if you think of something. If you answer this question- I promise you- you will shut me and mediumfan up on this thread for good. I'm just DYIN' TO KNOW!

pacomp0.jpg pacomp2.jpg pacomp1.jpg

pacomp3.jpg

sveinx

Judging from the pics posted at Yahoo group, it looks like there were a lot of people at the The Butler's in Love premiere. How did it go?

Just wanted to wish you and Patricia a happy second anniversary. Lots of love and luck to you. And many more.

Mediumfan