Mark Hosack

Pale Blue Moon Trailer

Hey RAW --

Mark Hosack here, writer of that little kick-ass action movie titled GIVE EM HELL, MALONE -- writing to let you all know that my first film, PALE BLUE MOON, which I wrote / directed / edited and produced, finally has domestic distribution (after a long tussle with a company hung the US rights up for nearly 2 years). At any rate, this is a TINY, WEIRD movie -- shot on 35mm for 35K in Dallas Texas with friends and local filmmakers / actors. It took 4 years to make.

It should be coming out Spring of 2010 -- If you have time, check out the trailer for it here:

And join our Facebook Page. Thanks for watching!

Mark

Congrats on the distribution deal. After watching the trailer, it looks like quite the fucked up little movie, I'm pretty interested in checking this out.

Dude, if that fits the definition of looking like it'll be a hoot! Definitely going to keep an eye out on the release.

Thanks for watching, guys -- I call Pale Blue Moon an absurdist-tragedy, which is probably part of the reason it's taken so long to get distribution -- NOT A BIG GENRE SLOT AT BLOCKBUSTER. Of course we tried to sell it as a Sci-Fi -- but, due to budgetary restraints (ours was the budget of 2nd meal on 1 day of shooting on Avatar) -- we ended up with very little Sci-Fi footage.

I made it right after my best friend was killed in a car wreck -- I was also reading a lot of Vonnegut at the time -- so the film kinda reflects those experiences.

At any rate, it's great fun that it's finally coming out in the states. I'll keep you all up to date on what's going on. Still waiting on a street date -- hopefully it'll hit earlier in the Spring than later.

Mark

Just watched the trailer. It looks good. I think making a movie on a low-budget is impressive. Especially, when the budget is in the thousands.

Mark!!

I've been under a rock for the past three weeks <_<

I am REALLY excited to see a truly talented creator such as yourself getting the opportunity to get an independent film distributed. It says a lot in this Hollywood cliche world for anyone to get this level of success. It's fantastic to get a rare story that is well outside of the commercial norm. I really hope this is a big step forward for your story-telling to be shared with all of us in your future endeavors.

I really enjoyed the trailer. It left me wondering which way this story is going with so many possible outcomes.

Keep it moving forward for all of us,

Mike