Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bradstreet

Dark Country DVD cover and poster design challenge

SAW? What the fuck are the suits thinking? How did they even get that? There's what, only 4 characters in the film? Sure, there's going to be a murder, but an all out slaughterhouse, come on. SAW has been dead for years, unfortunatly the studio and teen audiences can't figure that one out. Eh. I want my Detour/The Hitcher Jane style, with both style and substance. And since when it getting both style and subtance too much to ask for?

Guest AdminGuyX

OK, here is my very special, sarcastically angry "bitter fan" edition sleeve.

njcDCsleeve2.jpg

OK, here is my very special, sarcastically angry "bitter fan" edition sleeve.

Holy fuck! Awesome job!

I only have one suggestion, flipping Dark Country on the spine to fit with most other dvds. Everything there is amazing! Love the attention to detail on the car (just married).

As I said in my email Noe - Fantastic job.

Love that logo.

Thanks for the early peek.

We got us some really nice sleeves so far, hopefully we see a few more, that'd be great.

And I'd REALLY love to see some missing posters ;)

We still have plenty of time (a few weeks) so please keep the creations coming.

I'm gonna be scarce around here for a few days while I pull off a massive deadline for Monday.

I can't wait to show off some of the 70 Robert E. Howard Desert Adventures illustrations I've been working on all year ;)

After Monday it's just 3 more full page illustrations and I put this fucker to bed.

See ya in a few days.

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

Thanks Tim, already working up a wanted poster now too.

70 illustrations? REALLY? Holy shit!!!! I can't wait to see this edition of the book. You're right, it really IS all about Howard.

:)

And I'd REALLY love to see some missing posters ;)

Getting my some gal friends lined up to be vics - so far I've got 3. Will start churning these out this week.

The DVD cover for Dark Country really bothers me. I didn't think that it would so much, but it does.

I don't like the floating heads at the top. It should've been the rearview mirror with Tom's eyes. I loved Lauren German in it, but having her on the cover twice wasn't needed.

Why is Dick holding a shovel on the cover and back? He didn't even use one.

I love the DVD covers that have been posted on here. They're way better.

Where are the missing posters on here? Didn't anyone make some?

Where are the missing posters on here? Didn't anyone make some?

I got some of my old girlfriends together and did a few. Not sure what happened to 'em. Either they sucked and Tim & Tom are too nice to say anything :lol: or everyone got too busy to do anything w/ em.

I got some of my old girlfriends together and did a few. Not sure what happened to 'em. Either they sucked and Tim & Tom are too nice to say anything :lol: or everyone got too busy to do anything w/ em.

I would've loved to have seen them. I thought people were going to post them in this thread along with the DVD cover designs.