Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bradstreet

Dark Country Production Diary Feedback

Hey Everyone-

Really enjoying both the production diary and Boyle's camera blog. Since the writer's strike is in full swing, I won't get a chance to visit the set (Strike Rule # 26 B), so these diaries are my only way to stay connected to the shoot. Not quite as good as being there, but almost. I can't tell you how exciting it is to have this amazing team (Jane, Allcock, Boyle, Bradstreet, Aiello, German, Ray 3-D, etc. etc.) bringing to life a script that began as an idea during a long nighttime drive through the New Mexico desert some ten years ago. It's amazing, the sick and twisted places your mind will wander, if only you let it. And from what I know of this crew, you guys let yours wander there A LOT. Keep up the excellent work, fight the good fight and I'll be seeing you all at the premiere.

Tab Murphy

Welcome Tab.

Really wonderful to have you here among us. Natuarally it wouldn't be nearly as fun without ye!

I'll cover you with honey in the context of the production diary so you are spared here ;)

Well kids, could you have it any better? You pretty much have the driving creative forces in the house.

Does this ever happen? WE think NOT. Feel free to take advantage of us. Who knows when the opportunity may arise again.

And thanks to all for the very kind words of support. I'm prying a dust cake out of my sinuses as we speak. Looking at my pile of clothes layers, looking back at my bed, looking back to my dust covered boots, looking back at my bed.

Fuck it . . . As Sam Elliot once said . . . "I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead."

- TB

Fuck it . . . As Sam Elliot once said . . . "I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead."

- TB

Or, as Peter Jackson once said, "Pain is temporary. Film is forever!"

Keep going, Tim!

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I have to say, I haven't been this intimidated by a pool of talent since I first sat in a Disney conference room with the directors and artists that would go on to make 'Hunchback of Notre Dame'. This has such the feeling of 'the little movie that could' about it. Some day I'll relay the story of how it all came about (at least the script part), but suffice to say that it was due in no small part to the tenacity and vision of your director. May the movie Gods continue to shine on you all.

Tab Murphy

(Hibernating somewhere in the Canadian Rockies...)

Guest AdminGuyX

Welcome to the trenches Tab! (loved Last of The Dogmen BTW) It's really great to see you here.

I'm so sorry you can't visit the set, but understand why, and whole heartedly support you.

Well kids, could you have it any better?

I don't think so, I really don't. :)

Should have an new update up tonight sometime.

We're clearing out of here in about an hour to enjoy a screening of Tom's nw film "The Mist".

The Weinstein's were kind enough to send Tom out a print, and we've rented out a theater so our cast and crew can partake in Frank Darabont's latest masterpiece. Looking very forward to this.

My pal Quint from Ain't It Cool News was here for the last few days for a set visit and a real nice hang out on our day off yesterday as well, so there will be fun stuff to report on that count when I climb back into the diary.

And Tab - I too enjoyed Last Of The Dogmen! Oh to have you here with us. Alas.

Know that we will do our level best to keep you in the pipeline.

xo - TB

Guest AdminGuyX

OH, I bet it's gonna be a real party in that theater. :)

Can't even wait to see Quint's set report. Cool. Cool. Cool.

Thanks Tim.

Thanks so much for the update, Tim. Sounds like things are chugging right along. Hope all continues to go well. Just one question for ya. What kind of music are you thinking about for this thing and do you have any idea who's going to do it? Or do you already have somebody on board?

I heard a song the other day that made me think of you guys, (Highway to Hell) and I thought "that would be great for Dark Country", but it probably wouldn't work with the 'out of time' feel that you guys are going for.

Anyway, I love movie music, and was just curious what kind of feel you'll be going for with the music for this. Maybe you should do a kind of Hitchcockian 'Birds' thing, and have no music, lol. That would be cool, too.

If we don't hear from you before your break (which I'm sure we will), have a happy Thanksgiving and all my best to you and Thomas and your loved ones.

Mediumfan

p.s. I know Thomas is busy, but is there any chance he'll be dropping in to give his take on his first time directing and starring?

Guest AdminGuyX

HEY, you didn't have to lose "Not Gypsy" didja? That graffiti looks like one of your drawings Tim (which I'm sure was kind of the idea) so it's kind of cool to see that in real life and all. Quint was standing in the middle of a Bradstreet drawing.

Bastard!

:)

Highway To Hell is a GREAT album no question.

Dark Country however won't dance to the beat of that particular drum.

Different vibe entirely.

That's a great alternate title to the movie though, or a great tagline.

Now I have to listen to "Beating Around The Bush" or I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Ooh, and "Live Wire" . . . OK, Classic AC before bed then.

- TB

TL -

They commin' through fine on my screen.

Anyone else not seeing them?

One thing, that 1st page is pretty long with graphics, it may take extra time for stuff to load.

Not trying to tell anyone their internet business either but if it's having trouble loading either quit out and restart that app, or refresh the bitch.

tB

Jane gets back tonight and Patricia A will be around tomorrow for a visit, which I'm quite looking forward to. Patricia is one of the coolest dames on zee planet. It'll be a busy day tomorrow.

That is so cool, TB. Give Patricia all the best from Mediumfan. How about a couple of pics of her and TJ? That would be awesome.

Sorry to hear about your leaving Punisher Max. I love your work on those and you will be missed by many on that. Hope to see some of your work on the Warzone movie.

Snow in the desert? Who'da thunk it? :lol: Just kiddin'. I know it's high desert so it gets snow, and it gets COLD. Ya'll take care and have fun. Can't wait to see more of your notes from the high country.

Mediumfan

p.s. And if there's any way, could you please, please, pretty please, see if you can get some scoop from Patricia on what's going on with Medium and the writer's strike??? :D Have they shut down filming yet? Or what's the status of the show in regards to returning in January?

But if you don't want to bug her with it, I understand. Thanks, Tim.

Guest FADoss

Yeah, between the snow and the fires (near ABQ) the second half of my short has been postponed. Didn't get much snow down here...but it's been cold and rainy and I'm sure there's snow up in the mountains nearby (Cloudcroft/Ruidoso)...beautiful up there by the way.

Would still love to make it up on set...but with me leaving for home (Missouri) Wednesday night and not getting back here until 9 December...might not have a chance.

Sounds like you guys are making a great film.

Thanks for keeping us posted and look forward to working with you on the next one God willing.

Frederic

Hey Streetman, is MFAN correct? You're leaving Punisher??? If so, then Frank Castle is really having a bad 37th year. I mean I'm sure you know by now I'm a sworn enemy of Punisher: Warzone, but I still buy MAX every wednesday it hits. I'm hoping this is one big mix-up and Ennis is the only one exiting the series. Even if the stories suck, your covers can keep Frank alive in the comics world now that he's dead on-screen. Fill me in on this fiasco please.

#2: Can we expect a cover/poster for Dark Country of TJ as Dick any time soon in the method and style of those below???

Thomas Jane as Francis Castle Jr.

thomasjanepunisher6jh0.jpg

Thomas Jane as Colonel Nicolas Fury

thomasjaneisnickfurynj1.jpg

Thomas Jane as Jack Dietz

thomasjaneisjackdietznp2.jpg

Thomas Jane as Cal MacDonald

thomasjaneascalmcdonaldzu5.jpg

Thomas Jane as Dick???

-TL

Go watch Punisher, and when you do - pay attention. His full name is mentioned several times as well as Roy Scheider's name in the film (Francis Castle Sr).

-TL

Expect a nice juicy update to the production diary Wednesday or Thursday.

I've been very busy with production this past week and haven't had the opportunity to get on and spill the recent goods.

Lot's going on 'cause it's been crunch time but it looks like we will happily finish on schedule. We're set to wrap end of week so keep your eyes peeled for the last few installments of the filming diary.

More very soon.

- TB

Guest AdminGuyX

And get ready for the post production blues my friend. You GOGOGO balls out for months, then one day you find yourself after shooting has wrapped missing the rush, and thinking about the next time you can be on set!

;)

I'm very happy to hear that Tom will finish his first directing gig on time and on budget (I'm assuming that last one) but not surpized a bit.

Can't friggin wait to see it!!!