origin1950

WOLVERINE

Have they followed the comics AT ALL with the storylines for the film? They'll introduce Gambit however...

And that XMen poster!!! BEN FOSTER as Angel. It's wierd to look at after 30 Days, Alpha Dog and 3:10!

x-men-the-last-stand-20060512004153651.jpg

Ben Foster is a great actor man. Great character actor. He's very talented. I've liked him in everything I've seen him in.

JO

MFAN, there is ALOT in store for the X-Men in the future, not just Wolverine. Gambit WILL be part of the X-Men franchise but for now will instead act as a supporting character in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. As far as we know, Wolverine and the remaining X-Men (Xavier being one of them specially with the ability to walk now) will not cross paths at any time soon. Logan left the mansion (during the alternate ending to X3) to pursue... who knows what. A fourth X-Men film will focus primarily on the younger X-Men that we've gotten to know over the course of the 3 films:

-Iceman

-Angel

-Colossus

-Kitty Pryde

-Jubilee

-Syren

-Rogue

Zak Penn expressed great interest in writing the film which will happen no sooner than 2010 for a 2011/2012 release date. Kelsey Grammer (Beast), Vinnie Jones (Juggernaut), Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde) and Ben Foster (Angel) have all been very open about their 3 X-Men film contracts. Rumors state that Jones will appear in X-Men Origins: Magneto which opens 2010. Halle Berry is 100% game for another X-Men film.

I can't wait to watch all 3 of these films, but I must admit that my interest in X-Men Origins: Wolverine is greater than X-Men Origins: Magneto or X4.

-TL

A year of Hugh Jackman before Wolverine...

2008 makes way for 2 new Jackman films that look as promising as his stampede of flicks back in '06. Woody Allen's Scoop was a great little picture, Nolan's The Prestige needs no introduction, and Aronofsky's The Fountain was my favorite film of 2006 and is also one of my top 10 all-time favorite films.

First off, Hugh and Ewan "Obi-Wan" McGregor star in Deception:

hughjackmaninthelistmy9.jpg

hughjackmaninthelist2fx0.jpg

hughjackmaninthelist3nv9.jpg

There was a cool article in Entertainment Weekly about the film (back when it was called The Tourist). It also stars Maggie Q, Michelle Williams and Natasha Henstridge. Those of you that wanna see the trailer (if you can get over a Russian voice-over) here's the link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaA2dBFJIoE

Second, is Hugh's Australian film with fellow Aussie Nicole Kidman [called what do you know] Australia. Several parts of this film were shot as Hugh trained with choreographers for the fight sequences in Wolverine.

For a minute there I thought it was Clint Eastwood under that hat...

hughjackmaninaustraliasm9.jpg

hughjackmaninaustralia2xg6.jpg

hughjackmaninaustralia3yp8.jpg

I have HIGH expectations for both these flicks. Hugh has managed to earn a reputation for making good films when he's not playing Wolverine.

-TL

Just about any movie that has Jackman in it will at the very very least be a good movie. Everything I've seen him in has been amazing. Why hasn't he been nominated for any awards yet?

The one thing... that show he produced, Viva Laughlin. That didn't exactly turn out well.

Just about any movie that has Jackman in it will at the very very least be a good movie. Everything I've seen him in has been amazing. Why hasn't he been nominated for any awards yet?

The one thing... that show he produced, Viva Laughlin. That didn't exactly turn out well.

Van Helsing was utter shit.

Van Helsing WAS pretty bad, but Hugh thought it'd be a fun movie that would get him top billing. As for Awards and Nominations, he got a Golden Globe Nomination for Kate & Leopold. Let me be open about my thoughts on the A.M.P.A.S. I really don't approve of anything they do, and I'm not just saying this cause it pisses me off that my favorite actors NEVER get nominated or win anything. In 2001, Denzel Washington got the Oscar for Training Day. What the FUCK? Russell Crowe was clearly the superior actor that year in A Beautiful Mind. In 2004, Jamie Foxx got the Oscar for Ray when Clint Eastwood was Nominated for Million Dollar Baby!!! In 2006, Forest Whitaker won Best Actor for The Last King of Scotland and Jack Nicholson didn't even receive a Nomination for The Departed. WHAT THE FUCK? I really don't care for who they choose to award anymore, its NEVER the right people. Back when Karl Malden was president the Academy HAD class.

-TL

Van Helsing WAS pretty bad, but Hugh thought it'd be a fun movie that would get him top billing. As for Awards and Nominations, he got a Golden Globe Nomination for Kate & Leopold. Let me be open about my thoughts on the A.M.P.A.S. I really don't approve of anything they do, and I'm not just saying this cause it pisses me off that my favorite actors NEVER get nominated or win anything. In 2001, Denzel Washington got the Oscar for Training Day. What the FUCK? Russell Crowe was clearly the superior actor that year in A Beautiful Mind. In 2004, Jamie Foxx got the Oscar for Ray when Clint Eastwood was Nominated for Million Dollar Baby!!! In 2006, Forest Whitaker won Best Actor for The Last King of Scotland and Jack Nicholson didn't even receive a Nomination for The Departed. WHAT THE FUCK? I really don't care for who they choose to award anymore, its NEVER the right people. Back when Karl Malden was president the Academy HAD class.

-TL

Couldn't agree more.

JO

Van Helsing is not horrific. You could watch it and still somewhat enjoy it, Hugh is good regardless of the garbage story. Kate Beckinsale is fun to look at to. This in my opinion is a children's film. I know that at 13 I woulda loved it the same way I loved Mortal Kombat.

Watch it, but don't expect much besides Mr. Jackman's presence.

-TL

I agree with you. Shit when I was a few years younger, I thought Street Fighter was just a kick ass movie. In fact, not long ago, I bought it on DVD for 5 dollars at Best Buy, simply because I liked it when I was a child. I sometimes am quite fond of shitty movies. I bought Daredevil cause it's a Marvel movie. IT BLOWS. That's how I am though. If I would enjoy these movies as a kid, I'm more than willing to buy them if I see them for cheap.

By the way TL, in case you don't have it......

http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/shops/w...7%2F060108%2F38

-Raf

Guest FADoss
Van Helsing is NOT horrific. You could watch it and STILL somewhat enjoy it, Hugh is good regardless of the garbage story. Kate Beckinsale is fun to look at to. This in my opinion is a children's film. I know that at 13 I woulda loved it the same way I loved Mortal Kombat.

Watch it, but don't expect much besides Mr. Jackman's presence.

-TL

WHOA! Hold up. Mortal Kombat was an AWESOME FILM!!! Annihilation blew royally, but the first film was great. I saw it about 7 times in the theater (granted I worked there and got in for free). OH, and they are doing a TRUE sequel...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293429/

WOO HOO!!

Frederic

That's a mistake right there if it is indeed true. I think Schreiber would be a perfect Striker but what the fuck are they thinking casting a guy smaller than Hugh Jackman to play a guy who should be at least a foot taller and have at least a hundred pounds on him? I've been pretty disappointed with these casting rumors I heard for Victor Creed. It all started with Karl Urban and then Gerard Butler. Good actors but not fond of guys like that to play Creed. And as I mentioned, I'm definitely not happy to hear about Schreiber as Creed if it's true. Why the fuck aren't they approaching Tyler Mane or Kevin Nash? I'd even fuckin take Dolph Lundgren. Okay I can't talk about this anymore right now, I'm about to punch a fuckin dog and I'm a veterinarian! Just kidding I'm not a vet but still. Can the studio show me something more impressive aside from Hugh's stature!?

-Raffi

Raffi I picked up this month's Vanity Fair with Indy and Shia on the cover. Fuckin awesome! Its also got an exclusive shot of Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman in Australia.

-TL

I gotta agree with CHUD, I think it's a good choice. I'd rather have a good actor playing Creed than a wrestler. And you know 6'4" seems like the right height, Jackman is only what 6'1" or so, and he can bulk up for the role. Look at what Jane did for The Punisher.

Mike, Jackman is 6'3" and weighs 225 lbs.

Jane went from 165 to 190 lbs. for The Punisher through 6 months of training. Jackman went from X1's 180 to his current weight some 8 years later.

The key factor is The look. Size matters a great deal when talking Sabretooth (specially now that Jackman is fuckin huge). The ferociousness of Victor Creed cannot be taken for granted here. Schreiber will have to believably overpower Jackman. If Schreiber doesn't have the rage that Jackman somehow has been able to produce when playing Wolverine, then Sabretooth is in trouble.

hughjackmaniswolverineivf0.jpg

Also, you shouldn't take ALL wrestlers for granted. They ARE actors in the end - some better than others. Some just plain old terrible. Kevin Nash is on the top of the food chain both physically and performance-wise. I've seen him in person many times, and the guy WILL make you believe he's fuckin up someone a foot shorter than him. Have you seen Nash wrestle? Or better yet, have you seen his films?

kevinnashintnaimpact042tq9.jpg

*By the way, the wrestler under Nash (in the pic above) is A.J. Styles - he's 5'10" and weighs 215 lbs. Looks kinda small there though, doesn't he?

-TL

Raffi I picked up this month's Vanity Fair with Indy and Shia on the cover. Fuckin awesome! Its also got an exclusive shot of Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman in Australia.

Funny u mention that buddy, I got it right here in front of me. I also took note of the Australia pic.

Mike- Jackman is almost 6'3 actually. I have to disagree with you there though. No way can it be pulled off by a guy like Schreiber. He's a great actor though and I would love to see him as Stryker. TL says that he read he was studying a southern accent so then Gambit comes to mind. I think he can pull that off well too. You'd be surprised how well wrestlers can act. It should be even easier for them to act on film given the fact that they can afford to make mistakes and they have multiple takes. Kevin Nash can do it no problem. He's been acting in wrestling for years. I think bringing back Tyler Mane would be fine too. I saw him in a "B" type of sci-fi movie and he was one of the leading roles. It's fine by me. Not to mention he's got Jackman there to make him look good.

I remember that Schreiber was already casted while they were looking for a Victor Creed. So this has to have "bullshit" written all over it. Like TL says, this is all one big CLUSTERFUCK!

Let's hope something good comes out of this all.

Dammit TL you beat me to the punch by posting a minute ahead of me! :angry:

It's cool though brother, cause great minds think alike!

-Raff

You know there are camera tricks, where they can make Schreiber look bigger.

As for Nash, the only thing I've seen him in was The Punisher, and he didn't have a speaking role, so his acting is unproven to me. Add on to the fact that they are going for someone like Schreiber, Creed probably has quite a significant part in the movie, and I just don't see Nash being able to carry the film. Creed is going to be an intense character, and that needs a good actor.

I remember that Schreiber was already casted while they were looking for a Victor Creed. So this has to have "bullshit" written all over it. Like TL says, this is all one big CLUSTERFUCK!

He was only in talks for a role, nothing was signed.

Also, Baily Chase actually seems like a better fit for Styrker. But word is they are trying to get Michael C. Hall for the part. Which isn't entirely a bad choice as he is great in Dexter.

baileychasedv0.jpgcox-sm.jpg

I guess they could make him look bigger. If it comes down to Schreiber then they must have some awesome practical effects planned for him. Vinnie Jones was fuckin great as Juggernaut. I agree with you that acting-wise, they may be going for a stronger cinematic presence.

vinniejonesisthejuggerngs7.jpg

I don't care much for Michael C. Hall, and I feel the same way about Chase. Stryker needs a strong actor - not an amateur or TV star (a young Brian Cox).

As for Nash which many consider to be the DREAM Sabretooth (Singer actually wanted Nash for X1 but Nash was busy commissioning WCW), check out the films The Longest Yard (2005) and DOA: Dead or Alive (2006). Above all go to Youtube and watch the countless wrestling vids of Nash that are available there. You won't regret it.

Kevin Nash in The Longest Yard (2nd row from bottom, 2nd from right)

kevinnashthelongestyardyi3.jpg

kevinnashisguardenglehemc6.jpg

kevinnashisguardenglehehw0.jpg

kevinnashisguardenglehefz0.jpg

kevinnashisguardenglehebs1.jpg

-TL