origin1950

WOLVERINE

Looks awesome JJ.

Looking forward to seeing it in color!

Love seeing the pencils though.

- TB

Thanks, guys! Should have a scan of it sometime this weekend. Oh, and it's the brown and orange costume. :-)

Awesome work! I love that cover, and I can't wait to see it in color. But how in the hell did anyone come up with the idea to pair Wolverine with Hercules?!!

Definitely one of the oddest comic book pairings ever, lol!

Yeah, waitaminute! Come to think of it, what IS fucking Hercules doing with Wolvie and a bunch of ninja assholes?

Oh yeah, that's right. This is Marvel, where they like to team up guys like Shang Chi with Galactus ;)

- TB

So he taught Galactus how to use nunchaku then.

And regarding the video game for the movie, man is that thing brutal. If they had included some of the shit in the game, I probably might have liked it a little more.

Yeah, waitaminute! Come to think of it, what IS fucking Hercules doing with Wolvie and a bunch of ninja assholes?

Oh yeah, that's right. This is Marvel, where they like to team up guys like Shang Chi with Galactus ;)

- TB

Yeah, I could do with out Hercules. He's so DC. :P

EXACTLY!!!!! I was told I'd be painting Cyclops and Hydras and such, and my first cover has NINJAS IN A BAR! WTF? lol

- TB

And whata you gonna paint after that? Punisher and Vision?

- TB

That's not just "out of time". That's freakin' parallel universe shit right there! Can't wait to hear how they're going to explain that. Maybe Wolverine is really a hell of a lot older than anyone ever suspected and he and Herc are old college buddies! :lol:

No parallel universe. There's been a Hercules in the Marvel Universe since the mid sixties, most often as a member of The Avengers. (these ARE comic books, after all) lol

That's not just "out of time". That's freakin' parallel universe shit right there! Can't wait to hear how they're going to explain that. Maybe Wolverine is really a hell of a lot older than anyone ever suspected and he and Herc are old college buddies! :lol:

Guest AdminGuyX

The wife and I caught this as a matinee today. I thought it was only OK. Not the worst movie ever made. It had dumb shit in it, but there were a few moments I enjoyed. There was a lot of wasted potential in the story of the brothers, and really, the choices they made for the supporting characters were just odd. Really damn odd. I didn't think any of those characters worked.

They needed to be a lot more careful with the movement and poses. There were a few times when I let loose with laughter at the wolverine poses. Deadpool running through the center of the room waving his swords around to catch every bullet was, for me, one of the funniest things I've ever seen. But, Ryan Reynolds just can't do bad ass. He just can't. So, I laughed out loud when he started using his swords like hummingbird wings to block the bullets, I thought it looked incredibly silly.

I also have this thing about not enjoying films where the lead character is the dumbest guy in the room. In this story Wolverine was far and away and easily the dumbest guy in the room. He was so easily duped, and even after he heard Striker from inside the tank he was an easy mark later on. Really, Striker had worked with him for how long, and it never occurred to him that Logan might hear him?

And much like Frank Castle, I don't think Wolverine has been written quite right on film yet. He had moments in the first film, a moment in the second, but I really feel like the Wolverine we got in X3, and in this film are just watered down overly heroic versions of what he should be.

The folks making these flicks seem to think as long as Jackman has an expression like he's smelling farts, or taking a massive shit himself, then he looks right. ARRGGG. He's mean. I just get the feeling like they really were not sure where to take him, or how dark to go with him. Like, we can write him to be a complete moron who can't think his way out of a paper bag, he just reacts, and reacts, and reacts, but as long as Jackman shows up with a scowl . . .

WE HAVE A MOVIE!

It seemed like the Wolverine in this movie was the watered down version from X-Men: The Last Stand, they glossed over the whole being a good killer thing.

And then just some of the laziness in the movie, regarding continuity (small things in film wise and series wise biggest thing being Stryker), CG (the biggest sins being the shitty looking claws in the bathroom scene and Patrick Stewart) and script choices just make me have to rank it as the worst movie in the series. The whole first half of the movie really should have been about the team doing what they do and actually making the viewers give a shit about the characters, and just add upon the brotherly dynamics of Creed and Logan.

I saw it last night and thought is was OK.

My two most memorable scenes.

Fred Jones on the flight with the tattoo of the new girl. "I'm in love, she's an acrobat..."

Logan/James telling Zero to go obey like a good boy @ the logging site.

I did like the initial Wade in the plane of always talking. The ginsu Bullet shield with swords was just plain sad IMHO. Whereas the final version of Deadpool just was dumb IMHO... Oh look, we JUST took samples of these two guys and already have processed them for usage... as in 1-2 days later???

While I found the bathroom scene funny, I agree the CG was lacking...

The wife and I caught this as a matinee today. I thought it was only OK. Not the worst movie ever made. It had dumb shit in it, but there were a few moments I enjoyed. There was a lot of wasted potential in the story of the brothers, and really, the choices they made for the supporting characters were just odd. Really damn odd. I didn't think any of those characters worked.

They needed to be a lot more careful with the movement and poses. There were a few times when I let loose with laughter at the wolverine poses. Deadpool running through the center of the room waving his swords around to catch every bullet was, for me, one of the funniest things I've ever seen. But, Ryan Reynolds just can't do bad ass. He just can't. So, I laughed out loud when he started using his swords like hummingbird wings to block the bullets, I thought it looked incredibly silly.

I also have this thing about not enjoying films where the lead character is the dumbest guy in the room. In this story Wolverine was far and away and easily the dumbest guy in the room. He was so easily duped, and even after he heard Striker from inside the tank he was an easy mark later on. Really, Striker had worked with him for how long, and it never occurred to him that Logan might hear him?

And much like Frank Castle, I don't think Wolverine has been written quite right on film yet. He had moments in the first film, a moment in the second, but I really feel like the Wolverine we got in X3, and in this film are just watered down overly heroic versions of what he should be.

The folks making these flicks seem to think as long as Jackman has an expression like he's smelling farts, or taking a massive shit himself, then he looks right. ARRGGG. He's mean. I just get the feeling like they really were not sure where to take him, or how dark to go with him. Like, we can write him to be a complete moron who can't think his way out of a paper bag, he just reacts, and reacts, and reacts, but as long as Jackman shows up with a scowl . . .

WE HAVE A MOVIE!

I agree. Jackman is great as Wolverine, but the attitude and complete psycho beserker rages are lacking. I want to see him just go completely fucking crazy. I hope the sequel has more of a serious tone, and a smarter storyline.

Guest AdminGuyX

I think my favorite scene in the whole film, and it was a very small moment, but when he was chatting with superman's father (OK, not really, but who didn't think of Ma, and Pa Kent when they cut to the older folks driving down the road? Hell, even my wife said it) and offhandedly mentioned buying a 58 panhead new off the line I smiled. It was a very nice, very human moment. Even following two of the dumbest moment in the film (naked jackman sprinting across the farm provoked open laughter in the theater, and the nonsense in the bathroom) it still worked for me.

But other than that I thought the farm stuff was tedious and pointless, and a complete waste of time.

The farm stuff would have been a perfect place to interject some of the mutant distrust/phobia stuff that was pretty much missing from the film. Whether it be "Pa Kent" finding out that Logan is a mutant and then shooting him in the barn or on the flip side just having the old couple talk about their son and say he was a mutant and was killed because of that.