Lord Dubu

Marc Michetz

His stuff is really really really hard to find outside of France and Belgium. And aside from his Samurai epic Kogaratsu I don't know if anything he's done has ever seen print in the U.S. but I find his work intoxicating.

He is a minimalist but in a few strokes of flawless line he's able to communicate depth and weight with a kind of genius that few artists possess.

Please find us some examples of his art!!

We want to be aware of what you know baby.

- TB

Please find us some examples of his art!!

We want to be aware of what you know baby.

- TB

TB,

I tried to find two specific pieces that really inspired me in my most formative years as an artist (at the same time as I was discovering some guy who was illustrating Shadowrun and Vampire RPGs). Unfortunately I haven't found those two. I say unfortunately because they really display his mastery of form via simple linework. So I've posted up on the CA.org forums in hopes someone has scans somewhere. That being said. In the interim I offer you these two that I found via bing...

kogaratsu1.jpg

kogaratsu2.jpg

I'm hosting them on my personal server for now. If the bandwidth gets too massive I'll have to find a more suitable imagehost.

Can't go wrong with photobucket, free as a bird unless you put up a ton o stuff.

Yeah, I see what you mean. This cat is fucking brilliant.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Post the cream when you track that stuff down.

Love to see more.

- TB

Can't go wrong with photobucket, free as a bird unless you put up a ton o stuff.

Yeah, I see what you mean. This cat is fucking brilliant.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Post the cream when you track that stuff down.

Love to see more.

- TB

Thanks for the tip. I'll move these over to photobucket later today.

Good News Everyone!!! I found One of the two I was looking for (thanks to the boys and girls over at CA... ).

This is "Les Sentinelles"... One of two posters by Michetz that hung on my wall from the age of 16. It was tragically destroyed by my ex-wife's dog years later. Long story. Don't ask.

ll.jpg