Sign in to follow this  
Marchelo87

What do you guys think of my drawing

Hey guys, Im kinda new in posting threads and talking to you guys but I've been lingering around like a shadowy figure watching over you guys since the beginning of this year. I havent shown this to anyone yet except to my neice and my bro but she honestly threw it at me saying it sucked, and my bro said that I captured that futuristic feeling from the Cameron films. What do you guys think?

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww96/ru...-800colored.jpg

btw I dont know how to post pictures here so I posting the link, can someone help me on that? Thanks.

- Javi

Not bad dude, a hell of a lot better than I can do!

BattleDamagedT-800colored.jpg

I did that by clicking the picture frame box in the message post "Insert Image" and pasting in the url of the pic.

Thanks,

Fred

freaking wicked bro!

Thanks bro, yeah, this was just a simmple sketch drawing that I all of the sudden just wanted to turn it into that. It took me like five hours, to finish it with pencil and watercolor and then spend like two days just messing around with it through photoshop.

oh i wanted to ask how do u like water colors? I never have used them and very intrestes. Just been using the acrylics and oils.

well Batman, to be honest, I never worked with Acrylic and oils haha, and I just learned how paint with watercolor a month ago. It was my neighbor that inspired me in working with watercolor. I had no clue how to paint until one day him and I painted together and by watching him I was able to mimic the way he moved the brush. I actually got hooked on working with watercolor after that, you can make your drawing look realistic like Alex Ross work.

BTW heres another Terminator related drawing I did, this one took me just 3 hours... Arnold is the easiest man to draw. simply drawing him took me a few minutes, but spend a complete 3 minutes giving it more life in shading and shadowing Arnie...

I really want to get good as this girl so thats why Im trying to spend so much more time to come up with something like that... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz7ZJEgSKpg . I still dont know what tools she used to darken that. Do you guys know?

T-800T2JD.jpg

Oh wow Fred ^^^ another thanks for teaching me how to post pictures....

Heres the sketch version of the other drawing...

sc00002a6f.jpg

oh i wanted to ask how do u like water colors? I never have used them and very intrestes. Just been using the acrylics and oils.

well Batman, to be honest, I never worked with Acrylic and oils haha, and I just learned how paint with watercolor a month ago. It was my neighbor that inspired me in working with watercolor. I had no clue how to paint until one day him and I painted together and by watching him I was able to mimic the way he moved the brush. I actually got hooked on working with watercolor after that, you can make your drawing look realistic like Alex Ross work.

BTW heres another Terminator related drawing I did, this one took me just 3 hours... Arnold is the easiest man to draw. simply drawing him took me a few minutes, but spend a complete 3 hours giving it more life in shading and shadowing Arnie...

I really want to get good as this girl so thats why Im trying to spend so much more time to come up with something like that... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz7ZJEgSKpg . I still dont know what tools she used to darken that. Do you guys know?

T-800T2JD.jpg

Oh wow Fred ^^^ another thanks for teaching me how to post pictures....

Heres the sketch version of the other drawing...

sc00002a6f.jpg

The human structure and poses are pretty good (though below Arnie's torso could use some work), and composition ain't bad. The photoshop colours, needs work, but before that practice some inking. Proper inking will take these from "really cool sketches" to "absolutely bad ass art!"

You're on the right track, I hope to see some more.