Sign in to follow this  
James O'Brian

Favorite TV Shows

Man, I can't believe I forgot about one of my favorite shows of all time. TWIN PEAKS.

I loved that show. Lara Flynn Boyle, Sherilyn Fenn (YES, MAN I HAD THE BIGGEST CRUSH ON HER), Kyle MacLachlan (Genius).

Great show.

JO

YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION?

Somebody else remembers this Canadian kids comedy? I loved that show and thought it was pretty damn brilliant!

NINJA WARRIOR! on G4, I just laugh and laugh and laugh....

YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION?

Somebody else remembers this Canadian kids comedy? I loved that show and thought it was pretty damn brilliant!

Oh yeah, I have two older sisters and when we were growing up all three of us would watch that show.

"Married with Children"

Yep, big fan when I was young. I really loved the characters. I've always like Ed O'Neill and have loved him in movies such as Wayne's World and Dutch. He's hilarious. And I've always liked Christina Applegate for obvious reasons.

JO

The only other TV shows that I can think of go back to when I was really young.

Sledge Hammer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kygJbw-sZJw

Ahhh...I remember that one!! It was ahead of its time... :lol:

It's also hard to forget David Rasche's face; I've watched other shows, dramas, where he's guest starred, and I'm always like, "hey, he was in Sledgehammer! - and can't help but be amused.

Jen

Journeyman

The Office

The Shield

30 Rock

That's all I really have time for...and its what I can watch on the internet

On Journeyman, actress Lisa Sheridan is playing the recurring role of Dr. Theresa Sanchez, Jack's love interest (played by Reed Diamond). Check out info about and pix of Lisa at my Group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lisa_Sheridan/

I'm slowly warming up to that show; I'm pretty much watching it for Lisa, and for Kevin McKidd, who plays the main character Dan. Kevin was in Dog Soldiers, Rome, and, long ago, Trainspotting...

Jen

I'm slowly warming up to that show; I'm pretty much watching it for Lisa, and for Kevin McKidd, who plays the main character Dan. Kevin was in Dog Soldiers, Rome, and, long ago, Trainspotting...

Jen

I guess there's something wrong with me because I gave Journeyman about a half hour and gave up on it. Not interested in going back.

A show that I really didn't expect to like, but do, is Pushing Daisies. The characters there are so appealling, quirky, and well developed. Yet, it's basically a fairy tale.

Ahhh...I remember that one!! It was ahead of its time... :lol:

It's also hard to forget David Rasche's face; I've watched other shows, dramas, where he's guest starred, and I'm always like, "hey, he was in Sledgehammer! - and can't help but be amused.

Jen

It was very much ahead of it's time. I love one episode where somebody is going to kill himself by jumping off a building, so Hammer shoots at him to make him go back inside.

Hammer: "Another life saved... and I still have one more bullet left."

On Journeyman, actress Lisa Sheridan is playing the recurring role of Dr. Theresa Sanchez, Jack's love interest (played by Reed Diamond). Check out info about and pix of Lisa at my Group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lisa_Sheridan/

Jen

And unfortunately from what I heard it's been canceled due to the writers's strike, it won't be renewed for a seconed season, which totally bummed me out, I liked the way it was shaping out. =(

It blows that Journeyman's been cancelled. Creatively, it was really gaining steam. Two eps left in the season, both air next week.

My favourite shows that are currently airing or recently aired are (in no particular order):

Dexter

Life

Chuck

Jericho (second season starts soon)

Battlestar Galactica

The Office

30 Rock

Supernatural

My Name is Earl

Heroes

Prison Break

House

24 (recently got into it)

The Simpsons

Futurama

Family Guy

How I Met Your Mother

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

The Colbert Report

Late Night with Conan O'Brien

Entourage

Journeyman (too bad the bastards cancelled it)

Pushing Daisies

Robot Chicken

Re-runs of old sitcoms like Arrested Development, Frasier, Friends, etc.

Family Guy

Late Night with Conan O'brien

Friends

King of Queens

Robot Chicken

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

X-Play

Best Damn Sports Show

NFL Live

Seinfeld

Still

Whats With That House?

My House is Worth What?

Sportscenter

MXC

Haha yeah, MXC is hilarious.

JO

If you like MXC (which I do!) then you gotta watch NINJA WARRIOR, the 1st round is freaking funny to die for. The later rounds are actually dead on serious competition, but round one brings out all the freaks and geeks!

These days I watch:

Medium

Dexter

Supernatural

Ghost Hunters

Reaper

My Name is Earl

Chuck

The Closer

Shows I used to watch:

Twin Peaks

Carnivale

Buffy

The A Team (Face was hot!)

Wire in the Blood

Does anyone remember that show about the vampire cop (He only worked the graveyard shift- teehee!)? I think it was on USA in the late 90's.

Guest AdminGuyX

I am digging season 2 of Torchwood. Bigtime. The show is much better this season.

Season 4 of Lost is also floating my boat. I'm loving it. This season really feels darker and stranger than the last 3.

Looking forward to Doctor Who, Bones, Numbers, Jericho (haven't watched this one yet, it's on the DVR though) and the finale of American Gladiators. God help me, I am liking that show! hahahaha. Entourage is a fav as well.

Thought Prison Break was pretty good. For better or worse, and no matter how utterly flawed it is, I like the new terminator show. Mad crush on Lena Headey. My buddy Ryan thinks I'm on crack for liking it. :)

Cartoon shows from my childhood

Voltron

Voltron_in_the_sun.jpg

ThunderCats

195px-ThunderCats_logo.svg.png

Mighty Mouse

"Here I come to save the day!"

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

"I have the power!"

Birdman

Galaxy Trio

Space Ghost

Favorite childhood shows:

The Heathcliff and Marmaduke Show

The Flintstones

The Smurfs

The Super Friends Hour

Nowadays:

Jeopardy

Medium

Heroes

Breaking Bad

Law & Order SVU

Jericho

Dancing with the Stars

The Starter Wife

Monk

Psych

Prison Break

Lets see I know there's more...

Mummies Alive!

DarkWing Duck

Tale Spin

Tick (they have a character who is somewhat like the Punisher... only of course it makes fun of him)

Captain Planet

Care Bears (I was really young)

I like The Tick as well and I think you are right with the portrayal, now that I think about it... :)

Also:

Pinky and The Brain

Animaniacs

His name was Big Shot.

bigshot.jpg

Gee James, this brings back memories... :lol: