I JUST...

• Please log in to reply
509 replies to this topic

#501 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

...want to wish everyone a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!  :D 

That way, if you're unattached & no one sends you a valentine, you can at least be comforted by the fact that at least one someone wished you happiness & love on this V day.

And isn't that less sad than no one saying it (or more sad...I can't decide)?  

#502 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

...want to wish everyone a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!  :D 

That way, if you're unattached & no one sends you a valentine, you can at least be comforted by the fact that at least one someone wished you happiness & love on this V day.

And isn't that less sad than no one saying it (or more sad...I can't decide)?  

Same to you. Am sitting here typing and eating a chocolate covered strawberry. That a friend of mine gave me. :D  :D

#503 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

Same to you. Am sitting here typing and eating a chocolate covered strawberry. That a friend of mine gave me. :D  :D

Thank you, Joyce! :) That sounds like a pretty sweet way of having spent V day.

#504 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Thank you, Joyce! :) That sounds like a pretty sweet way of having spent V day.

That was but the strawberry was the size of a golf ball and covered in chocolate from Malleys chocolate and I had to share it with my friend thats because he said I had to. B)

#505 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

I am just really worried about my son. He got laid off from his government type job forever the government couldn't afford to fund his type of job he was doing and he seems really down because he doesn't think he can find another job. And I think he is right at least in this state he isn't. It just upsets me cuz he got a good college education and he can't even find a decent job. Thank you stupid government. :(  :angry:

#506 Mike

Mike

Loyal member of the official RAW team

• Old Guard
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

Joyce, that's really tough and I can appreciate what your son is going through.  I work for the Federal Government and if I lost my job here, it would cause me to start over again.  I don't have any college level education and was lucky enough to be in a position to create a job as a contractor and got converted to government.

I'm sure your son's challenges have nothing to do with is abilities and more to do with the incredible let down of a job disappearing regardless of how effective he had been at it.  Hopefully he will be able to remain positive enough to make a transition, even if he needs to take a temporary step back.  He just needs some professional success at this point to return to that capable positive feeling. 

Mike

#507 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Joyce, that's really tough and I can appreciate what your son is going through.  I work for the Federal Government and if I lost my job here, it would cause me to start over again.  I don't have any college level education and was lucky enough to be in a position to create a job as a contractor and got converted to government.

I'm sure your son's challenges have nothing to do with is abilities and more to do with the incredible let down of a job disappearing regardless of how effective he had been at it.  Hopefully he will be able to remain positive enough to make a transition, even if he needs to take a temporary step back.  He just needs some professional success at this point to return to that capable positive feeling. 

Mike

That made me feel better. He told me yesterday that he has 2 job interviews next week.

#508 Mike

Mike

Loyal member of the official RAW team

• Old Guard
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

That made me feel better. He told me yesterday that he has 2 job interviews next week.

That's GREAT news!!!

#509 Padre

Padre

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

Just did an interview with Outlaw Vern, the internet critic, about his latest book Niketown: http://www.krank.ie/...ew-outlaw-vern/

#510 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:22 PM

I just hate it when you have a mouth full of food and someone makes a comment that makes you spit your food out of your mouth. I never realized apple sauce could go that far. :D  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users