#2 Mantooth

Mantooth

DeathSpider Larva

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:46 AM

Holy Fuck! Can vision get any radder?

More dimensions Thomas!! More dimensions!!!

sveinx

#3 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts
  • Interests:Ummm...Tom Jane - oh, and music.

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:29 AM

Dark Country is going to look amazing. I hope the editing process is going smoothly, or is done by now, maybe? Maybe not... It sounds like a lot of work, but I'm sure the results will be worth the effort now. biggrin.gif

Jen
Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo..../Thomas_Jane_2/
All Tom - all the time - photos, news, more!

Delusions Of Adequacy
http://www.adequacy.net/
Jen Stratosphere Fanzine - music writer

#4 Mantooth

Mantooth

DeathSpider Larva

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:31 PM

But seriously, seeing that you are so into the 3-D development and evolution and have worked with the 'cutting/bleeding edge' of this technology-

what do you envision for the future? The next step?

4-D. The fourth dimension is time. And David Lynch's Lost Highway warped the notion of time via mobeius strip style filming and James Joyce also decimated time in literature.

So whats up. Is the next thing holographic projections?

I am curious cause Ray Zone really executed 3-D proper.

real quick- a long time ago I was exposed to 2 forms of filmmaking and it has always retained. I read about em somewhere in some mag or something.

This guy would shoot a driver cruising down a highway. From his perspective- like a singular camera shot of the road ahead of him. Trees and hills flyin' by. However, the camera used was full panoramic. Like 8 different lenses shooting 8 different angles silmutaneously. They take it into the studio and load into a computer- does some algorhitmic witchcraft and 'stitch' all the footage together. All the cameras into a smooth full 360 degree shot. Now- a viewer wears a pair of shades or helmet or visor or whatever and is watching the movie from the drivers perspective but if he wanted to, in real-time, can turn his head as the 'driver actor could' and would see exactly what was going on. He can look off to the side through the window and see trees whizzing by or turn his head 180 and see out the back window. Its a virtual environment except instead of digital- it was film.

The second idea was making a film version of one of those choose-your-own-adventure books except its online and you can select your own path of scenarios based on decisions in the story.

Fusing those 2 together would yield an intriguing result- I think. I'm not telling you to do it. I'm just sayin what I heard on the streets.

Just thought you may like to know you ghetto-tech Chinese Pop Tart

sveinx

#5 neenjah

neenjah

DeathSpider Embryo

• Old Guard
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

"For Dark Country, however, Paradise decided to work with Iridas SpeedGrade—partly because Iridas was compatible with the CineForm RAW codec out by the SI-2K Minis, but also because it had a built-in feature to automatically flip one of the two eyes when stereo footage is dropped on the timeline."

RAW..? Coincidence..? wink.gif
SWM 40-something seeks fame and fortune by drawing funny!

http://www.BushiTales.com

#6 Mantooth

Mantooth

DeathSpider Larva

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:07 AM

RAW is WAR spelled backwards. coincidence? wink.gif

wonder what RAW means, actually. Mayeb its too early in the morning but when I read your post- use sounded like a cyborg alien to me. Which is crazy cause if you think about how our language developed- specifically technological lingo like codecs and RAM and oh shit- Random Access Memory- RAM has the same letters as RAW except the W is flipped around- coincindence?

anyways- yeah- if like back in the 50s you try to explain someone some of the stuff we have now- they'll think it came out of a science fiction comic. Like going back in time and telling someone you left your cell in your microwave- they would recruit physicists to interpret your statement.

But as they say- yesterdays science fiction is today's fact. or something like that.

sveinx

#7 Guest_FADoss_*

Guest_FADoss_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:33 AM

Amazing! I didn't realize all the cool stuff you guys were pulling off revolutionizing 3D filmmaking. Awesome stuff.

Fred

#8 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

"Let me be frank with you Fink"

In this particular parlance RAW is this -

RAW file format is the uncompressed, unprocessed data file captured by the camera's image sensor, before any in-camera processing has been applied (though, in practice, depending on the camera manufacturer, some minimal in-camera processing may have been applied to the RAW data). In this sense, an image saved in the RAW file format is the digital equivalent to the (exposed but as yet unprocessed) film negative.

Meaning that the information exists in a very malleable form, easy to manipulate light, shadow, contrast, color, white balance, resolution, etc . . . .
Working in RAW format leads to infinite options for the artist.

CineForm RAW codec is this -
CineForm software (including the Cineform RAW codec) simplifies the work of editors and effects artists through post-production by converting myriad camera and file formats into a common AVI or MOV format ("CineForm Intermediate") that offers visual fidelity and performance that exceeds native source formats. The result of using a CineForm-based post workflow is higher visual quality for your finished project, yet with reduced investment of labor and expense.

For more technical information or for your inquisitive research needs check out the Cineform Home Page

- TB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users