Photo

The Punisher

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#341 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Nah, it's not ending it's just getting its name changed to Punisher: War Zone. Rucka is staying on board and his storylines are going to keep continuing.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#342 Armyghy

Armyghy

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, movies, games. Warhammer 40k too (Don't judge, or by the Emperor I will smite thee). Punisher comics.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Yeah, WZ is when the Avengers crack down on him, but then after that it's over.
1 Cav 4 BCT 4 BSTB Spartans. "Unleash the Dogs of Hell First Sergeant!"

#343 Padre

Padre

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Didn't realize it took 10 years for Frank to get a real name :): http://goodcomics.co...t-kill-someone/

#344 Adam Stines

Adam Stines

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Comic Books,Drag Racing,Muscle cars,Guns,Guns,Guns.Movies,My Family,Videogames,BBQ's and the good things in life..

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Ruckas Punisher is okay..Frank just looks too much like Solid Snake form the Metal Gear Solid video game series in this run,It's really distracting for me.I mean you could'nt even call his look an homage too Snake it's a dead on copy..

#345 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I dig the eye-patch and bearded look.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#346 Adam Stines

Adam Stines

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Comic Books,Drag Racing,Muscle cars,Guns,Guns,Guns.Movies,My Family,Videogames,BBQ's and the good things in life..

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

I dig the eye-patch and bearded look.

I do aswell,Just not on Frank..

#347 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Ruckas Punisher is okay..Frank just looks too much like Solid Snake form the Metal Gear Solid video game series in this run,It's really distracting for me.I mean you could'nt even call his look an homage too Snake it's a dead on copy..

If you look at old issues of Punisher War Journal when Jim Lee was drawing it, you can see Solid Snake right there.
Every time I'd bust out that game I'd think of those issues and Lee's version of Frank.

- tb

#348 Adam Stines

Adam Stines

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

Your right..... :]..But this one just screams it..Yet the look fully serves this story...

#349 Raffi

Raffi

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comic books, Weightlifting, Eating, Acting, Stunts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

If you look at old issues of Punisher War Journal when Jim Lee was drawing it, you can see Solid Snake right there.
Every time I'd bust out that game I'd think of those issues and Lee's version of Frank.

- tb

Which is why I think TJ would be a fine candidate to play Snake if there were to be a Metal Gear film. They would probably be looking for someone in their 20s to early 30s to play Snake now if that were ever to happen...start from the beginning.

#350 Raffi

Raffi

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comic books, Weightlifting, Eating, Acting, Stunts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

I'm falling behind on catching up with Frank these days. I gotta get the ball rolling and hit up my comic stores.

#351 Adam Stines

Adam Stines

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Which is why I think TJ would be a fine candidate to play Snake if there were to be a Metal Gear film. They would probably be looking for someone in their 20s to early 30s to play Snake now if that were ever to happen...start from the beginning.

Damn did'nt think of that...TJ would make a great snake!

#352 Armyghy

Armyghy

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, movies, games. Warhammer 40k too (Don't judge, or by the Emperor I will smite thee). Punisher comics.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'm a huge Metal Gear nut. Snake's original appearance back on the MSX was based off of Michael Beihn in The Terminator. Cover art for the original Metal Gear is obviously inspired. Got a pic of it here - http://media.giantbo...nator_super.jpg

I always wanted to see how Biehn would have treated Castle in a Punisher movie. I think he'd make a great pre-ultimates Fury though. New Punisher flick where they teamed up? Fury and Frank? Total mark-out moment in the theatre.

As for Frank looking like Snake, as drawn by Chechetto - I absolutely love the artstyle. Being the fan I am of Snake and Castle, I seriously cannot get enough of it.

#353 justaguy1984

justaguy1984

DeathSpider Pupa

• Old Guard
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

This is kind of a pointless post, but doesn't this look Just like Frank Castle? I think this actor retired, but I remember seeing him in "The people under the stairs", and "Silver Bullet". I wonder what he looks like now?

http://www.imdb.com/...72224/nm0569239

#354 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

This is kind of a pointless post, but doesn't this look Just like Frank Castle? I think this actor retired, but I remember seeing him in "The people under the stairs", and "Silver Bullet". I wonder what he looks like now?

http://www.imdb.com/...72224/nm0569239

It's not a pointless post at all. I can see a resemblance. It's actors like Everett McGill who stop acting, then you wonder what else they've chosen to pursue.

#355 Armyghy

Armyghy

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

So this last semester I took a 3d modeling class. This is my final project:

It's only 6 seconds or so long, but the teacher liked it. It's a Punisher animation!

#356 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

I like that you used the Dirty Laundry skull.  I've got to ask though, did you know you were going to use that skull, or did you have to think about whick skull to use? 

It seems almost every new artist brings a new skull to the book, so there's a lot to choose from.

#357 Armyghy

Armyghy

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

I wanted to use the Dirty Laundry Skull. It felt right. Its the same one I have sprayed on my airsoft vest I go to my airsoft games.

#358 Armyghy

Armyghy

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

Nobody has said anything in this thread for this long? Dayum. Well, heres my Fanime/Airsofting kit - 10262181_10203676098093406_2490688436236

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users