• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Brandon

Brandon

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Thomas Jane's work, obviously. Good writing (be it in movies, books, poetry, video games, etc.)

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

I just saw this movie for the first time. It really is another one of Thomas Jane's characters that is caught between a rock and a hard place. Do you do the right thing? Or do you do the other right thing? These tragic roles are so compelling and the most poignant when the point is reached when hope is lost and resignation sets in.

In Japanese culture, stories of the hero being in positions like this are common and beloved. In Norse mythology, Odin had the gift of forsight, so he knew that eventually, everything would be destroyed and nothing could be done to stop it.

How one decisively deals with the inevitability that things are going to end in failure, that's what creates a character.

#22 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

This is by far one of his best movies yet. I have loved everything he has been in and I am sure there is much more to come from him. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users