Photo

FIRST MARVEL FILM CROSSOVER!!!

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Poll: Should The Hulk be the villain in The Avengers movie? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for whether or not you think Banner should go bad

1. Yes (8 votes [61.54%])

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

2. No (5 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

Fucking Harry Dean Stanton.

This really made me smile. I like the little nod to ALIEN, or at least have him just say "Alien?" to Banner.

Speaking of, as much as I loved Norton, and would have liked to see Norton and RDJ work together, I thought Mark did a pretty good job. Way better than I thought he was going to do.

As for the film, I don't have much more to add than what everyone else has been saying. It's good, and fun.

Renner was great on screen. For me, he's the actor to watch. It's only a matter of time when he starts getting more recognition from "wide" audiences. I really hope they do a Hawkeye/Black Widow film. Given Hawkeye's role in the first half of the film, it makes sense with a film filled with Cap, Hulk, Iron Man and Thor that they don't do too much with him. Brian nailed it when he said that something is missing.

I wasn't too thrilled to find out Loki was the villian, but I could not have been more wrong. This is a whole diffrent Loki, and Hiddleston is fantastic. I hope we see more of him in the future.

#122 Raffi

Raffi

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comic books, Weightlifting, Eating, Acting, Stunts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

Loving the reviews guys. Glad to hear that everyone has enjoyed this film so far.

Let's look at the numbers here:

207.4 million dollars opening weekend, shattering Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows Part 2's record of 169 million giving it the record for the highest opening weekend of all time... I knew this was gonna happen actually.

103.4 million dollars for its second weekend, shattering Avatar's record of 75.6 million giving it the record for the highest second weekend of all time... another thing that I knew was going to happen.

It also reached over 1 billion dollars worldwide in three weeks, moving past The Dark Knight to become the 11th highest grossing film of all time... the record is set by Avatar in 1st place with 2.78 billion and Titanic in second place with 2.18 billion respectively.

Now I truely believe that The Avengers can actually take the crown in a little bit of time here... keep in mind that it's only been out in America for 2 weeks, and it was released in only a handful of countries one week prior to the release here... it still has plenty of time to rock the fucking world!

TIM AND TOM.... let's hear what you fellas think about the film.

-Raf

#123 justaguy1984

justaguy1984

DeathSpider Pupa

• Old Guard
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

I think more people will come to know Renner(and like him) when that new Bourne movie comes out. It's seems like a really fucked up idea for a movie, but it might work, and the teaser looked interesting.

I also really enjoyed Avengers. Can't say much that somebody else already said. I first realized how cool I thought it was when Iron man first showed up to help Cap out. It felt very epic to me, and Iron Man seemed so bad ass in that scene. Loved all the humor. Only thing I didn't like was the council's back up plan to send out the nukes at one point. Seen that situation too many times in movies/tv shows now, but whatever. Hope the sequel doesn't blow it.

#124 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,319 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

I think more people will come to know Renner(and like him) when that new Bourne movie comes out. It's seems like a really fucked up idea for a movie, but it might work, and the teaser looked interesting.

Even though I've never seen any of the other Bourne movies, I might actually go see The Bourne Legacy because Renner & Edward Norton's in it.

#125 Esco

Esco

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Reading/Writing, Music, Film, Art of any kind. The Truth. Alan Watts. John Trudell.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Can't wait for that new Bourne film.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users