• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, photography and art...

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

Great interview!

"I'm a story teller".... that really stayed with me...

...."my iphone wants to f--k your iphone"...lol

"this movie is shit"... "complete shit" !!!... btw, never watched blairwitch but I remember watching Deep Blue Sea with my bro the night it premiered -- we absolutely loved it! As we are fans of Jaws...we were curious to see this shark film and it really exceeded our expectations.

And...so much more...love your passion and your ideas!

http://llnw.libsyn.c...8c9babba6682572

#2 Padre

Padre

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 349 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Awesome interview. And the cinema i saw Deep Blue Sea in had the exact same reaction to *that* scene. I remember sitting in stunned silence for about 5 minutes after it happened.

And on the topic of films as art, have you guys ever had a movie change the way you look / think about something, be it life, love, politics etc?

#3 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

I really wanted to see this but my stupid computer or google chrome says oops google chrome can't find this. I'm going to give it oops.Grrrrrrrrrrr.

#4 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

Porky's 2...no just jiving with ya!

Ummm, good Quiestionee there Padre... I would have to say it's a cross between "ROSEMARY'S BABY" and "THE EXORCIST" ...

It changed my life...watching those two flicks as a kld got me hooked and excited on to horror!

What can I say just love being scared...

#5 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

Links not working for me. :(

#6 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Links not working for me. :(

DM me your email and I will send it to you Noeland.

#7 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Here's the working link.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#8 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

Thanks for the new link, Mike.

#9 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Thanks guys. Good listen so far. :)

#10 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

I really wanted to see this but my stupid computer or google chrome says oops google chrome can't find this. I'm going to give it oops.Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Never mind about the comment above was able to get it on twitter.And the interview was great. Some of the stuff he said was funny especially when he was talking about the cuddling. But just listening to him talk you think to yourself he is a very smart man and he knows what he is doing. And I like the fact he had his kitty with him. :rolleyes:

#11 Padre

Padre

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 349 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Porky's 2...no just jiving with ya!

Ummm, good Quiestionee there Padre... I would have to say it's a cross between "ROSEMARY'S BABY" and "THE EXORCIST" ...

It changed my life...watching those two flicks as a kld got me hooked and excited on to horror!

What can I say just love being scared...

Good picks. For me there’s been a few. First one would be the original Batman from 1989. I remember vividly sitting watching it when I was about 5 and falling in love with cinema there and then. It made me the pasty geek I am today!

Then there was The Fountain (2006), which me think about life and death in a completely different light. And I saw a film recently called The Last Minute (2001) that really spoke to me. It’s not a classic but it has a great message: You’ve only got a limited time and its ever running out, so stop living for tomorrow or 5 years down the road and start living and enjoying it now.

And Porky’s 2 of course. That film was like a crystal ball :)

#12 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

Thank-you Mike, I don't know what happened?

Anywho, it's nice to see all the great comments everyone is leaving TJ... Noeland commented on behalf of RAW :)

Thx Padre...yup that was my first taste of horror at the early age of 8. I was terror-striken but was captivated at the same time!

I can see why Batman would have that effect on you at developing stage of your life :)
Checked out the other two flicks you mentioned on good ole IMDB. Never heard of them...they peaked my interest...will definitely check them out. Thanks for sharing.

#13 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,356 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for posting the links, sunshine & Mike V! The first link didn’t work for me, but the other worked just fine.

Outstanding interview! I always enjoy when Tom talks about the films he loves, the movie Biz, and randomness. Every interview w/ TJ offers us further insight into his creative mind.

STANDER is a gem; it’s one of my top favorite films ever.

Tom really should tour the country with a movie. Emilio Estevez & Martin Sheen did it for The Way, which sparked a lot of attention for the film. It might not be something to just think about doing but actually something to go out & do. I’m sure the audience would follow.

Awww…Tom warmly mentioned us RAW forum folks. Deeply appreciated. :wub:

#14 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for posting the links, sunshine & Mike V! The first link didn’t work for me, but the other worked just fine.

Outstanding interview! I always enjoy when Tom talks about the films he loves, the movie Biz, and randomness. Every interview w/ TJ offers us further insight into his creative mind.

STANDER is a gem; it’s one of my top favorite films ever.

Tom really should tour the country with a movie. Emilio Estevez & Martin Sheen did it for The Way, which sparked a lot of attention for the film. It might not be something to just think about doing but actually something to go out & do. I’m sure the audience would follow.

Awww…Tom warmly mentioned us RAW forum folks. Deeply appreciated. :wub:

It was nice he mentioned us. We are like one big family on here. :rolleyes:

#15 Mike V

Mike V

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Tom's kitty has its own Tumblr.

Posted Image

#16 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

Posted Image

Of course she would have her own tumblr look who her owner is. She is so cute I want her. :)

#17 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

I know isn't Jo-jo their kitty just precious...
Btw, my best friends name is Joanne and I have nick named her Jo-jo's for years... sweet name choice.

It's cool how Savannahs are much more social & smarter than the typical domestic cat (they're often compared to dogs in their loyality)...wish I had a kitty like that growing up! I was never allowed to own pets as a child :(

Does anyone else want to share how a movie experience has changed or enriched your life someway/somehow...

#18 Blondielox

Blondielox

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Location:The Bay Area, California, US of A, Earth, Milky Way.
  • Interests:Good food. Fast machines. Music. Film..... and of course, genuine, bonafide, real-deal, true Good Girl Art.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

Posted Image

Thanks for slipping this in here.
It makes me feel all warm & fuzzy... on the outside.
Great pic.

#19 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

So, Nerdist has a TV show on BBC America. I'm watching it now.

#20 Mike V

Mike V

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

It's honestly not worth it though, it's ike 22 minutes and from what I saw nothing really interesting goes on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users