391 replies to this topic

#1 RED DAWN

RED DAWN

Mud Whistle

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Posted Image

After an 8-year absence from cinema, Frank Castle returns in this short unveiled at Comic-Con.

http://collider.com/...bshare-js-small

http://www.comicbook...r/news/?a=63863

All I can say is - there IS a God.

#2 ReCoil

ReCoil

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Movies, comics and all that jazz... I have no idea what that means.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

So, when do we get to see this? :o

One Nike gym bag - sixty bucks.
One Nokia cell phone - hundred bucks.
One ounce semtex - five hundred bucks.
Gettin' rid of a dirty cop - Fuckin' priceless!

#3 RED DAWN

RED DAWN

Mud Whistle

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

Hopefully soon.

Jane just had this convo on Twitter/WhoSay an hour ago:

DJThis: "Some said that at SDCC you're pushing to play The Punisher in a Marvel Reboot? Can you confirm?"

Jane: "Not pushing anything. Just a fan film from friends of Frank."

#4 xNLx

xNLx

Mr. Sparkle

• Old Guard
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

Can't wait to see this! Maybe it'll inspire Marvel/Disney to give Tom a few million to do the character right for the first time.
"There's two types of people,
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
YOU DIG."

#5 Padre

Padre

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

So cool. Can't wait to see this.

#6 RED DAWN

RED DAWN

Mud Whistle

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

Can't wait to see this! Maybe it'll inspire Marvel/Disney to give Tom a few million to do the character right for the first time.

Marvel can easily do what Burton did with the first Batman film & just make a Punisher movie where Castle is already an established vigilante. No need to do an origin film again. FOX is doing the same thing with Mangold's Wolverine film.

#7 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, photography and art...

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

I'm stoked... Maybe, just maybe when TJ gets a chance or whomever gets a chance will post it on RAW real soon.

He was certainly full of surprises at this Comic-con... Hmmm, just wondering who on RAW here got to actually see it?

Hoping something will come out of this...since there is so much hype about it...but he says he only wanted to do it because he's a fan and that he's not pushing for anything out there... but hey, you neva know ;)

#8 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

I am yet to track down any video, but I can not wait to see this. This is Tom's chance to show everyone what they could not get when he was explaining what he wanted for Punisher 2. So far, response for this has been pretty positive. I'm hoping someone at Marvel Studios is paying attention. I believe that when you get a team together that loves the character, it will come out on the screen. Look at Iron Man or Hellboy. Give Tom his due, let him show us his Punisher.

#9 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

I am yet to track down any video, but I can not wait to see this. This is Tom's chance to show everyone what they could not get when he was explaining what he wanted for Punisher 2. So far, response for this has been pretty positive. I'm hoping someone at Marvel Studios is paying attention. I believe that when you get a team together that loves the character, it will come out on the screen. Look at Iron Man or Hellboy. Give Tom his due, let him show us his Punisher.

I totally agree they need to let him do it. Let tom show them what the punisher should be. Because I think if they do let him they are really going to like what they see. The man definately knows what he is doing.

#10 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

I'll be damned, you know Jane did say he would just go out and shoot his own Punisher thing one day, low and behold he actually did it. While this is very cool, and I can't wait to see it, I honestly wouldn't hold my breathe on Marvel asking him back. Stranger things have happened though, so who knows.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#11 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

Marvel may already have other plans for Frank Castle by now. Even though they do seem to be going galactic for their films right now. Whatever the case may be, I think Tom had some unfinished business he needed to attend to with Frank. I'm dying to see this short film though. I've been a Joanou fan for years too.

#12 RED DAWN

RED DAWN

Mud Whistle

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

Its amazing to me how easily Jane transforms himself into the Frank Castle persona. Just last year I was used to seeing him as nice-guy Ray Drecker yet the mere scowl in the screencap above oozes Frank Castle.

#13 Mike V

Mike V

Jaded? Angry? Or just sick of the bullshit?

• Old Guard
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Marvel may already have other plans for Frank Castle by now. Even though they do seem to be going galactic for their films right now. Whatever the case may be, I think Tom had some unfinished business he needed to attend to with Frank. I'm dying to see this short film though. I've been a Joanou fan for years too.

The TV show isn't going forward, so maybe they'll reconsider their approach to the character.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

#14 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Its amazing to me how easily Jane transforms himself into the Frank Castle persona. Just last year I was used to seeing him as nice-guy Ray Drecker yet the mere scowl in the screencap above oozes Frank Castle.

I thought the same thing! The lighting and overall quality of the image also stood out to me. Honestly, I think Tom has the potential to make Frank Castle iconic on film. He just needs the right script and director to do it! Everything I've heard about this short, it happens.

#15 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

#16 Geoff Woody

Geoff Woody

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

I just watched this and just wet myself. awesome

#17 RED DAWN

RED DAWN

Mud Whistle

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

WOW.

I am truly speechless.

THE DARK KNIGHT meets THE PUNISHER.

Terrific short.

This is exactly what a Punisher movie needs to be.

Bravo, Thomas Jane. Bravo.

#18 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

Amazing. Just need the other 80 minutes now. This is the type of Punisher film I have been waiting for. Tim, love the skull. Looks like a new take on the original Bradstreet skull.

#19 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

Don't go to comicbookmovie.com. They give away the whole plot of the short . Who ARE these people?

#20 RED DAWN

RED DAWN

Mud Whistle

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

Amazing. Just need the other 80 minutes now.

Seconded, although I'd prefer a much warranted Nolan-esque 170-minute running time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)