Photo

Tom at Big Wow ComicFest 2012 (May 19-20, San Jose, CA)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 sunshine

sunshine

DeathSpider Larva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, photography and art...

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

Great pic Lochtess :) They must of been a hoot!

Happy Belated! What a great bday that must of been....

#22 lochtessmonster

lochtessmonster

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:comics, linux, writing, ukulele, singing, rockabilly, traditional country, american roots music, backyard chickens, gardening, travel, tikis, mcm clothes, mcm decor, mcm landscaping, mcm architecture, history

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

They were. Seriously thought Tom was messing with me though about the free swag. I didn't get to check the boards before I left for San Jose on Friday and hadn't seen his response about it being my birthday. Was pretty shocked when he and Tim remembered.
"My magic lasso will catch this banana missle before it does any damage!"

#23 Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

ooh good pic. too bad about the spanking. you never know unless you ask..

#24 lochtessmonster

lochtessmonster

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:comics, linux, writing, ukulele, singing, rockabilly, traditional country, american roots music, backyard chickens, gardening, travel, tikis, mcm clothes, mcm decor, mcm landscaping, mcm architecture, history

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

ooh good pic. too bad about the spanking. you never know unless you ask..

Damn Tom. Next time.

#25 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Damn Tom. Next time.

He's a bad bad boy. Isn't he.

#26 lochtessmonster

lochtessmonster

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Jesus is he? Way to feed the fantasy monster.

#27 indieflick_chick90

indieflick_chick90

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,390 posts
  • Interests:Making movies, writing scripts, acting, watching independent movies, and spending time with my family.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Posted Image

The Big Wow Comic Fest
Tim and Thomas.

Great picture! I bet selling all of those Bad Planet books straight to the fans gives you guys a rewarding feeling of achievement. B)

I'm glad everyone had an enjoyable experience.

#28 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts
  • Interests:Ummm...Tom Jane - oh, and music.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Here's just a little link with some first hand views of the event:

"The laid-back, two-day comic book convention included graphic novels, comic books, cartoons, fine art, entertainment, games and costumers at the San Jose Convention Center."

http://www.gilroydis...1a4bcf6878.html

Jen
Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo..../Thomas_Jane_2/
All Tom - all the time - photos, news, more!

Delusions Of Adequacy
http://www.adequacy.net/
Jen Stratosphere Fanzine - music writer

#29 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, gardening reading stephen king books. And am a supporter of breast cancer awareness and the alzheimer awareness funds.I also like to go to clubs to dance when I have the chance to.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

People can be so rude. I was reading some comments from the Big Wow ComicFest. One guy said tom threw a movie at his wife another said he was denied a photo with him and another said he was late getting to the signing and one even complained about him going barefoot. I swear people you should just be happy for what you get. I would love to get just a glimpse of him or even say hi to him. I swear people can be so ungracious and ungrateful and mean.

#30 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

Aw, this thread makes me miss hauling around a con with Tom and Tim . It's been a freaking year since I've been to a con!!

#31 xNLx

xNLx

Mr. Sparkle

• Old Guard
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

One guy said tom threw a movie at his wife

Fan or not, if that happened to me I'd be pissed.
"There's two types of people,
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
YOU DIG."

#32 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Fan or not, if that happened to me I'd be pissed.

But think of it this way. How much of it is true and how much of it is a person throwing a temper tantrum because they did not get what they wanted. So they bad mouth him to make themselves feel better or make him look bad to everyone else. I'm sorry but that is just not right in my oppinion.

#33 xNLx

xNLx

Mr. Sparkle

• Old Guard
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

But think of it this way. How much of it is true and how much of it is a person throwing a temper tantrum because they did not get what they wanted. So they bad mouth him to make themselves feel better or make him look bad to everyone else. I'm sorry but that is just not right in my oppinion.

No idea if it's true or any details. At the end of the day, if anyone threw something (not tossed) with intention to hit me or someone else, that would make them an ass. I'm not calling Tom an ass since I've not read a single word about it outside of your post; I really have no reason to believe it ever happened. But him being Tom Jane would not give him a free pass if it were true.
"There's two types of people,
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
YOU DIG."

#34 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

No idea if it's true or any details. At the end of the day, if anyone threw something (not tossed) with intention to hit me or someone else, that would make them an ass. I'm not calling Tom an ass since I've not read a single word about it outside of your post; I really have no reason to believe it ever happened. But him being Tom Jane would not give him a free pass if it were true.

I know that But I guess I just don't believe everything I read. Sorry.

#35 lochtessmonster

lochtessmonster

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

I was there. There was a mob around that table on Sunday. If he threw a movie at someone, it was because they were out of immediate reach and he was likely trying to just make sure they got their stuff. If the broad couldn't catch and hit her, it's more likely that her husband just saw that part. I can totally see that happening. Girls who attend comic conventions are not usually known for their athletic ability.

#36 lochtessmonster

lochtessmonster

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

ooh good pic.  too bad about the spanking. you never know unless you ask..

Big Wow is happening on my birthday weekend, again. Just might have to collect on this one.

#37 joyce ford

joyce ford

DeathSpider Pupa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Big Wow is happening on my birthday weekend, again. Just might have to collect on this one.

Hi lady you have not been on here in awhile, hope all is well with you. Let me know if you collect on your spanking. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users