• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

Looks like IDW is getting ready to launch a reboot (I guess that's what you call it) of Dave Stevens' classic The Rocketeer in a miniseries form called The Rocketeer Adventures. Sounds like it could be interesting. At least the first cover looks pretty good.

http://www.usatoday....ures18-ST_N.htm

#2 xNLx

xNLx

Mr. Sparkle

• Old Guard
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

Oooh... I was wondering when they were going to put it out.

The Rocketeer Deluxe Hardcover (with a Tom Jane forward) got a second printing, and the Artist Edition is amazing.
"There's two types of people,
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
YOU DIG."

#3 mediumfan

mediumfan

Alien DeathSpider

• Old Guard
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

Yeah I was just looking at the Deluxe Edition, but I didn't know Thomas wrote the forward for it. IDW is sellling it for $75, but Amazon has it for about $48, so I'm thinking about buying it from there. Looks like the Artist Edition is sold out though, darnit.

I wonder who did that first cover. It looks great.

#4 xNLx

xNLx

Mr. Sparkle

• Old Guard
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, Tom's forward is great. I won't lie, may have teared up a little when I first read it. I got the first printing of the Deluxe on Amazon for that price, and it's damn worth it! Pretty much half the book is old sketches, reference photos, etc.

I waaaaaay overpaid for the Artist Edition. I was led to believe that there were only 300 copies being made, when it turned out that's the amount they were carrying to one of the comic conventions. They pop up on eBay for over $100, and if you appreciate looking at artwork that isn't cleaned up, it's worth it. Just be careful who you buy off of.

I'm wondering if that's Alex Ross work for the cover. Hmm, better investigate.
"There's two types of people,
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
YOU DIG."

#5 JWeber

JWeber

Call him GILGAMESH!

• Administrators
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

IDW is putting out a book with a bunch of non-Rocketeer Dave Stevens work in July: http://www.majorspoi...-rocketeer-work

If you have not had a chance to get a hold of or flip through the Rocketeer collection they put out a few years back, you really are missing out. I got a copy of the delux version during the second printing. It really is a beautiful looking book. I'm sure this new one will be too.

On a side note, IDW put out a 4 issue Rocketeer Adventures series last year. It featured several stories by varrious folks, many with connections to Tim and Tom. The second series just came out, and I was looking at the line up, and same thing. I think it's a cool idea, but I was thinking that maybe Tim and Tom should reach out to IDW and see if they can get on third series. I would like to see what they could come up with ;)

Tim, I know you're not big on doing sequentials, but I think Lansdale's story is something you guys could go for, a short story with a few pieces of art inbetween.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users