• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:23 PM

that i would start a Topic about myself. not a real internet guy, but i AM a real fan of this site! and not JUST (but mostly) because it was designed by my sister. thanks sis!

this here Forum is for all the Jane fans that had a place to go at thomasjane.com and then that went bust because we got 'spammed' whatever the hell that means. so we hadda shut that sucker down and now that RAW has its own site, it seemed only natural to start up a little conversation of my own.

feel free to start new topics and discuss stuff within these walls. me, i am mostly going to stay right here. so if you got a question or want to let me know something, here's probably the best place to do it. i will be checking in on the other topics though, throughout the board; i'm incredibly passionate about our books and what's in store for fans over the next 6 months!

we'll be talking about it all and talking deep into the night (as you can see, Street and me are night owls.)

so feel free to throw some questions my way and i'll be posting some answers as well as first look pictures and shit like that.

oh, yeah - i do think you can say things like shit here. i'd veer away from totally depraved language, keep some modicum of decorum and you'll be fine. like the Groucho Club in London, it's hard to get kicked out, but it's definately possible!

check back with you soon, mate. welcome.
TJ

#2 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts
  • Interests:Ummm...Tom Jane - oh, and music.

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:43 AM

Hi Tom! biggrin.gif

Wow, awesome, you're on the Forum! Heather really did a wonderful job with this Forum - nice 'n' clean 'n' clear.

Yes, it's Jen from the Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group; I just had to get my 2 cents in here. laugh.gif

I know you have a bunch of questions from me and other fans that you'll post here at some point. Can't wait for your replies.

I don't know how you do it though - juggling all of this - but I think it's wonderful that you'll be here on 'n' off to field questions and chat, etc...

Take care,

Jen
Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo..../Thomas_Jane_2/
All Tom - all the time - photos, news, more!

Delusions Of Adequacy
http://www.adequacy.net/
Jen Stratosphere Fanzine - music writer

#3 Noeland

Noeland

Loyal Order of RAW

• Root Admin
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:04 AM

Be careful Tom, I wasn't much of an internet guy until message boards hooked me, now I do a lot of reading online!

Great to see you guys here and to see Raw coming alive and making a splash in comics!

I'm looking forward to Dark Country, can you tell us about your plans for it?

Can we expect a full on directing career in the future? Considering the direction you guys have taken RAW I'm interested to see what kind of feel your films will have. I mean that to say "Can't wait to see it"

wink.gif

Which can be said for all of your recent work in the pipe.

Doesn't get mentioned enough "Thursday" is a cool flick! Anyone who hasn't seen it, find it!
Noeland

#4 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

Thomas, Tommy, Tom, T.

Yep, TJ isn't one to go all high profile here, he's more of a Lurker (no pun inten . . . OK, pun intended).
Still, this is likely the ONLY place on the internet where you can get information straight from our favorite 21st century Viking's mouth.

On the "Dark Country" front -
Feel free to ask questions here about it but there will eventually be a thread in RAW Entertainment section dedicated to interacting with Tom on directing and starring in this amazing little horror yarn. We're all very busy gearing up for it currently and then will be hip deep in production. But expect to lob in some questions Tom's way on the subject when we get to the post coital phase (December-ish) and I'm sure T will be all too ready to jump in and spread some love.

In the meantime, enjoy the full experience of the RAW forums!
And welcome to you crazy lot wink.gif

Thanks Tom and Heather!!!

- Tb

PS - Just had to dig into my archives and post a photo of Tom, Cal McDonald style! (which is to say, you should be reading "Criminal Macabre" from Dark Horse.
Tom stars as the main charcter on all the covers! - Enjoy.

#5 Gustavo

Gustavo

Honored Malcontent

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Movies, comics, women.

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:32 PM

Talk to me, Tom. What's a brother gotta do to be in this Dark Country film? I'm in the Union. We met at SDCC, Tim introduced us. Then again, you were shi... ummm, you maybe had a few drinks. Come to think of it, maybe that was me. Anyway, give me some love.

Hope all is well.

Uncle Gus
"Let us not overstrain our talents, for if we do we shall do nothing with grace; a clown, whatever he may do, will never pass for a gentleman."
-Jean de la Bruyere

#6 David Allcock

David Allcock

The force is really rather strong with him.

• Old Guard
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:26 PM

That aint a pic of Tom as Cal Mcdonald. Thats a bloody photo taken last week outside the Groucho Club in London right before I stole his wallet and beat the shite out of him! 21st century viking?...my arse.

If the geezer paid me for all these damn storyboards I gotta do for his film I wouldn't have to steal his wallet.

ahhhh, just f***ing witcha. You know I love ya really Tommy boy. Good to see the man himself making an appearance on the forum....and for the record....Dark Country is shaping up to be an AMAZING film. Tom you really got your shit together on this one...it won't be long before they're calling you the next Hitchcock. Actor, writer, publisher, and now director...what else are you gonna add to the list of credentials?!!!

Big love from across the pond.

Davo.

#7 ReCoil

ReCoil

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Movies, comics and all that jazz... I have no idea what that means.

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:32 PM

Haha, great picture!

One Nike gym bag - sixty bucks.
One Nokia cell phone - hundred bucks.
One ounce semtex - five hundred bucks.
Gettin' rid of a dirty cop - Fuckin' priceless!

#8 MikeyP

MikeyP

DeathSpider Embryo

• Old Guard
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Big on movies, horror and kick ass action movies are at the top of the list. I try to make it to the gym as often as I can, though time seems to be less and less as life progresses. I'm still a kid when it comes to reading comics, and I cant get enough of em.

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(Tim Bradstreet @ Sep 12 2007, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thomas, Tommy, Tom, T.

Yep, TJ isn't one to go all high profile here, he's more of a Lurker (no pun inten . . . OK, pun intended).
Still, this is likely the ONLY place on the internet where you can get information straight from our favorite 21st century Viking's mouth.

On the "Dark Country" front -
Feel free to ask questions here about it but there will eventually be a thread in RAW Entertainment section dedicated to interacting with Tom on directing and starring in this amazing little horror yarn. We're all very busy gearing up for it currently and then will be hip deep in production. But expect to lob in some questions Tom's way on the subject when we get to the post coital phase (December-ish) and I'm sure T will be all too ready to jump in and spread some love.

In the meantime, enjoy the full experience of the RAW forums!
And welcome to you crazy lot wink.gif

Thanks Tom and Heather!!!

- Tb

PS - Just had to dig into my archives and post a photo of Tom, Cal McDonald style! (which is to say, you should be reading "Criminal Macabre" from Dark Horse.
Tom stars as the main charcter on all the covers! - Enjoy.

Cal cover...riiiight. Looks like a Weds night to me. heh Good to see ya, bud.

#9 James O'Brian

James O'Brian

DeathSpider Imago

• Old Guard
  • 829 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:13 AM

Man, I love old horror movies. Hey Tom, I know you like old Horror Comics like me such as Tales From The Crypt, Two Fisted Tales, etc. But, what are some of your favorite horror/sci fi flicks?

Foreweare.tumblr.com/

https://www.facebook...ames.obrian.108

Do you know how you got that dent, in your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, then I put my finger there and I said "Shhhhh!"

#10 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

Ok, Tom - Here are a few questions for you from a member of Kim's Tom Jane Online Forum:

1. I wonder if you own an Xbox 360. If so, what are you currently playing on it?

2. What are some good sci-fi or horror movies to watch?

3. Are there any books you would recommend?

Delusions Of Adequacy

#11 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:08 AM

Oh, and I had another question for you - Ummm, when do you sleep??! laugh.gif

You posted that you're a night owl, but doesn't most of your film-work, at least, take place during daylight?

You're work schedule is incomprehensible to me. I mean, I'm tired after a normal 9-to-5 workday! laugh.gif

Jen

Delusions Of Adequacy

#12 Rez

Rez

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:45 AM

Big fan of you and your work! I'm really stoked for the Mist. I really love what you've done with your career and finding projects that you obviously love. You're working as an actor, writer, and director in films and comics, an absolute dream job.

I was wondering if you could share just how you broke into the business? You're very talented but there's a lot of talented individuals who never get noticed. After a fairly busy highschool life involving acting for a slew of plays, a few student films, and writing for the paper I've just entered college and hope to be a part of the same industry you've found success in. Any tips or tricks? Thanks, and keep up the great work!

#13 Rob Tiffin

Rob Tiffin

Mud Whistle

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:01 AM

Hey Tom,

Congrats on the new forum and all the great projects you are working on. Really looking forward to all the cool stuff RAW promises to bring us in the future.

#14 James

James

DeathSpider Larva

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:16 AM

Oh who cares if your not a real internet guy Tom. That doesn't matter.

#15 Punisher75

Punisher75

DeathSpider Embryo

• Old Guard
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, sculpting, Costuming, comics, movies, building model kits, reading (trying to read all the Stephen King stuff out there) to name a few.

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:08 PM

Hi there Tom

Huge fan of your film work, can't wait for the Mist! Any word on when the Mutant Chronicles and Killshot are going to be released? Really enjoying Bad Planet so far! Keep up the good work man.

Aaron

" This war has bred a saying oft-repeated: "payback is a motherfucker" At Valley Forge we have another. "If you think payback's bad... You haven't met Frank Castle"

#16 nikbait

nikbait

DeathSpider Embryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:outdoors, movies, family, friends

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

Hey Tom, got a ??? for ya!!!! I know of a kid that moved to LA from somewhere I can't remember where he moved from, but he's an american, his name is Carlos L. He has told me that you two have met, is that true? He's got curly dark hair and speaks with a spanish? accent. Good Lord I cannot for the life of me remember where he moved from, but he's aspiring to become an actor and we even had many chats about you:) And how he really loves your stuff. Is this true?

tammy smith
kuna, id USA
Crikey Mate! RIP Steve Irwin 1962-2006.

#17 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:56 AM

Ok, I'm going to add a bunch of my questions here and then post other fans' questions that they have sent me for you to answer:

Jen's QUESTIONS:

1. How do you like working on the storyline and dialogue of Bad Planet? How much input do you have in "the look" of the comic?

2. Bad Planet is also supposed to come out in "digital" form online. How is that going and when (and where) will it be available? Can you explain more about how it's not going to be "animation", but is still in a digital format?

3. You have three film coming out soon - The Mist (out November 21, 2007), Killshot (out Spring 2008 hopefully!), and The Mutant Chronicles (out Spring or Summer 2008). Can you give us some scoop on each film - what the shoots were like and the differences between working on them?

4. Looking further out to the future, what are your plans for Dark Country, The Lurkers, and Amateur Kind? Who will you be collaborating with and in what capacity will you be working on these films (as director, actor, producer?)?

5. You know, The Tripper is also coming out soon on DVD, on Halloween. What was it like, ummm, working on that set?

6. What Comic Cons and other events do you have scheduled for the coming months? Will you be at the Dallas Comic Con in October?

7. Why do you want to focus on the horror/thriller genre of film-making? You have built up a fanbase because of your deep and varied work, with the most critical acclaim going to your performances in films like Stander, 61*, The Last Time I Committed Suicide, and The Punisher, so I'm curious as to why you want to pursue only one genre.

8. What are your thoughts on and satisfaction level of making the possibly smaller, more obscure films versus the more widely-distributed commerical films? (i.e., The Tripper vs. Dreamcatcher - or maybe that's a bad choice - LOL; how about The Tripper vs. Deep Blue Sea)

9. What are your thoughts about autograph signings, premieres, and meet 'n' greet events? Are they a necessary evil or do you enjoy participating in them?

10. On the fashion tip, you project a 'rough-refined' look through your wardrobe. Where you get your button-down, patterned shirts from? Do you pop into vintage clothes stores at all or buy from top designers?

11. If or when (more like if!) you have time off from your crazy work schedule, what do you like to do?

Jen

Delusions Of Adequacy

#18 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

OTHER FAN QUESTIONS:

From Patty (from France; translated questions):

Hi Thomas - I really enjoyed your performances in Under Suspicion, Molly, Deep Blue Sea, and Dreamcatcher (even though I didn't really like the movie), as well as your photo shoots for Nautica.

1. I read, possibly on IMDB.com, that you are part Irish, Italian, and German, so I was wondering why you got married in a kilt?

2. Are you going to do other genres of films besides the horror genre?

Delusions Of Adequacy

#19 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

OTHER FAN QUESTIONS:

From Anna:

Here is my question for Tom:

Which co-stars have you particularly enjoyed working with? Why?

Thanks so much,
Anna

Delusions Of Adequacy

#20 Jen

Jen

RAW Keeper of the Faith

• Old Guard
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

OTHER FAN QUESTIONS:

From: Brain21 - possible childhood friend and high school friend of yours??

So here are my questions for Tom:

1) Tom, after all these years, I *just* found out what you've been up
to, and am very proud of you! Now, guess who this is...
Do you still have all of your old Mad Magazines and Mad Comic books,
and did you ever manage to get Mad #1 or Mad #5? My parents actually
still have mine, and I never did get #1 or #5...

2) What was it like (behind the scenes) working with John Pinette?
Pretty reserved, or joking around all the time?

3) In what way are doing a scene in a movie and doing a scene for a TV
Show (like Medium, for example) different as an actor, and was it
weird (in a good way) acting onscreen with your wife?

4) I have another question about Medium:
Did you keep one of the original cartoon frames with yourself as a cartoon on the Medium season premiere?

Brain21

Delusions Of Adequacy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users