INTERNECINE

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Esco

Esco

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Reading/Writing, Music, Film, Art of any kind. The Truth. Alan Watts. John Trudell.

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

Finished it yesterday. LOVED IT. Like you said the narrative is very different from Gunwork, but this narrative grows on you very quickly, it's witty and sharp. There's no fat here. Brilliantly insightful and fun to read. If I HAD to choose which book I wanted a sequel to I'd pick Gunwork, BUT I would not heisitate to pick up a follow up to this.
Gunwork seemed more focused in on it's target audience, Internecine, IMO, is much more accessable. Which makes it a great read for anyone.

#22 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts
  • Interests:Illustration, Graphic Design, Production Design, Film Scores, Film.

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

Excellent!
I don't even have comp copies yet and am thinking to go out and buy one.
Might as well since St. Martins may take forever to get me some.

Glad you dug it, Esco.
Thank you for taking an interest and I hope others discover this book and David J. Schow's work as well.
With GUNWORK and now INTERNECINE, Schow is really doing the greatest work of his career.
Wait until you see what he has in store next, a sequel of sorts to INTERTNECINE called UPGUNNED.
It takes place in the same world with different characters, though we may run into a few familiar ones.
That and I'm going to be illustrating another of Dave's projects over at Little Brown - A sweet as shit little thing called A Gunfight.

It's going to blow you away. More details soon.

- TB

#23 Esco

Esco

DeathSpider Larva

• Old Guard
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Reading/Writing, Music, Film, Art of any kind. The Truth. Alan Watts. John Trudell.

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

#24 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

The proof is in this spot-on review from Karl Wolff over at Joe Bob Briggs - Drive-In Movie Critic Extraordinaire!
Read it and bask in the glow of someone who "Get's It!"

Then pick up YOUR copy wink.gif

- TB

#25 Tim Bradstreet

Tim Bradstreet

The Management

• Root Admin
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

Just dropping in here for a moment to alert fans of Internecine to Schow's new book (and another cover for me), UPGUNNED, which hits shelves February 14th.
If you are interested in jumping to that thread just click HERE.

- TB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users