Samuel L. Jackson May Not Be Nick Fury?!

These are troubling times for America—unemployment is on the rise, and entire industries face their end—but one thing we geeks have had to look forward to in the next few years is everyone’s favorite bad motherfucker himself, Samuel L. Jackson, as Nick Fury. Now it seems we may even be robbed of that one slice of happiness. In an interview today over at the LA Times blog Hero Complex, Jackson hints that all is not well at Marvel, and that his role as Nick Fury is anything but a sure thing at this point.

In response to the character’s appearance in Iron Man 2, Captain America, and The Avengers, he says that the role may be recast (with a cheaper actor of course), or Fury may not appear at all. Jackson elaborates further:

Continue reading: http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/01/13/samuel...t-be-nick-fury/

That's just ridiculous. This specific Nick Fury was modeled after Sam Jackson. It requires him. If they're gonna do a stupid recast then they should go back to the white Nick Fury cause no other man has any business playing the Ultimate Nick Fury role.

They've already got Robert Downey Jr. fresh off his amazing work in TROPIC THUNDER. Slap the Blackface back on and Downey can play two roles in the flick. Half the time Iron Man is just a CG suit anyway, so he's just chilling in his trailer, killing time. One makeup test that gets leaked to the Internet and Jackson's people will cut a deal to make sure he's part of this Avengers franchise.

I think he'll be in it... Marvel is just playing hard to get. Marvel Studios haven't showed that much professionalism in how they handle their affairs- Not signing Favereu, the whole Howard business and now this. OK, the Howard thing, I get it... But this. No.

They've already got Robert Downey Jr. fresh off his amazing work in TROPIC THUNDER. Slap the Blackface back on and Downey can play two roles in the flick. Half the time Iron Man is just a CG suit anyway, so he's just chilling in his trailer, killing time. One makeup test that gets leaked to the Internet and Jackson's people will cut a deal to make sure he's part of this Avengers franchise.

He's going to be a busy guy with all these roles as a black character! :lol:

jackson and howard were expendable. norton on the other hand needs to come back.

Yeah, I'll be very dissappointed if Edward Norton doesn't reprise his role as Bruce Banner/The Hulk. I think he's a solid actor and I really enjoyed his work in The Incredible Hulk.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I want Sam Jackson to return as Fury, since he already did the cameo, after his work in THE SPIRIT, he should be in movie jail. He shouldn't be allowed to be in A movie, let alone a huge franchise.

I'd much rather have the Nick Fury that I grew up with, but that's probably not gonna happen.

I think Jackson and his people should realize that he's not a box office draw anymore. He's made way too much crap. And to be part of a franchise like this that's just getting started would be a GREAT thing for him. Who knows, it could lead to a Nick Fury/Shield feature down the line.