Dredd

Tiara

Couldn't stop laughing at that clip. "LAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW"

Early reviews for Dredd however sound incredibly favorable.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the film opening night. It was *FANTASTIC*

It was a little dry at times, and I would really have enjoyed seeing more of Dredd work in MC1, along with more of the inner workings of the Hall of Justice, but his current mission inside Peach Trees was great. Urban plays a awesome Dredd and I would love seeing another one.

Just got back from Dredd. This is easily in my top three favorite films of this year. I enjoyed this more that The Dark Knight Rises.

The only gripe I had about the film was the Lawmaster bikes. The Stallone version did a better job, but everything else, damn near perfect for a Dredd film. They got the character. Too bad LGF could not do for the Punisher what they did for Dredd. Speaking of Punisher, Urban's portrayal of Dredd is just as good as Tom's Punisher. He had the look and feel of Dredd. Not for a second did I not buy it. There is plenty of great action. Pete Travis, the director, did an amazing job and I'll be looking forward to his next film.

As good as it is, this is pretty damn sad. It's bombing at the box office. I hope word of mouth picks up, I'm hoping to see the Dark Judges soon.

I'm getting a bunch of people together to see it tomorrow, but that's all I can do. It's too bad, people would rather watch repeat pg-13 horror movies and those terrible resident evil movies than this. Oh well. It still has to open in other countries through the rest of the year, and maybe it will do well enough on blu ray. Probably not though :(

I heard around 50 mil, so somewhere in that range. The world-wide estimates are around 14.5 million. I hope word of mouth picks up this weekend, I really want this to take off. It's such a shame when something as good as Dredd comes along and it fails at the box office. Gonna have to see it again ;)

Guest AdminGuyX

Saw this last night with a friend in 3D. I loved it. Solid action film. Solid comic book adaptation. Urban did a great job as Dredd. It's nice to see him slowly building up a resume of iconic roles. The action scenes, CGI, and location work were all well done.

I'd love to see a sequel too. There were only 4 other people in the theater, and 2 of them walked out of the movie halfway through, but I'm pretty sure they were kids theater hoping.

• 11 months later...

So, poor ticket sales doomed the sequel that should be happening right now, but in the day and age of video sales, Dredd is kicking some serious ass. There is a facebook group that launched a massive campaign to get a sequel going (they can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/MakeADreddSequel?hc_location=stream ) and are getting some pretty good attention. Sign the petition today, watch the film on netflix, or just go out and buy it, today is the Day Of Dredd! This series really does deserve another chance now that it's broken away from the baggage of the Stallone film.

want more from the next one. too low key for me