• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks good, just the helmet I have issues with. I hope this turns out for the best.

Has anyone heard of the Judge Minty fan film that's in the works? For a fan film, it's looking pretty damn good. Here's a link to an artical with a pic of their Dredd, who is played by Dredd artist (and now Bad Planet vol. 2!) Greg Staples.

http://liveforfilms.wordpress.com/2010/03/...m-in-the-works/

• 8 months later...

Some pics have been popping up online, but none of them seemed too impressive. Now there are some new ones. The cover image is horrible, but the background does not help any. Too bright. The second pic is a bit better, but the last pic is great. I wish they would have kept the eagle sholder pad though.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50549

• 2 months later...

Bummer. Just read a great article about how excited everyone who worked on the flick was in Empire.

I really want Dredd to do well.

I'm not sure what to believe either, feels like there is a kernel of truth in both articles, but whose to say?

That's a lot of asset to protect . . .

Still, even if Travis was ejected, I have faith in Alex Garland.

And if the second report is more accurate then there's really nothing to be alarmed about.

- TB

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest AdminGuyX

I haven't seen The Raid. It's not the first time I have heard the comparison though. I don't like the idea for the story much, but I understand why they tried to contain the story the way they did. I'll see it eventually though. I like the grittier direction for Dredd, but vehicles just don't fit. I don't picture ford trucks, vans, or honda civics in the Dredd world. Again, I know they had a really small budget though so I am willing to give the film a shot.

For all the problems Stallone's Judge Dredd had, it at least looked futuristic and had some flair to it, all I'm saying id they could have tried a little harder to be more creative, small budget be damned.

I have a hard time seeing him in that get up standing next to a Civic. What about his bike? Can't they borrow it back from BatMan?

It could look a bit more futuristic, deffinatly. The Lawmasters didn't look good either, kind of like modded dirt bikes. Megacity looks like they pulled it from the earlier comics, which always seemed a bit more slick looking. The interior shots in the Megablock all looked pretty good. That is where most of the story takes place.

I've read the script, and while it was good, I was a bit dissapointed only because it was written by Alex Garland. I didn't feel it lived up to his other works. I was glad they didn't feel the need to do an origin story and just went for it. While this is not making me want to rush out and see it, I think it could easily go either way.

For as much as they did wrong, the did a lot of stuff right. I love the look of Mean Machine and the ABC robot. Those are my favorite parts. The overall look of the film was good, but when it came to Dredd (and Rob ;) ) that's where it fell apart. I think a lot of Stallone's ego was involved in that. It's a shame, I thought Stallone looked good in the helmet.

• 2 weeks later...