Blade Could Return and Get a Facelift

Tiara

When Blade: Trinity arrived at the tail-end of 2004, the word on the street was that David Goyer was paving the way for a spin-off franchise featuring Hannibal King (Ryan Renolds) and Abigail Whistler (Jessica Biel). Needless to say, that never happened and the fans got a short-lived Spike TV Blade series with Sticky Fingaz replacing Wesley Snipes. Its on-air lifespan, however, may have spelled the end for further adventures of the Daywalker. Ah, but time heals in Hollywood and, as we all know, what is old can easily be renewed. Especially Blade, a franchise that has grossed over $400 million worldwide.

"God, it feels like they remake movies five years after they come out now," Goyer answers when asked if there's the possibility of seeing Blade's resurrection on screen. "I'm sure New Line at some point would like to do another version of it. Me? Never say never, but I think remakes are more successful the more time there is in between. Honestly, I think they should have waited for the new Hulk. I like the new one. But the longer time you have between remakes [and their originals], the better. For me, ten years is the minimum you really need."

Continue reading:

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=8837

Guest AdminGuyX

Del Toro already has like 57 films in development. He can't come back, even if he wanted to. ;) And he's also become an event filmmaker. He makes a movie, and it's a big deal now.

I think if you're bringing Snipes back, then just do a sequel that restarts the series. The same kind of thing. Martial arts action, slick props, slick direction, and a simple setup, payoff, no twist ending kind of movie.

If not, if the role is recast for a new series of films, then the entire direction of the films should be seperate from the Snipes films.

I'd go in a darker, more horiffic direction with no karate, and more frightening vampires. I'd love to see sylized and very gothic visuals with a dirtier, grittier production design.

Blade's look, and his gear should be very different, and look less like it just came off a seamstresses hanger, or prop guys work bench, more used, broken, patched up, and weathered. His gear always looked so new and perfect in the films. Always bugged me.

And it should just be Blade, by himself, no sidekick, no mentor, no team of vampire soldiers trained to kill him that have to work for him. Just Blade.

I want to see him living on the fringe, working to go unnoticed as hard as the vmapires do, and saving people on street level in unexpected ways. When he kills, he should be killing nasty vampires in brutal and disturbing ways, not ultra-slick choreographed balletic dances with CG stunts, and expensive sets that have become the accepted "Blade" world.

Just my notion of a reinvented Blade film. :)

I would have to say the 3rd Blade was terrible. If they remake it I hope they go towards Del Toro's direction. I truly enjoyed Blade II much more then the first. It had the moments were it was true horror and you were sitting there and all of a sudden BOOM you jump out of your seat..and it also had the kick ass action mixed with techno like the first one.

Del Toro already has like 57 films in development. He can't come back, even if he wanted to. ;) And he's also become an event filmmaker. He makes a movie, and it's a big deal now.

I think if you're bringing Snipes back, then just do a sequel that restarts the series. The same kind of thing. Martial arts action, slick props, slick direction, and a simple setup, payoff, no twist ending kind of movie.

If not, if the role is recast for a new series of films, then the entire direction of the films should be seperate from the Snipes films.

I'd go in a darker, more horiffic direction with no karate, and more frightening vampires. I'd love to see sylized and very gothic visuals with a dirtier, grittier production design.

Blade's look, and his gear should be very different, and look less like it just came off a seamstresses hanger, or prop guys work bench, more used, broken, patched up, and weathered. His gear always looked so new and perfect in the films. Always bugged me.

And it should just be Blade, by himself, no sidekick, no mentor, no team of vampire soldiers trained to kill him that have to work for him. Just Blade.

I want to see him living on the fringe, working to go unnoticed as hard as the vmapires do, and saving people on street level in unexpected ways. When he kills, he should be killing nasty vampires in brutal and disturbing ways, not ultra-slick choreographed balletic dances with CG stunts, and expensive sets that have become the accepted "Blade" world.

Just my notion of a reinvented Blade film. :)

That would be a Blade reboot that I would pay to see. Tone down the fantastical stunts and add more realism to it, sounds good to me.

I think the Hulk reference was right on. The second film was fine and all, but come on- 5 years later is ridiculous. I thoroughly enjoyed the Blade films (some more than others) and I'd love to see a new take on the character, but it's hardly time for a re-boot. Sometimes I just wanna say "Caaaalllm down, Hollywood. Breeeeeeeath."

I think the Hulk reference was right on. The second film was fine and all, but come on- 5 years later is ridiculous. I thoroughly enjoyed the Blade films (some more than others) and I'd love to see a new take on the character, but it's hardly time for a re-boot. Sometimes I just wanna say "Caaaalllm down, Hollywood. Breeeeeeeath."

:lol: I wouldn't be surprised if they started remaking the remakes of original films!