Taken - Starring Liam Neeson

So this isnt even coming out in America now??

thats a real shame. you guys will really be missing out. this is one lean mean motherfucker of a movie. I loved it. Its brutal and brilliant in its efficiency. neeson's character almost gives bourne and bond a run for their money.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this isnt even coming out in America now??

I've seen no evidence that would support the film not getting a release in the states.

IMDB and the film's official US site still report a January 30, 2009 release date.

It probably won't be in theaters very long unless it makes some serious dough in week one.

So if you plan to see it you better hit it opening week.

If there is release information to the contrary someone please let us know.

- TB

this movie is quite brutal for pg13 besides it is from 20th centuary fox that makes it even more strange.(This F*ckers want to cut "Watchmen" for PG 13 rating)

i liked it it's interesting to see liam neeson not only speaking.

his fighting technique in "batman begins" was quite amazing, blame he dind't use it in "taken"

ComingSoon.net has your exclusive first look at a new clip from Taken, the January 30 action-thriller starring Liam Neeson, Famke Janssen and Maggie Grace.

In the film, directed by Pierre Morel (District B13) from a script by Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen, a former spy (Neeson) sets out to find his kidnapped daughter in Paris at any cost. Relying on his special skills, he tracks down the ruthless gang that abducted her and launches a one-man war to bring them to justice and rescue his daughter.

Watch the clip

I suggest hitting the last 10-15 pages of the Warzone thread for fan insight into that.

In a nutshell - Most of the fan response, even from Warzone supporters (prior to the film's release) has been negative concerning the pretty much straight up, MAX style portrayal of Castle wrapped in an inexplicable cartoon. The ultra violence is sadly over the top and as such only serves to accentuate the comedy.

The film was pulled from US theaters after 2 weeks, and a dismal $7 million dollar haul. The film's budget was in excess of $22 million.

But it does have it's fans.

And Dave - Pierre Morel would have been a great choice for director, in the dreamworld mate.

- tb

Man Taken better be awesome.. its been getting hyped like no other on this site...and ive boughten into it.. god i want to see it.

It is - comes with my wife's thumbs up. And she is one tough cookie to please.

regards

Andrew

I suggest hitting the last 10-15 pages of the Warzone thread for fan insight into that.

In a nutshell - Most of the fan response, even from Warzone supporters (prior to the film's release) has been negative concerning the pretty much straight up, MAX style portrayal of Castle wrapped in an inexplicable cartoon. The ultra violence is sadly over the top and as such only serves to accentuate the comedy.

The film was pulled from US theaters after 2 weeks, and a dismal $7 million dollar haul. The film's budget was in excess of $22 million.

But it does have it's fans.

And Dave - Pierre Morel would have been a great choice for director, in the dreamworld mate.

- tb

ah...the dreamworld.....if only everything happened in the real world like it did there.......

I have a friend with a multi region dvd player, and he's got an imported version of "Taken" on BluRay (Yeah, I don't know how he got his BluRay player as multi region either) and it looks fantastic on BluRay. I was reading that the dvd release date here in the US is February 10th? It's an "Extreme Harder Cut", as they've billed it. Not sure how true this is.

Yeah, just to avoid confusion, Neeson's Taken was scored by Nathaniel Mechaly.

Spielberg's Taken was composed by Laura Karpman.

The 2008 Taken score has not yet been released in the US, though there is a European release available from Decca/Razor & Tie (478 1128).

Here's the pertinent info -

Country - European Union

Format - CD

Release Date - 2008

UPN - 0-028947-811282

I hadn't hit that link yet so thanks for letting us know, Superbeast.

- TB

Yeah, just to avoid confusion, Neeson's Taken was scored by Nathaniel Mechaly.

Spielberg's Taken was composed by Laura Karpman.

The 2008 Taken score has not yet been released in the US, though there is a European release available from Decca/Razor & Tie (478 1128).

Here's the pertinent info -

Country - European Union

Format - CD

Release Date - 2008

UPN - 0-028947-811282

I hadn't hit that link yet so thanks for letting us know, Superbeast.

- TB

sorry about that wrong link

Not a problem, Tim. ;) Hope I didn't step on toes with the correction!

No, no, no one need apologize. Happens all the time. Actually I had not checked the link myself, hadn't had the time, so I'm glad someone noticed.

It also motivated me to do a little research I had yet to embark on.

I liked the score but this was one of those times where the score didn't stick out for me, I was too absorbed in the film and didn't take major notice.

What I heard and remember, I liked. I'm watching the film again this week and will be listening for the score more attentively on this view.

- TB

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from TAKEN. It was ok. I wish I had been more blown away by it. Neeson was fine, scarily at ease with his abilities, but maybe too much so as there really wasn't much suspense to speak of. There ARE a couple of unexpectedly bad ass things he does that brought a smile to my face, though I noticed one interrogation scene was somewhat edited down from the trailer. One major contrived plot device and a somewhat mundane ending kept it from being on my "gotta see over and over" list. On a side note, I LOVE Famke Janssen, but just loathed her character in this flick, and I'm not sure I was supposed to. Any movie that causes me to dislike Famke I have an issue with. LOL