Columbia Pictures has revealed the new teaser trailer for Angels & Demons, hitting theaters on May 15th. In the film, based upon the bestselling novel by Dan Brown ("The Da Vinci Code"), Tom Hanks reprises his role as Harvard religious expert Robert Langdon, who once again finds that forces with ancient roots are willing to stop at nothing, even murder, to advance their goals. Ron Howard again directs the film, which is produced by Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, and John Calley. The screenplay is by David Koepp and Akiva Goldsman.

Continue reading:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=50144

Guest AdminGuyX

I've never read the books, my girlfriend has, and we both loved the first film. Despite all it's problems, pacing, haircuts, whatever, it didn't matter for me. I thought it was an awesome movie.

Mind you, I happen to LOVE the DP on this one Salvatore Totino. Since I saw "The Missing" I've been a fan. He shot Davinci Code, Cinderella Man, and he's shooting this one too.

Can't fuckin' wait.

I vastly preferred the novel "Angels & Demons" to the novel "The Da Vinci" code.

From the looks of it, "Angels & Demons" the movie looks set to be even better compared to "The Da Vinci code" movie than their novel counterparts.

While I still think Tom Hanks is miscast as hell as Langdon, I'm looking somehwat forward to this. Should be cool seeing The Big Bang effects, for those who know the novel.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a direct link for that nifty teaser for Angels And Demons.

Angels And Demons Teaser - HD

Luckily I had no preconceptions about the Langdon character so Hanks sold me.

In Davinci, it seemed like everyone came out of the woodwork to complain about Hank's hair. Many thought it ridiculous.

I thought complaining about the hair was ridiculous. I thought Hanks looked fine.

Well rest easy my coiffe fixated friends. Hanks wears his regular loaf in this film, a prequel to The DaVinci Code.

Here's the teaser poster -

Angels_and_demons.jpg

I always enjoyed this particular cover for the book -

AngelsAndDemons.jpg

- TB

I love that poster, and that kickass book cover. I've never read either of the books, but I loved the first movie. I also thought that the criticism about Tom Hanks' hair was ridiculous and over the top. The movie was great, so I guess someone had to find something to complain about. I can't wait for this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Warning: This post contains spoilers for The Da Vinci Code.

I read about fifty pages of The Da Vinci Code before hurling it across the room. I sat through the stupid movie – the whole thing – and hated every miserable moment. It now faces some stiff competition from Twilight, but before this year I would have been hard-pressed to come up with a less interesting pop culture phenomenon. At least for a non-Christian like me, who has no reason to be stunned by the notion of Jesus Christ having procreated, The Da Vinci Code simply had nothing to offer.

I don't consider myself a masochist, but I don't mind being a guinea pig. So I thought doing Angels & Demons in this column would be fun, in a way.

It would have been great to be able to say that Angels & Demons was some sort of revelation (no pun intended); it certainly would have made this post easier to write. Alas, it ranks among the dumbest things I've ever read: an adventure book for fourth-graders, seemingly written by a sixth-grader. In an effort to make itself "accessible" to absolutely everyone, it makes its characters into nitwits – which is problematic since its characters are Harvard professors and world-class particle physicists. Dr. Robert Langdon, played by Tom Hanks in both films, has never heard of a particle accelerator – or maybe he has, and is just astounded to learn that it's an enormous underground structure. Antimatter is a new concept as well. At one point, the novel helpfully explains who Galileo was. You get the idea.

Continue reading:

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/12/22/from...els-and-demons/

• 3 weeks later...
Brian Grazer, producer of the movie adaptation of Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, told reporters that he is preparing to test-screen the film and added that the running time will be shorter than its predecessor, The Da Vinci Code. The first film pushed two and a half hours, but Angels will have a more standard length, Grazer said.

"It's down to under two hours," Grazer said in a group interview in Universal City, Calif., where he was promoting his new TV series Lie to Me on Fox. "I'm having a test screening tonight."

Grazer added that the adaptation—written by David Koepp and Akiva Goldsman and directed again by Ron Howard—is as faithful to Brown's book as The Da Vinci Code was. He added that Angels provided more opportunities for visual thrills.

In Da Vinci, symbologist Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) and agent Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tatou) go from scholar to scholar discussing art history. In Angels, Langdon must stop a terrorist plot against the Vatican.

"It has a lot of action, though, whereas The Da Vinci Code had less action, was more static," Grazer said. "This has much more propulsion do it." Columbia Pictures will release Angels & Demons on May 15.

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/producer-bria...gels-demons.php

• 4 weeks later...
On Super Bowl Sunday, Columbia Pictures relaunched the official website for director Ron Howard's Angels & Demons. The updates include 10 clips from the film that are scattered throughout the site, and while the site has many cool things to check out, an easier way to watch the clips is by heading to YouTube here!

Opening May 15th, the suspense thriller stars Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Ayelet Zurer, Stellan Skarsgard, Pierfrancesco Favino, Nikolaj Lie Kaas and Armin Mueller-Stahl.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52577

MSN has debuted the new trailer for Columbia Pictures' Angels & Demons, opening in theaters on May 15th. Directed by Ron Howard, the suspense thriller stars Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Ayelet Zurer, Stellan Skarsgard, Pierfrancesco Favino, Nikolaj Lie Kaas and Armin Mueller-Stahl. The film is based upon the bestselling novel by Dan Brown.

In the film, Robert Langdon (Hanks) discovers evidence of the resurgence of an ancient secret brotherhood known as the Illuminati - the most powerful underground organization in history - and also faces a deadly threat to the existence of the secret organization's most despised enemy: the Catholic Church. When Langdon learns that the clock is ticking on an unstoppable Illuminati time bomb, he jets to Rome, where he joins forces with Vittoria Vetra, a beautiful and enigmatic Italian scientist. Embarking on a nonstop, action-packed hunt through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs, deserted cathedrals, and even to the heart of the most secretive vault on earth, Langdon and Vetra will follow a 400-year-old trail of ancient symbols that mark the Vatican's only hope for survival.

You can watch the trailer here!

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52809

• 1 month later...
Two new posters--one domestic and one international--have been revealed for Columbia Pictures' Angels & Demons, coming to theaters on May 15th. Directed by Ron Howard, the suspense thriller stars Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Ayelet Zurer, Stellan Skarsgard, Pierfrancesco Favino, Nikolaj Lie Kaas and Armin Mueller-Stahl. The film is based on the best-selling novel by Dan Brown.

ad1.jpg

ad2.jpg

News Link

You know I still haven't even seen Da Vinci Code yet.... Shameful isn't it? Doesn't really matter though, isn't this a prequel?

• 2 months later...
Guest AdminGuyX

Finally saw this today. It's good, but too long, and I didn't like it near as much as Davinci Code. The movie was just a little too all over the place, and a little too "Langdon is the lone hero no one believes, so he goes off on his own" for me.

There were really two very seperate stories being told in the film. One of them having to do with the election of the new pope. The other being a murder mystery involving an anti-matter bomb, and the Illuminati.

And the visuals just didn't strike me in this film the way they did in Davinci. There were some very amazing shots in Davinci code that I just loved. This one just looked a lot more like a Tony Scott action flick.

It was predictable too. There was really no question about what was happening. You knew who the villian was all along if you were paying attention. And, it's kind of a bone headed movie toward the end. There is some groan worthy stuff going on in the third act.

But overall, it was good. Not great.