Music: what are you currently infatuated with?

Guest AdminGuyX

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the many METAL bands I listen to is EDGUY, and if you know EDGUY, then you are familiar with TOBIAS SAMETT, and if you know TOBIAS SAMETT, then you know AVANTASIA...sorry, I'm getting there!

AVANTASIA has a new release called SCARECROW, here is a very familiar voice as a guest vocalist...

ALICE COOPER, MASTER OF TOYS!!YIPPPEEEEE! New Tobias and new Coop!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyIhN9QBoyQ

and this is a cool info clip as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Ray Davies - "Working Man's Cafe"

My 16 year old daughter is in the basement practicing Tae kwon do...she has Ozzy Osbourn CRANKED...some things are just is timeless I guess...but I never figured Ozzy was on of em.

Personally, I think he is proof that ZOMBIES exist...but, I love his music...Zakk Wilde on guitars just can't be beat. I'm listening to MAFIA, from Black Label Society as I type...but fucking Ozzy keeps drowning it...

I've been listening to the soundtrack to a great lil unkown flick called Weirdsville. Great songs. You can get it really cheap off of Itunes. This song called Chicken Soup For The F**K You by a band called Shout Out Out Out Out is awesome. Worth a look just for that song.

JO

I just saw this flick a few days ago and noticed the music, much of which I liked. It's a Canadian movie, so I'm assuming most, if not all, of the music is from Canadian bands. Does anyone know if this soundtrack is available on CD?

I just saw this flick a few days ago and noticed the music, much of which I liked. It's a Canadian movie, so I'm assuming most, if not all, of the music is from Canadian bands. Does anyone know if this soundtrack is available on CD?

Yeah. All canadian bands. It's available through itunes or on cd. Here's a link:http:http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...0838&sr=8-2

To the right you can also check out used and new cds from individual sellers. Sometimes that's the best deal since they're usually cheaper.

Hope that helped some.

JO

It's not a current infatuation, but Mark Lanegan's solo work is amazing. He was the lead singer of the Screaming Trees, one of the Seattle grunge bands that never made it big. The lyrics are amazing and the music feels like a bad night in a dark room. "Ugly Sunday", "Methamphetamine Blues", "Woe", "Driving Death Valley",and "Down in the Dark" are some of the standouts with Kurt Cobain providing backup vocals on the last one.

It's not a current infatuation, but Mark Lanegan's solo work is amazing. He was the lead singer of the Screaming Trees, one of the Seattle grunge bands that never made it big. The lyrics are amazing and the music feels like a bad night in a dark room. "Ugly Sunday", "Methamphetamine Blues", "Woe", "Driving Death Valley",and "Down in the Dark" are some of the standouts with Kurt Cobain providing backup vocals on the last one.

I forget now - are those off of his album Bubblegum, which PJ Harvey also contributed vocals to, a while back? Or another album?

Love his work with Queens Of The Stone Age and Isobel Campell -- oh, and he's got a new album out with Greg Dulli of The Afghan Whigs and Twilight Singers. They're called the Gutter Twins and new album is Saturnalia.

Didn't Mark also do some Desert Sessions type album with Josh Homme of QOTSA??

Oh, and also Mark's featured, on some songs at least, of the "band" Soul Savers (Soulsavers?)... I'm not sure of the origin of the band now - they're actually an electronic duo, I think, but enlisted Mark for vocal duties...

Jen

Methamphetamine and Death Valley are both off of Bubblegum and the others are all from The Winding Sheet. But those aren't his only good songs by any means, just a few to check out. As for his collaborative efforts you can find a full list on his Wikipedia entry. I haven't checked out the Soul Savers or most of the others. I found him through his work with QotSA.

Yngwie Malmsteen - Heaven Tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCrROerBxpk

I've loved this guys stuff for years! Very nice link!! You got to love the old HAIR bands man.

The Black Keys - "Just Got To Be":

I don't know if I'm the only person who has not seen this...but jesus, joseph and mary, I damned near died on my rice pilaf view this shit....

I'm F'ing Matt Damon followed by I'm F'ing Ben Affleck...warning, do not have food or beverage in your mouth while viewing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rGa29kPBbp4

I still cry over this. Pure genius.

OH YES:

From REUTERS:

Industrial-rock band Nine Inch Nails has wasted no time releasing its first album since becoming a free agent last October.

The Trent Reznor-led combo started selling an instrumental album, "Ghosts I-IV," on its Web site, http://www.nin.com on Sunday. Fans can receive the first nine songs from the 36-track project for free, or can pay $5 for the entire digital album.

There are several other ordering options, each of which comes with immediate access to the album in digital form.

The standard double-CD set is retailing for $10, and will reach stores on April 8. A $70 deluxe edition and a $300 autographed version will ship May 1.

After Nine Inch Nails' contract with Interscope expired, the label released a remix album, "Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D." The band's last studio release, "Year Zero," debuted at No. 2 on the U.S. album charts last April.

OH YES:

From REUTERS:

Industrial-rock band Nine Inch Nails has wasted no time releasing its first album since becoming a free agent last October.

The Trent Reznor-led combo started selling an instrumental album, "Ghosts I-IV," on its Web site, http://www.nin.com on Sunday. Fans can receive the first nine songs from the 36-track project for free, or can pay $5 for the entire digital album.

There are several other ordering options, each of which comes with immediate access to the album in digital form.

The standard double-CD set is retailing for $10, and will reach stores on April 8. A $70 deluxe edition and a $300 autographed version will ship May 1.

After Nine Inch Nails' contract with Interscope expired, the label released a remix album, "Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D." The band's last studio release, "Year Zero," debuted at No. 2 on the U.S. album charts last April.

I wish more bands would do this. I never did hear how it worked out for Radiohead. Speaking of, I lent my copy of o.k. computer to a friend. I listened to it on the way home the other day after he returned it. Oh man, I forgot how much I loved that album.

http://www.myspace.com/mpjmusic

Matthew Perryman Jones. I love his voice and musical style. May not be to anyone's taste on this board, but there are some good lyrics hiding in there.

Just read that his songs Waiting on the Light to Change and Beneath the Silver Moon are scheduled to appear THIS WEEK, Thursday, March 13th, in Episode 1.07 of ABC’s new television series, Eli Stone. The episode is entitled, “Heal the Pain.” Tune in at 10:00 pm (Eastern).

I've already been watching Eli Stone, so I'm happy MPJ's music will be on there.